Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more free water for Platinum?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Is it normal to take stuff from the lounges in the Marriott world for later consumption? My rule is I'll only take a bottle out if I've been drinking it in the lounge and it would otherwise go to waste. Is the idea that the lounge is a kind of help yourself room service?
I normally take a half-dozen cans of Diet Pepsi over the the course of a day.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Is it normal to take stuff from the lounges in the Marriott world for later consumption? My rule is I'll only take a bottle out if I've been drinking it in the lounge and it would otherwise go to waste. Is the idea that the lounge is a kind of help yourself room service?
Within reason, yes. A couple of bottles of soda pop or water would be fine, but bringing down a bag and loading it up with say a half-dozen even if for an entire family would be a bit suspect. Here in the states, lounges often have crisps and protein bars which I doubt are intended to be consumed in the lounge itself.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:26 am

Everyone commented on my last post of asking for an actual water cooler by saying lots of hotels have the fruit infused water jug in the lobby which is awesome but I feel bad going and filling up a 1L water bottle from it.

We have one of these jug-less water coolers in the office and it's brilliant. Filters are relatively cheap compared to how long they last, so if everyone wants to fill up their gallon jug at check in it shouldn't matter.

If no one can tell, I drink a lot of water.

margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
My data point is the cheap water Marriott is now putting into rooms at SPG properties. Previously it was Disani and sometimes FIJI, but now we have VASA for Marriott water which is bottled from the municipal water (tap) supply of Modesto, California. ... Marriott.
remymartin likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:50 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
My data point is the cheap water Marriott is now putting into rooms at SPG properties. Previously it was Disani and sometimes FIJI, but now we have VASA for Marriott water which is bottled from the municipal water (tap) supply of Modesto, California. ... Marriott.
I believe Vasa is filtered water sourced from Bellefonte, PA's Big Spring, which was awarded the "best tasting water in the state" by the Pennsylvania Rural Water Association.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Dasani is a Coca-Cola product. Marriott contracts with Pepsi so that was an easy to forecast decision as the Coke contracts end.

More likely to find Aquafina (a Pepsi brand). Maybe with Pepsi’s Starbucks partnership we might get Ethos. But I suspect the default give away in lounges and to elites will remain cheap generic branded water, with Ethos and LIFEWTR brands available for purchase.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
It tastes rank! I wondered when I was drinking it in the summer, that the water tasted funny then I saw it was basically tap water. Even though it meant forking out for it, I was more than happy to pay for a bottle of water that actually tasted nice.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by nequine
It tastes rank! I wondered when I was drinking it in the summer, that the water tasted funny then I saw it was basically tap water. Even though it meant forking out for it, I was more than happy to pay for a bottle of water that actually tasted nice.
I thought it was me, as I find the small in-room Marriott water bottles taste seriously "off"!
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Nope, not just you!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:19 pm

Staying at the Marriott in Irving Las Colinas. They no longer have bottles of water in the rooms or concierge lounge. Told me they eliminated them for green choice purposes. Offered me a glass for the tap. Just shocked! Has anyone else experienced this at a full service property?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:38 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Several recent lounges/MClubs I've been to no longer have bottled water, but have a filtered water machine. (London Maida Vale Marriott, Arlington Crystal Gateway Marriott, Oakland Downtown Marriott come to mind*). If I want water to go, I'll usually just grab a coffee cup with a lid and fill that up; or I often travel with a refillable water bottle that I'll refill in the lounge.

(*I haven't inquired about bottled water at these properties; perhaps it's still available if requested).
Old Jul 15, 2019, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
No bottled water at the SFO Marriott Waterfront which has the new M Club style lounge. They have glass carafes available if you want to take water to your room.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:25 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Segments
No bottled water at the SFO Marriott Waterfront which has the new M Club style lounge. They have glass carafes available if you want to take water to your room.
That's been in effect since the M Lounge opened almost four years ago.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by flyou10

Yes this absolutely. I always have a water bottle with me as well that I keep filled up. I usually just go to the fitness center. But I would love for there to be one in the lobby too, or better yet, on each floor.

The fruit infused is ok for a glass of water, but I don’t really like putting that in my actual bottle.
I've seen way too many people try to stick their used water bottles under the spigot trying to fill their water bottles and putting the lip of their bottle right on the spigot. The infused water jugs were not designed with enough clearance for filling water bottles and it still makes me shake my head every time I see someone stick their dirty bottle right on the spigot. If I'm driving my own car, I just grab couple of bottles from my trunk (I keep a case in there.) before valeting the car. If not I walk to the nearest store and buy couple of large bottles. The two little bottles are just not enough for me.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
no bottled water at the lounge at Marriott Marquis in Atlanta. Really surprised that a FS property would eliminate bottled complementary bottles of water in the room AND the lounge, but they're happy to sell me the $6 bottle of water.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.