Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Experience with stays posting after Aug 18th merge date

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experience with stays posting after Aug 18th merge date

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: UA: 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Platinum IHG. Diamond: Hilton. Silver: Delta & Hyatt
It just goes from Bad to Worse

I have not bothered to combine yet as too much is missing from legacy accounts. SPG stays 8/18-8/20 not posted yet and MR stays 8/20-8/22 in USA not posted yet. Currently enjoying a nice SPG Cat 1 Reservation in Marrakech Morocco that is going great. All the marketing material in the hotel is still SPG and we were welcomed as SPG Platinum members!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:11 am

Two days ago my RC award stay checking-out on 8/20 posted correctly to my MR account and, according to new T&Cs, I earned a whole bunch of points on incidentals.

My 8/20 to 8/24 stay at a StR posted today to my SPG account. The points and the nights are there (and they are correct), yet the stay is still not showing up on the activity log.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
I’m still not seeing points, $ credit, nights credits, or Account Activity for any post-8/18 SPG stays (3 nights in total).
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Nothing since 8/16 has posted for me. Super annoyed.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by forecheck
Has anyone used the app to check out and gotten the final bill emailed to you? I have had 2 stays post Aug 18 and both times used the app to check out and had the option to email the bill to me checked, and never received it, so at this point, I don't have any record of the stays.
We are completing our 4th post 8/18 stay this morning. The first one (8/18-8/20) has posted and we even got the 75% points bonus. The other 3 have yet to post points and nights, but we have gotten efolios for them.

We had a stay 8/17-8/18 that has also posted.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold
Had stays starting on 8/19 and then more stays the week after. Nothing has posted yet. I did merge my accounts and I made 1 reward booking which does show correctly and my reservations are all showing.

I'm just going to give it time. I just want to be able to select my 50 night and 75 night awards!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Michilander
We are completing our 4th post 8/18 stay this morning. The first one (8/18-8/20) has posted and we even got the 75% points bonus. The other 3 have yet to post points and nights, but we have gotten efolios for them.

We had a stay 8/17-8/18 that has also posted.
Stay for 24-25 Aug posted this afternoon.

Unfortunately, my wife's 7 existing reservations also went missing this afternoon.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
No Marriott stays using my Marriott # have posted for me yet Aug 21-23 and Aug 23-24.

Still waiting for the multiple redemption points taken out of my account to be put back in. Promised by hotel and rewards desk that it would be fixed by Monday (today).

Still have canceled award resveration points that haven’t been redeposited as well.

Just got an email from Marriott saying I haven’t merged my accounts yet??!! My accounts are already merged.
Do we all have to merge them again???
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Bigshaker
Just got an email from Marriott saying I haven’t merged my accounts yet??!! My accounts are already merged.
If you are talking about something you did before 8/18, that was linking the accounts. Merging has only been available since some time after 8/18. If you think you merged accounts after 8/18, then you probably did. I merged my accounts and still see a link to merge them when I log in.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:31 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Bigshaker

Depends if you did both steps - pre-August 18 we could only "link" accounts to allow transfer of points between MR/SPG. Post-Aug 18, there's now a "combine" feature, that brings together points, nights, and status benefits together under 1 account. However when I log into my account, everything seems to be correct, so I think everything is fine on my end.

Though it seems that the Marriott IT isn't the most up to date on this...I combined my accounts 2 days ago, and today got an SPG email saying "you've already linked, now combined accounts," even though I already did so. Though when I log in everything seems to be correct, so I think it's all good on my end.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:37 pm

Stay for 24-25 Aug posted this afternoon.

Unfortunately, my wife's 7 existing reservations also went missing this afternoon.
Whew! Wife's reservations are back.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
4 stays in august before merger, on my 3rd stay after.

stay 1 and 2 previously showed up in SPG, disappeared, and came back two days ago. 3 and 4 finally showed up yesterday, and my 1st stay after the merger finally posted today, but the nights did not. Haven't tallied up the points yet, but at least a few of them are missing some MAGC points. Checking into another hotel tonight, booked via 3rd party.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Originally Posted by ryw
Depends if you did both steps - pre-August 18 we could only "link" accounts to allow transfer of points between MR/SPG. Post-Aug 18, there's now a "combine" feature, that brings together points, nights, and status benefits together under 1 account. However when I log into my account, everything seems to be correct, so I think everything is fine on my end.

Though it seems that the Marriott IT isn't the most up to date on this...I combined my accounts 2 days ago, and today got an SPG email saying "you've already linked, now combined accounts," even though I already did so. Though when I log in everything seems to be correct, so I think it's all good on my end.
Yes my accounts were linked just fine before August 18th and then after August 18th I combined my accounts (merged my Accounts) just fine. All night totals, years totals, point totals and stays was correct. Many others getting this same email just now. It’s from Starwood email address not Marriott.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Post 8/18, has anyone tried giving the front desk your new SPG number at check-in? I wonder if that would help avoid this issue.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:48 pm

Whew! Wife's reservations are back.
My iPhone has all the reservations when I see it in the SPG app. But on my Android it only shows SPG stays in the SPG app and Marriot stays in the Marriot app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.