Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Birthday elite night credit post merger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Birthday elite night credit post merger

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Originally Posted by swag
No line item under activity, but I can only assume this is my birthday night. My birthday was about 8 weeks ago.
Did you receive a birthday email?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Oh wow. Thanks. Just checked and mine finally showed up.

My birthday was before the 8/18 merge, received the email, but the night credit never showed in account. Didn’t pursue it as I didn’t need it for status (LTPP and current year Ambassador). Happy to see Marriott’s effort at reconciling accounts seems to be occurring without prompt.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Still nothing for me. Did you email/phone/etc or was this just automatic?
Originally Posted by GregWTravels
Did you receive a birthday email?
I clicked through to claim the night back when I got the original email (which was sent a day after my birthday). I took no action after that.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by swag
I clicked through to claim the night back when I got the original email (which was sent a day after my birthday). I took no action after that.
i didnt get the e-mail this year. my bday was post merger, way after aug 18th date. meaning, i should have gotten the email but there seems to be some glitch. i called during the holidays. thats the best time. everyone is so busy, nobody holds up the phone lines. i got connected ASAP and they put in a ticket. got fixed in 2-3 days. i couldnt believe how easy and fast that was.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
i didnt get the e-mail this year. my bday was post merger, way after aug 18th date. meaning, i should have gotten the email but there seems to be some glitch. i called during the holidays. thats the best time. everyone is so busy, nobody holds up the phone lines. i got connected ASAP and they put in a ticket. got fixed in 2-3 days. i couldnt believe how easy and fast that was.
I haven't received this e-mail yet and my birthday is coming up this week so I'm wondering if I should call in to have it proactively credited as I'm 1 nights away from requalifying for Platinum Premier.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I haven't received this e-mail yet and my birthday is coming up this week so I'm wondering if I should call in to have it proactively credited as I'm 1 nights away from requalifying for Platinum Premier.
Good luck. My birthday was a few days after 18 Aug merger. Surprisingly I didn't get email this year, despite getting it in previous years. I am also now 1 night away from PP qualification. I have emailed, tweeted, called, emailed again, called again - all in vain. It's basically impossible to get the birthday night to post if it didn't post automatically.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
you need to call. birthday emails are sent out exactly on your birthday. it was for me anyway. so just call since you are only one night away. of course, i seriously dont think all is lost if you do it next year. you will probably fight for it, but they can always retro and reinstate and update etc.

Good luck. My birthday was a few days after 18 Aug merger. Surprisingly I didn't get email this year, despite getting it in previous years. I am also now 1 night away from PP qualification. I have emailed, tweeted, called, emailed again, called again - all in vain. It's basically impossible to get the birthday night to post if it didn't post automatically.
yea. probably means i was lucky and its YMMV. make sure you call again.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 1:13 pm

yea. probably means i was lucky and its YMMV. make sure you call again.
And again and again and again, I've probably tied up 6+ hours of mine and Marriott's CS reps time to try to get that Elite birthday night credit to post.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:01 am

And again and again and again, I've probably tied up 6+ hours of mine and Marriott's CS reps time to try to get that Elite birthday night credit to post.
at this stage, i am totally curious as to what number you are using and who you are calling. i see that you are plat and pretty much PP. so service should be quick for you during this slow holiday season. i have been getting through with less than 5 min wait time. but while marriott isnt perfect and ive had plenty of issues, getting just one night promo credit should not be so hard.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
My Elite night had not posted (birthday 21 December). I rang the UK number this morning, Elite night is now in my account this afternoon.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:14 am

at this stage, i am totally curious as to what number you are using and who you are calling. i see that you are plat and pretty much PP. so service should be quick for you during this slow holiday season. i have been getting through with less than 5 min wait time. but while marriott isnt perfect and ive had plenty of issues, getting just one night promo credit should not be so hard.
Marriott Rewards CS (+1 801 468 4000) I will try for another hour today I guess, I get through straight away, they just dont know what Im talking about. Then again at this point it's probably just easier to book 1 more night to get to 75 nights. Still it's a pretty bad indictment that its so endlessly frustrating to get this fixed. I got the email and credit previous years but not this year...
Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Marriott Rewards CS (+1 801 468 4000) I will try for another hour today I guess, I get through straight away, they just dont know what Im talking about.
Go to the account screen in the app and scroll down to the bottom. You should see a toll free number (866-xxx-xxxx for me) at the bottom. I've had a devil of a time trying to find it on the website since the redesign.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Go to the account screen in the app and scroll down to the bottom. You should see a toll free number (866-xxx-xxxx for me) at the bottom. I've had a devil of a time trying to find it on the website since the redesign.
Marriott Rewards CS (+1 801 468 4000) I will try for another hour today I guess, I get through straight away, they just dont know what Im talking about. Then again at this point it's probably just easier to book 1 more night to get to 75 nights. Still it's a pretty bad indictment that its so endlessly frustrating to get this fixed. I got the email and credit previous years but not this year...
dont call that number. like rustykettel said, go to your marriott app. look around and you will see plat support number. call that.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:45 pm

dont call that number. like rustykettel said, go to your marriott app. look around and you will see plat support number. call that.
I get a 1800-3xx-xxxx number in my App. The agent was def more knowledgable, she put a work queue request in, she said my night will post, but possibly only next week. I don't want to risk it, I will just have to book a night somewhere for ~$100 if it doesn't post in the next day or so.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Wembleygal
My Elite night had not posted (birthday 21 December). I rang the UK number this morning, Elite night is now in my account this afternoon.
Thank you for that tip! My birthday was back in Oct. I received nothing so contacted Marriott on Oct 31. I got an email back:

I am sorry for any delay regarding error in your Marriott Rewards Account.. This has been sent to Marriott Rewards to correct. They should have it corrected within Three to five business days.
Yeah, sure. Never posted. Anyhow, worked out well since I haven't combined my accounts yet and I decided I'd rather have the credit in my SPG account rather than my Marriott account. Credit already posted!
Wembleygal likes this.

Last edited by margarita girl; Dec 28, 2018 at 8:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.