Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
As of January 1, 2020 the 10 night credit per meeting has ended. Events will only earn points after Jan 1. Room blocks will still earn night credits per T&C.

Rewarding Events offers points and nights for events/meetings booked at 25 brands of Marriott hotels

Marriott Rewarding Events

Participating brands:
Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, JW Marriott, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, EDITION, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Marriott Vacation Club, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Le Meridian, Westin, The Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Tribute Portfolio, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Four Points by Sheraton, Springhill Suites by Marriott, Protea Hotels by Marriott, Fairfield by Marriott, AC Hotels by Marriott, Aloft, Moxy Hotels, Element

Non-participating brands:
TownePlace Suites, Residence Inn, Marriott Executive Appartments, and Design Hotels

How to Book a Rewarding Event

There is an online interface to get quotes for meetings. Or you can call the sales office of each hotel you are interested in directly for a quote.

Rewarding Events Online Booking

Rewards

2 points per $1 USD or 1 mile per $1 USD spent per qualifying event (base members can earn up to 60,000 points; while Platinum Premier Elite members can earn up to 105,000 points per qualifying event).

Get 10 Elite Qualifying Nights for the first meeting — and achieve Silver Elite status automatically.

Earn one Elite Qualifying Night for every additional 20 room nights booked — up to 20 Elite Qualifying Nights per contract.

Note: Money spent on events reportedly does not count towards the $20,000 spend needed for Ambassador status.

Changes from Old Program

10 elite nights are earned only for the first meeting every year. Previously, it was 10 elite nights per meeting.

FAQ

Do I have to show up? - Maybe. Some people have no-showed at events and still had them post. Others have had no-shows that did not post.

What is a good rate? - Around $100 is considered a good rate for a meeting that lasts an hour or two.

What should I ask for if book a meeting just for the 10 elite nights? - It is recommended to ask for a meeting room for 2 people for 30 minutes or an hour. You can say it is for an interview. No audio/visual or catering is needed, and the meeting time is flexible.

Which hotels have the lowest rates for meetings? - Typically, the lower priced brands like Fairfield, Courtyard, etc., have small meeting rooms that can be less expensive. But it depends on the location.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
Originally Posted by jamesie_version1
Hi,

I'm looking into booking a meeting room to get the over the line for platinum premier. The free night pays for the 50 GBP for a 1h meeting in any case.

I was pretty honest with my reasons for the meeting with the hotel and received the below. Is there any minimum spend requirements? I cant find this in the T&C's.

-----

Unfortunately we are not able to guarantee that you will receive elite nights for this booking as we do not have access to your points information. The 10 elite nights are only awarded for the first qualifying event (which reaches the minimum spend) of the calendar year.

If the meeting room is not used, this will be processed as a no-show which is not eligible to receive points.

I've had this before. I think hotels set policies around what is counted as a meeting, and thus, eligible for the meetings contract, and posting in the GPT, and what is a charge that can be paid for and added to your bill (if you're staying at the hotel). Actually, I've had it at 3 separate hotels. So, individual hotels must set policies.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Ontariotraveller

just did this. Make sure your Marriott rewards number is on the contract!
I received a "Conference Room Agreement" it does have my MR # on it - I have sent the Rewarding Events Link back to the Sales Manager asking for written confirmation that this meets the requirements to receive the outlined benefits waiting for a response.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Tmstewar2
I received a "Conference Room Agreement" it does have my MR # on it - I have sent the Rewarding Events Link back to the Sales Manager asking for written confirmation that this meets the requirements to receive the outlined benefits waiting for a response.
Just a word of caution here, the property does not issue the 10 night credit so they may not even be aware of it. What you should ask them is if they use the Group Posting Tool following the event, that's how MPG will be alerted to issue the nights. Also, I have found most property staff is very limited in their knowledge of the program rules. I once had a FDC congratulate me for finally making Platinum status thinking the annual status was actually a lifetime status. Needless to say she was shocked to learn we had to do 75 nights A YEAR to keep Platinum status (unless you had LTP).
rny321 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Ontariotraveller

just did this. Make sure your Marriott rewards number is on the contract!
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Just a word of caution here, the property does not issue the 10 night credit so they may not even be aware of it. What you should ask them is if they use the Group Posting Tool following the event, that's how MPG will be alerted to issue the nights. Also, I have found most property staff is very limited in their knowledge of the program rules. I once had a FDC congratulate me for finally making Platinum status thinking the annual status was actually a lifetime status. Needless to say she was shocked to learn we had to do 75 nights A YEAR to keep Platinum status (unless you had LTP).

THANK YOU! Will ask that "Group Posting Tool". I just was alerted that I have a new reservation on my account and it just listed as if a typical room reservation - so I am guessing its not completed as a Meeting/Event.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
My meeting was last Friday afternoon, so only three business days. I went through all the steps as provided in this thread. My nights stay and points have already posted (we also stayed two nights at the hotel). When should I get antsy about the Rewarding Events posting?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Old Hickory
My meeting was last Friday afternoon, so only three business days. When should I get antsy about the Rewarding Events posting?
Good luck, mine was a month ago and I am still waiting, despite chasing with the hotel several times and also with Marriott customer service via email and phone calls!
Old Dec 7, 2018, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by wcel
Good luck, mine was a month ago and I am still waiting, despite chasing with the hotel several times and also with Marriott customer service via email and phone calls!
What are they saying? My concern is it not hitting this year.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by Tmstewar2
What are they saying? My concern is it not hitting this year.
They say it has been processed but needs signed off by a manager. Customer services cannot help as it is a hotel issue so it's the hotel I am chasing now. The latest email chase has gone unanswered though.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I'm trying my luck with this tomorrow. Hope everything goes smoothly and nights are posted before the end of the year!

If it takes more time, do you think Marriott will retro my status to account for delayed nights posting?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by mroseman13
The hotel doesn't award the elite night credits, Marriott corp does. As long as they use the Group Posting Tool, you should be fine. No min spend requirement for this type of booking.
Hi. I had a meeting last week at a Fairfield Inn. The contract was called a Meeting Room Agreement. It did not have my Marriott number on it, so I wrote it in under my signature. After my meeting, when I mentioned the Group Posting Tool to the sales manager, with whom I set this up, she had no idea what I was talking about. But she assured me she "posted" my number and mentioned that she noticed I was Gold Elite. It's only been 3 business days, but I think, since she had never heard of the GPT, I should follow up with her on Monday. What should I say to her? I don't know what the GPT is, so it will be difficult to tell her about it. Plus, I don't want to sound like I'm telling her how to do her job but I also don't want to wait around too long.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by musicgal
Hi. I had a meeting last week at a Fairfield Inn. The contract was called a Meeting Room Agreement. It did not have my Marriott number on it, so I wrote it in under my signature. After my meeting, when I mentioned the Group Posting Tool to the sales manager, with whom I set this up, she had no idea what I was talking about. But she assured me she "posted" my number and mentioned that she noticed I was Gold Elite. It's only been 3 business days, but I think, since she had never heard of the GPT, I should follow up with her on Monday. What should I say to her? I don't know what the GPT is, so it will be difficult to tell her about it. Plus, I don't want to sound like I'm telling her how to do her job but I also don't want to wait around too long.
The GPT is a second tool to post meeting type events, the first and most popular posts guest stays. It triggers MPG to issue the 10 nights. If the property has no clue what it is then THEY should contact their MPG support group to find out. Some FTers had luck in reaching out to MR (before MPG) and getting a hold of the group that processes GPT transactions and working through the process.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:34 pm

Would really appreciate help with this. I am Plat Premier with 39 nights (on mattress) for the year; 6 more booked before January 1st. I have 11 nights in January and 20 in May already booked and do not want to lose platinum status (at a minimum).

I would like to do a rewarding event to get me above the 50 night line. The last one I did was in November 2017, and I understand there have been changes since then from perusing this thread.

1) Is there now a minimum spend?
2) Do I need to actually show up now?
3) Any other restrictions I should know? I only intend to do one for 2018.

Last year I was able to negotiate one hour at hotel in a different country for $55, not show up, with the EQNs posting shortly thereafter. I'm wondering whether trying the same will lead to wasting my time and money.

Appreciate the help!!
Old Dec 9, 2018, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nazdoom
Would really appreciate help with this. I am Plat Premier with 39 nights (on mattress) for the year; 6 more booked before January 1st. I have 11 nights in January and 20 in May already booked and do not want to lose platinum status (at a minimum).

I would like to do a rewarding event to get me above the 50 night line. The last one I did was in November 2017, and I understand there have been changes since then from perusing this thread.

1) Is there now a minimum spend?
2) Do I need to actually show up now?
3) Any other restrictions I should know? I only intend to do one for 2018.

Last year I was able to negotiate one hour at hotel in a different country for $55, not show up, with the EQNs posting shortly thereafter. I'm wondering whether trying the same will lead to wasting my time and money.

Appreciate the help!!
Presuming your post was merged with this thread.
Read upthread a page or two and you should be up to date with what's happening.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Probably. I had a late meeting last year that didn't post until Jan of this year, but were backdated to 2017 (for 2018 qualification).
Old Dec 9, 2018, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Presuming your post was merged with this thread.
Read upthread a page or two and you should be up to date with what's happening.
I read 16 pages and my questions weren't answered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.