Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Lisbon, Portugal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Lisbon, Portugal

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2020, 9:25 am

Does anyone know anything about or recently stayed at the Moxy Lisbon City? What category it is? It’s not bookable online for some reason.

Note that this is a different hotel from the Moxy Lisboa City Oriente.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...y-lisbon-city/
Old Feb 15, 2020, 2:12 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by avatexrs
Does anyone know anything about or recently stayed at the Moxy Lisbon City? What category it is? It’s not bookable online for some reason.

Note that this is a different hotel from the Moxy Lisboa City Oriente.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...y-lisbon-city/
Pretty sure this has not opened yet.
Old May 15, 2021, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I researched quite a bit and decided Fontecruz is a better option for 7 nights in December over Sheraton Lisboa. Location and room rate are the main factors with Fontecruz being centrally located within easy walking distance to most tourist sights and $165 for Fontecruz vs $198 for Sheraton. I'll get breakfast at either hotel as Titanium, and $35 per night buys the drinks and food I'd want for appetizers that a Club offers. It's interesting that Fontecruz would be 300,000 points vs 195,000 points for 7 nights.

Sheraton Porto is still my best option even though location is not ideal.
Old May 15, 2021, 1:52 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by CIT85
Yep - about 200 miles from Lisbon is not ideal
Old May 15, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CIT85
I researched quite a bit and decided Fontecruz is a better option for 7 nights in December over Sheraton Lisboa. Location and room rate are the main factors with Fontecruz being centrally located within easy walking distance to most tourist sights and $165 for Fontecruz vs $198 for Sheraton. I'll get breakfast at either hotel as Titanium, and $35 per night buys the drinks and food I'd want for appetizers that a Club offers. It's interesting that Fontecruz would be 300,000 points vs 195,000 points for 7 nights.

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Yep - about 200 miles from Lisbon is not ideal
Too bad Hyatt SLH Hotel Infante Sangre is significantly more expensive than Sheraton Porto, over 200 euros, location is much better in central Porto.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT
Best hotel for a birthday?

Any suggestions which hotel to choose for a long weekend in Lisbon to celebrate a significant birthday? I wonder which hotel is most welcoming to a platinum birthday boy with spouse. Cheers!
Old Sep 14, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Happydayy
Any suggestions which hotel to choose for a long weekend in Lisbon to celebrate a significant birthday? I wonder which hotel is most welcoming to a platinum birthday boy with spouse. Cheers!
Go the Fontecruz. There are some mixed reviews on TA but I've always enjoyed it and the location is fantastic. (Note: If you don't have an EU Vaccination QR, you'll have to present a negative COVID test - the hotel will email you the details and nearby options).

I'm at the Moxy Lisbon City currently which is fun, has a pool, and is full of 20/30-somethings. It's a bit too budget for a special occasion, though (and the rooms are small).
Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Any thoughts on the Ivens? Same points as the Fontecruz and debating which is best for a use of 50k certs.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Any thoughts on the Ivens? Same points as the Fontecruz and debating which is best for a use of 50k certs.
I am also curious about this hotel. I'll likely make another short trip over to LIS later this month and see this property showing up in searches now with a decent rate. Do they have a lounge? Where is breakfast offered for elites that qualify? Anything for evening hors d'ouevres or drinks?

I normally stay at the Sheraton which is perfectly located for what I need to do. Have done the Fontecruz in the past and I really enjoyed it but I know for sure they don't have a lounge and I don't remember their breakfast offering at the time.

Thanks,
-RM
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by seanp7
Go the Fontecruz. (Note: If you don't have an EU Vaccination QR, you'll have to present a negative COVID test - the hotel will email you the details and nearby options).
Did you mean that the CDC card won’t be accepted by this hotel? How about the antigen test (within 48 hours of departure) taken before heading to Portugal?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Did you mean that the CDC card won’t be accepted by this hotel? How about the antigen test (within 48 hours of departure) taken before heading to Portugal?
In Sept 2021, they weren't accepting the CDC card. Not sure about now. Here are the testing requirements (again, as of Sept 2021):For Non-European:

Is mandatory to show NEGATIVE RESULTS

-NAAT/PCR performed within 72h prior to the time of arrival into the hotel.

or

-SARS-COV-2 Rapid antigen (TRAg) test performed within 48h prior to the time of arrival into the hotel.

or

-SARS-COV-2 Rapid antigen (TRAg) SELF test performed within 24h prior to the time of arrival into the hotel, checked and certified by a certified health agent or pharmacy.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 7:35 pm

This is very helpful. I will try to schedule antigen test in US as late as possible before my departure to LIS.

I have a digital version of CDC card from Virginia Department of Health with QR code. Do you think that it might be accepted by the hotel?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Kmxu
This is very helpful. I will try to schedule antigen test in US as late as possible before my departure to LIS.

I have a digital version of CDC card from Virginia Department of Health with QR code. Do you think that it might be accepted by the hotel?
i would just convert your CDC card to a Swiss pass online now and save yourself the hassle. Worth the $35 imo even if you use it once or twice.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 6:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I am also curious about this hotel. I'll likely make another short trip over to LIS later this month and see this property showing up in searches now with a decent rate. Do they have a lounge? Where is breakfast offered for elites that qualify? Anything for evening hors d'ouevres or drinks?

I normally stay at the Sheraton which is perfectly located for what I need to do. Have done the Fontecruz in the past and I really enjoyed it but I know for sure they don't have a lounge and I don't remember their breakfast offering at the time.

Thanks,
-RM
We stayed at the Ivens opening week and it was amazing. Full breakfast offered to Elites for free which I recall being around €40 if paid (and superb, silver service sort of thing).

Plat upgrade to a suite.

No lounge.

Highly recommended
dcmike and Adam1222 like this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by seanp7
In Sept 2021, they weren't accepting the CDC card. Not sure about now. Here are the testing requirements (again, as of Sept 2021):For Non-European:

Is mandatory to show NEGATIVE RESULTS

-NAAT/PCR performed within 72h prior to the time of arrival into the hotel.

or

-SARS-COV-2 Rapid antigen (TRAg) test performed within 48h prior to the time of arrival into the hotel.

or

-SARS-COV-2 Rapid antigen (TRAg) SELF test performed within 24h prior to the time of arrival into the hotel, checked and certified by a certified health agent or pharmacy.
This is from US Embassy’s website;

For example, a guest staying at a hotel for a week would require at least 3 PCR tests throughout their stay in order to remain at the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.