Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Positive upgrade stories post acquisition! :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Positive upgrade stories post acquisition! :)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Smile Positive upgrade stories post acquisition! :)

Hey everyone,

Ive seen many threads with mixed reviews, so I wanted to share two recent stays from this past week and hear other stories as well.
I am a lifetime platinum premier with 917 nights total and 8 yrs platinum.

#1 :
2 nights paid at the AC Hotel Atocha in Madrid - August 25th check in date.
Offered €8 per day per person or bonus Pts. Since I am with my wife on vacation, I took the hotel credit and we used it for drinks at the bar. We also received a room upgrade to a larger suite-like room with a large walk out terrace

Today we checked in the Westin Valencia Spain and so far so good! Received an upgrade to a junior suite while using points might I add. We accepted the free breakfast per day as well

With both stays during mobile check in, I received an alert on my phone saying the room was ready as well as a note saying I had a room upgrade. Platinum premier status acknowledged as well.

So so far as a platinum premier member, I am liking the changes.

We we head to Ibiza Thursday but the one spg hotel was WAY to many pts per night for my liking so we chose a boutique hotel not attached to a brand.

Anymore upgrade stories to share? :-)

PS. For personal stays I usually contact Marriott/spg via twitter to get the hotel email address and then I email them in advance to inquire about “hotel specific benefits”. My upgrade success ratio is very high. Does anyone else do that?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
I haven’t been as fortunate. Checked into the Westin in Philadelphia. Handed a platinum premier key, but not offered my PAG. Had to go back down and ask for breakfast coupon. Not upgraded to any larger room, nor a view.

le Meridien in Philly upgraded me to a room with a view and were really excited to have me as a PP. manager even came over and introduced himself (nice touch). The FD clerk fully admitted they didn’t upgrade me to a suit as they have a lot of returning/frequent PP members and those are set aside for them. I can appreciate that and can also appreciate the open honesty.

ill be staying the Le Meridien quite often, so we shall see.

Havind said that SPG has been very good to be pre-merger and I expect them to come back around. I’m staying very optimistic about all this moving forward.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Chewie
I haven’t been as fortunate. Checked into the Westin in Philadelphia. Handed a platinum premier key, but not offered my PAG. Had to go back down and ask for breakfast coupon. Not upgraded to any larger room, nor a view.

le Meridien in Philly upgraded me to a room with a view and were really excited to have me as a PP. manager even came over and introduced himself (nice touch). The FD clerk fully admitted they didn’t upgrade me to a suit as they have a lot of returning/frequent PP members and those are set aside for them. I can appreciate that and can also appreciate the open honesty.

ill be staying the Le Meridien quite often, so we shall see.

Havind said that SPG has been very good to be pre-merger and I expect them to come back around. I’m staying very optimistic about all this moving forward.
thanka for the feedback.

At the Philadelphia Westin hotel, did you ask for the upgrade when you checked in?
i ask that because you stated about that they didn’t give you the PAG but then came back down later.

I seriously just ask everytime...no shame at all. :-)
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

What I received at the Westin Valencia.

Also the twitter idea to get emails to contact in advance. Literally takes 5 mins as Marriott and spg respond super fast.
Please try that method.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
I was acknowledged as a PPE at the Sheraton Grand LA last week but no room upgrade (unless a high floor counts).

Thursday night last week I stayed at the Westin Charlotte, and was told the hotel has no way of knowing who is PE and who is PPE; it just shows “plat” in their system. Again no room upgrade (actually had a kind of crummy room).

Howver, tonight I’m in a beautiful corner room on the 40th floor of the Hotel Beaux Arts in Miami.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by acrophobia
Howver, tonight I’m in a beautiful corner room on the 40th floor of the Hotel Beaux Arts in Miami.
So...

No acrophobia??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.