Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Are AMEX FHR bookings eligible for MR points/nights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are AMEX FHR bookings eligible for MR points/nights?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I also got points as expected for my Intercontinental stay at the weekend.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:44 am

Virtuoso/AMEX FHR not eligible

I have the same issue regarding eligibility for points/nights book via Virtuoso or AMEX FHR. I haven't make my booking yet,just wanted to reconfirm before I make the booking. Apparently Virtuoso and AMEX FHR are not eligible. Which is contract to what I know off, where AMEX FHR and Virtuoso are exceptional.

I posted this to FB insider group to ask regarding this, was declined by admin.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:45 am

Virtuoso/AMEX FHR not eligible

I have the same issue regarding eligibility for points/nights book via Virtuoso or AMEX FHR. I haven't make my booking yet,just wanted to reconfirm before I make the booking. Apparently Virtuoso and AMEX FHR are not eligible. Which is contract to what I know off, where AMEX FHR and Virtuoso are exceptional.

I posted this to FB insider group to ask regarding this, was declined by admin.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by FQ415
Nancy is wrong and shouldn't reply to paying customers out of her arse.
ABG and rhg247 like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
The one constant about this thread is that there literally has never been clarity on this issue and likely never will be. Every time we think its played out a new poster pops in and restarts the whole thing over again...

Regards
rhg247 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by applesauce
Nancy is wrong and shouldn't reply to paying customers out of her arse.
I mean it’s probably the “right” answer for the FB group/ThePointsGuy crowd. Just assume not and you can’t go wrong right?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 6:36 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
more concerned with nights than I am points. are they both contentious?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by scubadu
The one constant about this thread is that there literally has never been clarity on this issue and likely never will be. Every time we think its played out a new poster pops in and restarts the whole thing over again...
Agreed - the only clarity is that you can't count on getting credit on an FHR rate, because they book through Expedia, so the decision is in the hands of the property (as Nancy explained in her email, which I thought was actually pretty good on that specific point).

Originally Posted by cpworld
more concerned with nights than I am points. are they both contentious?
If it doesn't credit, you won't get either.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 2:29 am

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Delete.

Last edited by williamluk; Aug 1, 2022 at 4:17 am
Old Aug 1, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Kacee

If it doesn't credit, you won't get either.
I got the night and welcome gift points but not the points for the rate. So 95% of the points are missing.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
I got the night and welcome gift points but not the points for the rate. So 95% of the points are missing.
That's just weird. I can't imagine why a property would code it that way. Accrual for an eligible night should be all or nothing. Just shows there's sometime no rhyme nor reason to how properties handle these, I guess.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
That's just weird. I can't imagine why a property would code it that way. Accrual for an eligible night should be all or nothing. Just shows there's sometime no rhyme nor reason to how properties handle these, I guess.
The only certainty in this thread with FHR is uncertainty....
Old Aug 1, 2022, 9:02 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by FQ415
I have the same issue regarding eligibility for points/nights book via Virtuoso or AMEX FHR. I haven't make my booking yet,just wanted to reconfirm before I make the booking. Apparently Virtuoso and AMEX FHR are not eligible.
For clarity again, Virtuoso & Marriott's own STARS/Luminous program are both eligible without question.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by ABG
For clarity again, Virtuoso & Marriott's own STARS/Luminous program are both eligible without question.
not according to the statement by Nancy A. But then I am not sure was there any adult supervision when she typed that up.

Last edited by williamluk; Aug 1, 2022 at 10:56 am
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
FHR post-paid had always been points and elite night eligible. Uncertainty was introduced when the prepaid option was added.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.