Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Yet Another New Cancellation Policy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2018, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE

I've noticed on a couple of recent bookings I've made there is a new cancellation policy where the penalty is the entire estimated stay, not just the first night. This is independent of last year's new cancellation policy, where the default cancellation window went to 48 or 72 hours. eg: I just made a reservation at the Imperial Riding School in Vienna. I can cancel for no charge up to 24 hours before arrival, but if I don't the no show penalty is the entire 6 night stay. There is no prepayment, this is just a standard credit card backed reservation.

Cancellation Policy

You may cancel your reservation for no charge until xxx, 2019 (1 day[s] before arrival).

Please note that we will assess a fee of (total for stay) EUR if you must cancel after this deadline. If you have made a prepayment, we will retain all or part of your prepayment. If not, we will charge your credit card. This fee equals your room charge plus tax for all the nights of your reservation
(I couldn't find a thread on this, but maybe this has already been discussed?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.