Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

What are your favorite benefits (as a platinum)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are your favorite benefits (as a platinum)?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Talking

Originally Posted by bhrubin
For me, it's easy:

1. Ambassador status and Ambassador contact--too many Marriott people too often dismiss what having the Ambassador STATUS does to elevate your hotel experiences, let alone whatever your Ambassador can do to make your stays and follow up easier or better)

2. Suite upgrades--when traveling with my husband, there's almost nothing better than getting upgraded to a lovely suite, and often a speciality suite that really makes the stay more special; when traveling alone for work, this is often wasted on me except for certain hotels that know me well, upgrading me to a suite they know has excellent air con or that has blackout shades or less street noise. ALSO, I like my bedroom to be COLD (less than 66 F/19 C), so having a warmer living room for my husband is very helpful!

3. Better VIP treatment throughout hotel stay--this may be because I'm Plat100 Ambassador level, so unsure how this continues via Marriott

4. 4 pm checkout--I use this as much as possible.

5. Your24--I love when I can check in early and still leave at 4 pm. I feel like I get much more value from my stay dollar/points. I hope the new Your24 as an Ambassador only perk means that it gets applied even more often for me.

6. Breakfast--when traveling with my husband, he prefers to dine in the restaurant (or lounge); I always prefer room service, so I don't always get the benefit even where it's offered; but I love the hotels that (rarely) allow me to use room service for this benefit!

7. Lounge--I could care less about a lounge, but my husband loves them.

8. Points bonus--it's nice, but I earn so many points anyway, this isn't a massive draw, though it's nice to convert into air miles to premium class awards!
Your husband sleeps in the living room??
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:27 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by frenchft
Your husband sleeps in the living room??

No, but he sometimes jokes that he might.

He always brings a jacket/sweater and even cashmere when we visit the tropics since he knows I'll have the air con cranked to as low as I can get it in the bedroom (and we compromise on 20-21 C in the living room, depending on the outside temp). Fortunately, I'm a furnace in the bedroom.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
For me, it's easy:

1. Ambassador status and Ambassador contact--too many Marriott people too often dismiss what having the Ambassador STATUS does to elevate your hotel experiences, let alone whatever your Ambassador can do to make your stays and follow up easier or better)

2. Suite upgrades--when traveling with my husband, there's almost nothing better than getting upgraded to a lovely suite, and often a speciality suite that really makes the stay more special; when traveling alone for work, this is often wasted on me except for certain hotels that know me well, upgrading me to a suite they know has excellent air con or that has blackout shades or less street noise. ALSO, I like my bedroom to be COLD (less than 66 F/19 C), so having a warmer living room for my husband is very helpful!

3. Better VIP treatment throughout hotel stay--this may be because I'm Plat100 Ambassador level, so unsure how this continues via Marriott

4. 4 pm checkout--I use this as much as possible.

5. Your24--I love when I can check in early and still leave at 4 pm. I feel like I get much more value from my stay dollar/points. I hope the new Your24 as an Ambassador only perk means that it gets applied even more often for me.

6. Breakfast--when traveling with my husband, he prefers to dine in the restaurant (or lounge); I always prefer room service, so I don't always get the benefit even where it's offered; but I love the hotels that (rarely) allow me to use room service for this benefit!

7. Lounge--I could care less about a lounge, but my husband loves them.

8. Points bonus--it's nice, but I earn so many points anyway, this isn't a massive draw, though it's nice to convert into air miles to premium class awards!

No, but he sometimes jokes that he might.

He always brings a jacket/sweater and even cashmere when we visit the tropics since he knows I'll have the air con cranked to as low as I can get it in the bedroom (and we compromise on 20-21 C in the living room, depending on the outside temp). Fortunately, I'm a furnace in the bedroom.
Got the same issue with my fiancée... She sleeps with 2 duvets and I sleep without any duvet Sometimes she even change the air con temperature and it's the beginning of an argument )))
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Upgrades on vacation.
Breakfast or lounge.
Late checkout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.