Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reservation shows as "In Progress"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:45 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Reservation shows as "In Progress"

Looking at a reservation for arrival today and instead of the "View" and "Modify" icons, the reservation simply shows "In Progress". What exactly does that mean? It has shown that since 2:00 a.m. today.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Been that way for a while. I've noticed that "in progress" begins when you can no longer cancel, usually 2-3 days before first day of reservation.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
That's normal. Has been showing that for quite some time. Also still shows it after check-out.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Very bad stuff. I seen it even before checkin.
Impossible to check the room assigned and rate.
What a mess. Hope they will fix this because it’s just annoying.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
This was SPG-speak for "your room is likely getting upgraded"

I just saw this in action today, two room upgrade at the Gwen.

Of course, with the new craptacular Marriott IT, unable to see the room type in the app (w/SPG, you could email yourself the rez from the app and it would show the upgraded room type)
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:06 pm

It means you have been pre-checked in by FO
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by frenchft
Very bad stuff. I seen it even before checkin.
Impossible to check the room assigned and rate.
What a mess. Hope they will fix this because it’s just annoying.
I've noticed that as well. If you keep the confirmation email, you can click on the modify link there and it will open the reservation so you can see the details. I've also found that pulling it up by the confirmation number also works - not ideal, but a workaround if you want to check the room/rate and it's already "In Progress"
controller1 and frenchft like this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:15 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by ajwright
I've noticed that as well. If you keep the confirmation email, you can click on the modify link there and it will open the reservation so you can see the details. I've also found that pulling it up by the confirmation number also works - not ideal, but a workaround if you want to check the room/rate and it's already "In Progress"
thanks for the workaround. Good to know.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:15 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
This was SPG-speak for "your room is likely getting upgraded"

I just saw this in action today, two room upgrade at the Gwen.

Of course, with the new craptacular Marriott IT, unable to see the room type in the app (w/SPG, you could email yourself the rez from the app and it would show the upgraded room type)
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier

It means you have been pre-checked in by FO
UA-NYC, I was hoping that was also what it meant after the loyalty programs merged. But NO, I was not upgraded. I'm in my second day of a five-night stay and when I look online the reservation still shows as "In Progress".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.