FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Platinum Challenge General Discussion Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1928977-marriott-platinum-challenge-general-discussion-thread.html)

colinscanner Sep 6, 2018 8:25 am

If the end date is 12/31, does a stay checking in on the 31st count? I would think so but if anyone has figure this out...

Preacher7 Sep 7, 2018 7:54 am

ANyone know yet if award/travel package nights count?

tygran37 Sep 7, 2018 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7 (Post 30178221)
ANyone know yet if award/travel package nights count?

Awards stays DO count. This is different from past challenges.

I got a Marriott CSR to email me the full terms and conditions and they do count.

tom-schmitt Sep 7, 2018 5:39 pm

How many stays to reach Platinum if I am already Gold? 8 or 16?

ezak Sep 9, 2018 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by bearsdidit (Post 30172487)
I just called in and was registered within 20 minutes, including wait time. The CSR was not aware of the challenge but managed to find information on it. The end date is 12/31/2018 and they gave me the option of stays or nights. When I inquired about how many stays were needed, the CSR did not know so I opted for nights. I will probably call back in a day or two to confirm everything.

Were you able to get any confirmation? The rep told me I'd get an email but I got nothing, so I couldn't really find anything in writing confirming that I have been enrolled successfully.

Elizabeth Twrs Sep 9, 2018 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by tygran37 (Post 30179000)
Awards stays DO count. This is different from past challenges.

I got a Marriott CSR to email me the full terms and conditions and they do count.

Do you know what are eligible paid nights? I called Marriot and the CSO insisted that prepaid rates booked on the Marriot app would not qualify for the challenge. That struck me as rather odd. Also he insisted that it had to be within 3 months of the day I signed up, and not till 31 Dec 2018 as some others have reported.

hindolio Sep 11, 2018 11:45 am

Called in yesterday and the customer service rep initially was not aware of any Platinum or Gold Challenge. After a brief hold, she found information and stated the Platinum Challenge as:
  • 16 nights
  • Award stays count
  • No status during challenge
  • Challenge starts immediately and includes the remainder of month of sign-up plus 3 months
No email of terms and conditions available but she stated the challenge shows on my account (although I am unable to see it). Anyone with experience in going backtracking challenges after completion?

bearsdidit Sep 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by ezak (Post 30186636)
Were you able to get any confirmation? The rep told me I'd get an email but I got nothing, so I couldn't really find anything in writing confirming that I have been enrolled successfully.

Nope/nada. I called back in and verified the challenge was on my account but they were never able to send me a confirmation.

tangey Sep 12, 2018 5:36 am

Originally Posted by hindolio (Post 30192723)
Called in yesterday and the customer service rep initially was not aware of any Platinum or Gold Challenge. After a brief hold, she found information and stated the Platinum Challenge as:
  • 16 nights
  • Award stays count
  • No status during challenge
  • Challenge starts immediately and includes the remainder of month of sign-up plus 3 months
No email of terms and conditions available but she stated the challenge shows on my account (although I am unable to see it). Anyone with experience in going backtracking challenges after completion?

I'm guessing 10 nights from a meeting event would not qualify ?

tygran37 Sep 13, 2018 9:26 am

Here's the full Platinum terms. Gold terms are basically the same except 8 nights vs 16.

Platinum Elite Status Challenge Terms & Conditions:

- This promotion is for existing members of the Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and SPG members
- Registration is required
- Existing Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and SPG members with base membership, Silver Elite or Gold Elite status are eligible for this promotion; members at Platinum Elite tier are ineligible for this offer.
- Upon making 16 qualifying paid nights within 90 days of date of registration, participant will receive Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards or SPG Platinum Elite status for up to one year, based on their loyalty program affiliation. After the first year, Platinum Elite status will be retained by staying the required number of qualifying nights under the terms of the Marriott Rewards, The RitzCarlton Rewards and the SPG programs.
- If member does not make 16 qualifying paid nights within 90 days of their date of registration, member will be changed to the membership level which corresponds to number of nights stayed: Member tier for 0-9 nights stayed, Silver Elite tier for 10- 24 nights stayed and Gold Elite tier for 25 – 49 nights stayed.
- Nights stayed prior to enrollment are not eligible for this offer.
- A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
Credit toward this promotion is given for night stays with participating Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and SPG hotels which occur within the earning period.
- For a list of current Rewards participating brands, visit http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/earn/hotels.mi
- For a list of current SPG participating brands, visit https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...categoryId=bra nd.ourBrands
- Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton® , will count toward achievement. - Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member's nights.
- Nights spent while redeeming an award are eligible for credit toward this promotion.
- Marriott Vacation Club owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit. CEC Status Challenge Offers Terms & Conditions 3
- Elite benefits vary by brands and based on availability.
- Offer is non-transferable. Offer is valid for one-time use. This promotion is subject to modification, cancellation, or limitation at Marriott’s discretion, with or without notice.
A member can only register for this promotion once between September 1, 2018 and December 31, 2021.

vtgambler Sep 13, 2018 3:19 pm

Just registered for this. The CSR was familiar with it. She did tell me that SPG and Marriott accounts had to be combined to participate and she did that for me while I was on the phone. I logged in a few hours later and the merged points and information seem to be correct.

SP03 Sep 13, 2018 3:38 pm

So the term states that it has to be “qualifying paid” nights and not just qualifying nights?

jdseo327 Sep 14, 2018 1:04 pm

I'm thinking about doing the Marriott status challenge (16 nights in 3 months for Platinum). Questions...

1) If I start the challenge now and get my 16 nights by Nov. 2018, when would my Plat status expire?
2) If I start the challenge in Jan and get my 16 nights by Feb. or March 2019, when would my Plat status expire?

Thanks!

lexdevil Sep 14, 2018 3:14 pm

Trying to sign up my new assistant and the Plat line keeps telling me he is not eligible for the challenge because he does not have Silver status yet. Been told this twice by the same person (how often does HUACA the next day get the same person?).

I asked for a supervisor. 10 minutes later she said she could do it, but could not activate it until September 30. We have a trip starting on the 21st, so I pushed. First she said she could not start it earlier. Then she said she could start it on the 23rd (our last night), and then she said she could "back date" it to the 21st.

What on earth is going on here?! Has anyone else heard anything like this?

ezak Sep 14, 2018 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by SP03 (Post 30200971)
So the term states that it has to be “qualifying paid” nights and not just qualifying nights?

Note the line towards the end: "Nights spent while redeeming an award are eligible for credit toward this promotion."