Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Definitive answer to getting 2 qualifying years towards lifetime platinum in 2018?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Definitive answer to getting 2 qualifying years towards lifetime platinum in 2018?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver

Marriott has always been clear that in 2018 legacy members can qualify for elite status under old Marriott and old SPG terms. I believe also lurkers confirmed somewhere that by reaching 25 stays/50 nights in legacy SPG properties and 50 nights in legacy Marriott properties separately in 2018, once the activity is merged it would count as two qualifying years towards LTP.

Is there a definitive answer to how combining accounts will impact this ability? If I want to earn two qualifying years towards LTP, do I need to keep the profiles separate or will it still be counted if I combine them?

Perhaps the lurkers could clarify this?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:11 am

I would NOT combine profiles if you are trying to qualify under the legacy programs.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by porkie
Marriott has always been clear that in 2018 legacy members can qualify for elite status under old Marriott and old SPG terms. I believe also lurkers confirmed somewhere that by reaching 25 stays/50 nights in legacy SPG properties and 50 nights in legacy Marriott properties separately in 2018, once the activity is merged it would count as two qualifying years towards LTP.

Is there a definitive answer to how combining accounts will impact this ability? If I want to earn two qualifying years towards LTP, do I need to keep the profiles separate or will it still be counted if I combine them?

Perhaps the lurkers could clarify this?
There is a definitive answer that combining will NOT impact any legacy qualifying on the respective sides of the house.

However - given all the observed IT issues, I know many may not want to tempt fate and combine.

I did Plat years in both this year (have already re-qualified in both), but were I still trying to get to Plat in one or the other (or Gold in MR), I probably wouldn't combine them, just for my own sanity.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
There is a definitive answer that combining will NOT impact any legacy qualifying on the respective sides of the house.

However - given all the observed IT issues, I know many may not want to tempt fate and combine.

I did Plat years in both this year (have already re-qualified in both), but were I still trying to get to Plat in one or the other (or Gold in MR), I probably wouldn't combine them, just for my own sanity.
Thanks, I still didn't qualify in MR (160 nights in SPG), so I will probably keep it uncombined till I reach MR Gold in October. I have just called general ambassador line to ask about it and they told me that combining accounts indeed won't impact ability to reach 2 qualifying years towards LTP.

Still, for sake of my own sanity I'll probably wait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.