Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Anaheim lounge/breakfast

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Marriott Anaheim lounge/breakfast

Does anyone have advice for getting lounge access for a 5 night paid stay at Marriott Anaheim. I am Gold Elite, was Plat before merger. I'm hoping to get complimentary breakfast for my family of 4.

Thanks
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
5 nights X 4 people = 20 free breakfasts seems like a pretty big ask.

However, I'm confused how you could have been Plat before the merger but were downgraded to Gold in August:

SPG Plat > newPlat

SPG Gold > newGold

MR Gold > newPlat

MR Plat > newPP
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Honestly, I'm not sure. I checked my status a few weeks ago and was Platinum. I'm now Gold. I have read other reports that there was a glitch that caused a false Plat for some during the transition. I have not stayed with Marriott for a while, so I had not kept track of my status.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How many Marriott nights in 2017?

How many Marriott nights in 2018?

How many Starwood legacy hotel nights (only) in 2018?

Any night credits from meetings and credit cards, any status matches/challenges, any regular AmEx Plat or Centurion charge cards?

It *should* be pretty easy to determine what your status *should* be.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:32 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It *should* be pretty easy to determine what your status *should* be.
I didn't take it that the OP was questioning whether their current status of Gold was correct or not. They were questioning whether as a Gold elite under the new merged program, is there any chance or way they could get a complimentary breakfast.

I as far as I know, the answer, per the T&Cs, is no, you shouldn't get free breakfast. What I might do is check to see what the cost would be to upgrade your room to the CL. If it is reasonable, that might be a cheaper option. Otherwise, you can ask for a CL upgrade when you check-in and maybe you will get lucky and get a free upgrade. Gold elites are still entitled to upgrades and an upgrade to CL room is a fairly common at a lot of US Marriotts.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:47 pm

OP was Plat (in what program and how earned, when?) before the merger but claims to be only Gold now. This would normally be impossible AFAIK, so I'm wondering whether the problem is that the website is simply showing the incorrect current status.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks to you both. I am certainly Gold only at this point. I believe I happened to check during the transition glitch that others have talked about when it falsely showed me as Plat. I will cross my fingers for a lounge upgrade, but not hold my breath. Thank you.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
5 nights X 4 people = 20 free breakfasts seems like a pretty big ask.
Not in my opinion - a very reasonable request when he thought he was plat
However now that I know he is the new fools gold - of course its way less likely to happen and would get less sympathy from me compared to if he were plat

However, I'm confused how you could have been Plat before the merger but were downgraded to Gold in August:

SPG Plat > newPlat

SPG Gold > newGold

MR Gold > newPlat

MR Plat > newPP
new gold = fools gold > maybe they should just rename the new MR Gold as MR Pyrite

I too was confused as how one could not know if he was gold or plat but did not consider the "glitch"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.