Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

What to do about branded credit cards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG

Forgive or re-direct/align if this is already here somewhere, but I didn't see anything in the fora so far.

With the Starriott merger now done, I find myself in the position of having potentially 3 membership account #s (old SPG, old Marriott, new combined).
I also have an SPG Amex pointing at the old SPG # and a Marriott Visa pointing at the old Marriott #.
A tad concerned points/spend from CC spend going to get garbled a bit.

Anyone have any insight or advice as to what, if anything, needs be done?
Do I (and others) need to go into the cards and change the account # to which they line up?
Is there any appreciable benefit to having both cards, or should I kill one or the other?

Last edited by KevinS; Aug 29, 2018 at 11:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.