Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Are AMEX FHR bookings eligible for MR points/nights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are AMEX FHR bookings eligible for MR points/nights?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MTan
For what it's worth, I emailed Marriott and received a response from a manager in the "Luxury Specialty Department" who said that "Prepaid American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts bookings are eligible for stay and point credit." Whether that email is worth anything if points don't post is a whole other matter entirely.
Maybe we can get some info from the lurkers here? There are now clearly reports that certain hotel grant EQN and credit ... but most don't. What a mess.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Nevsky
Although the points are important, what is the rule (or is it YMMV) if one books on the phone (not prepaid) with respect to Platinum/Titanium benefits which may vary slightly from FHR benefits? Will one get both? That used to be the case. Is it still the case?
there is no question that you get the better of both when doing a pay at the hotel fhr booking. Although ...I'd have to think about whether platinum has anything not available through fhr. Some hotels have made a big deal when I'm staying at an fhr rate that I am also an ambassador.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's troubling that there's no consistent (and PUBLISHED) rule. Who has the time to contact the hotel after making a FHR reservation to ask about points, spend credit, elite nights, and on site (Ambassador) benefits and then to still worry whether the answer from the hotel was correct and will be honored?
jaejaez, MTan and tomwhom like this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:14 am

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
AMEX FHR

Does booking through FHR get dollar and stay credit?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:43 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Yes, no worries there.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Reports are that prepaid 5x FHR stays do not credit to Marriott. But we could use more data points.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Post paid FHR stays definitely get points/nights credit as well as status recognition. Seems like there used to be some linkage issues as to showing up in the Bonvoy app as a pending reservation but the last few I have made show up. Sometimes FHR reservations make sense, and sometimes they don't -- in terms of the benefits!
tomwhom likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: United, Bonvoy, NEXUS/GE, Amex Plat
Just wanted to add a data point. Recently completed two stays, prepaid FHR for 5x, and both stays posted with correct points (including elite / welcome bonus, etc) as well as EQN (including the 2x promo). Very excited for this double dip! If this holds up, I’ll honestly probably steer extra bookings via FHR and specifically to MR properties.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MTan
Just wanted to add a data point. Recently completed two stays, prepaid FHR for 5x, and both stays posted with correct points (including elite / welcome bonus, etc) as well as EQN (including the 2x promo). Very excited for this double dip! If this holds up, I’ll honestly probably steer extra bookings via FHR and specifically to MR properties.
^ that's awesome! Maybe Amex has fixed this now
Old Aug 25, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K / IC RA/ Hilton Plat / Bonvoy Gold
Had a 4 night stay at a Ritz property prepaid with FHR. Points did not post, went through the process of missing stay credit, and was denied.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:11 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by cobrax333
Had a 4 night stay at a Ritz property prepaid with FHR. Points did not post, went through the process of missing stay credit, and was denied.
Which Ritz?
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:51 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by cobrax333
I heard anything not booked thru Marriott directly will not earn any points or credits.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:55 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by t1c
I heard anything not booked thru Marriott directly will not earn any points or credits.
That's inaccurate, though. Stays booked on aggregator websites will not earn any point or credits, but FHR/ AMEX generally is fine, along with corporate booking platforms, Vituoso, travel agents and a few other exceptions. What we're trying to work out is whether all FHR stays should always count, which doesn't seem to yet be 100% clear.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:53 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yes, you do not have to book through Marriott for the rate to be a "Qualifying Rate." Many third-party channels count.
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
What we're trying to work out is whether all FHR stays should always count, which doesn't seem to yet be 100% clear.
Specifically, the issue is the prepaid, 5x MR bookings.
C17PSGR and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:22 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, you do not have to book through Marriott for the rate to be a "Qualifying Rate." Many third-party channels count.
AFAIK FHR may be one of the only 3rd party channels that would count as eligible for Marriott Bonvoy elite nights/points/benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.