Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cat 1 & 2 Bargains

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: LT Mariott Platinum?, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, Amtrak Nothing.
Cat 1 & 2 Bargains

With all of the post-merger chaos, I'm hoping this thread doesn't get overlooked and also can provide some ideas for efficient use of hard earned Marriott and Starwood points. As someone who no longer earns tons of points (as I don't travel for work), I'm looking for interesting low point usage possibilities, especially if they are within the USA.

So, anyone out there have some suggestions for low category stays? While the fanciness of the property itself isn't that important (to me at least), it would be good that the property is clean and well run. Being fairly close to places to visit/things to see is a definite plus.

I've tried searching on this, to no avail.

Any suggestions out there?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Have you used Marriott's hotel directory and filtered for U.S. and Cat 1, near to things that interest you?

https://www.marriott.com/hotel-searc...e&filter=false
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: LT Mariott Platinum?, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, Amtrak Nothing.
Yes. Also, this map of properties is useful: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/vi...0971076661&z=2

I am interested in first hand experiences at places.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Clean and well run? I can recommend the Fairfield Inn Chillicothe. It was very nice when I was there, and has 86% Excellent ratings at Tripadvisor, and only Cat 1 points.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Lafayette, LA is a cute little town. I'd recommend to doing during the festival international de louisiane or the cajun heritage festival acadiens et creoles. I usually stay at the springhill lafayette south (which is a Cat 2), but the cat 1 residence inn by the airport is nice and clean (just not conveniently located for me).
copyright1997 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Cat 1 seems like a bargin on it given the nightly rate right now is $149.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.