Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Cancelled a SPG reservation but points are gone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold ex DM, Marriott and Hilton Gold

Has anyone experienced where they cancelled a SPG reservation made prior to merger with points... I used 12,000 x 2 = 24,000 Starpoints. The reservation was showing in my post merger SPG account showing 72000 points used. I cancelled the reservation and the reservation was cancelled but the points just disappeared. I tried logging out and logging back in and it's just gone. POOF....

any experiences?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by xxdboixx
Has anyone experienced where they cancelled a SPG reservation made prior to merger with points... I used 12,000 x 2 = 24,000 Starpoints. The reservation was showing in my post merger SPG account showing 72000 points used. I cancelled the reservation and the reservation was cancelled but the points just disappeared. I tried logging out and logging back in and it's just gone. POOF....

any experiences?
Yes, others are having the same problem. There are a few threads about this. Here's one:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...und-delay.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.