Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Targeted: bonus points for spend on SPG biz AMEX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:44 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

We have taken our SPG AMEX, both biz and personal, from our wallets. Today, my husband received a bonus offer on his SPG biz card. From now thru Dec 6, 2018, he gets 20K bonus points for every $10K spend up to a total of 40K bonus points. Given the reduction in benefit of using the SPG AMEX cards, this lifts us just slightly above where we were pre Aug. Last year, we received an offer of 10K SPG points for $10K spend. That was well worth participating. We'll have to look at our business expenses during the targeted window to see whether this is better than opportunities elsewhere. I'm not sure it is.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:37 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We have taken our SPG AMEX, both biz and personal, from our wallets. Today, my husband received a bonus offer on his SPG biz card. From now thru Dec 6, 2018, he gets 20K bonus points for every $10K spend up to a total of 40K bonus points. Given the reduction in benefit of using the SPG AMEX cards, this lifts us just slightly above where we were pre Aug. Last year, we received an offer of 10K SPG points for $10K spend. That was well worth participating. We'll have to look at our business expenses during the targeted window to see whether this is better than opportunities elsewhere. I'm not sure it is.
Maybe it's a San Diego thing I got the same offer yesterday with perfect timing with several large Business expenses coming up.

It is interesting that I received the offer on my SPG Business card and my husband didn't receive the offer on his. I have continued using mine for some non bonused spend while he has completely stopped using his. He has switched to the Amex Blue Business Plus (at least for the next 50K)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.