Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
As of January 1, 2020 the 10 night credit per meeting has ended. Events will only earn points after Jan 1. Room blocks will still earn night credits per T&C.

Rewarding Events offers points and nights for events/meetings booked at 25 brands of Marriott hotels

Marriott Rewarding Events

Participating brands:
Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, JW Marriott, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, EDITION, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Marriott Vacation Club, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Le Meridian, Westin, The Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Tribute Portfolio, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Four Points by Sheraton, Springhill Suites by Marriott, Protea Hotels by Marriott, Fairfield by Marriott, AC Hotels by Marriott, Aloft, Moxy Hotels, Element

Non-participating brands:
TownePlace Suites, Residence Inn, Marriott Executive Appartments, and Design Hotels

How to Book a Rewarding Event

There is an online interface to get quotes for meetings. Or you can call the sales office of each hotel you are interested in directly for a quote.

Rewarding Events Online Booking

Rewards

2 points per $1 USD or 1 mile per $1 USD spent per qualifying event (base members can earn up to 60,000 points; while Platinum Premier Elite members can earn up to 105,000 points per qualifying event).

Get 10 Elite Qualifying Nights for the first meeting — and achieve Silver Elite status automatically.

Earn one Elite Qualifying Night for every additional 20 room nights booked — up to 20 Elite Qualifying Nights per contract.

Note: Money spent on events reportedly does not count towards the $20,000 spend needed for Ambassador status.

Changes from Old Program

10 elite nights are earned only for the first meeting every year. Previously, it was 10 elite nights per meeting.

FAQ

Do I have to show up? - Maybe. Some people have no-showed at events and still had them post. Others have had no-shows that did not post.

What is a good rate? - Around $100 is considered a good rate for a meeting that lasts an hour or two.

What should I ask for if book a meeting just for the 10 elite nights? - It is recommended to ask for a meeting room for 2 people for 30 minutes or an hour. You can say it is for an interview. No audio/visual or catering is needed, and the meeting time is flexible.

Which hotels have the lowest rates for meetings? - Typically, the lower priced brands like Fairfield, Courtyard, etc., have small meeting rooms that can be less expensive. But it depends on the location.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Just incase you haven't noticed, it's now a new day dealing with MR. Just because something worked months ago does not mean it will work now. MR has put some teeth into the T&Cs stating accounts can be closed when they determine fraud is happening. Now, just like no credit for no shows, empty meetings are discouraged. Once they get the properties retrained we will see this enforced more and more. I suggest making these events look and feel like valid events as much as possible. I don't believe there has to be a huge attendance. I don't believe there is a need for the member to actually show up, but arranging for someone to be there won't hurt. Currently there is no limit to how long the event needs to last, so a simple one hour booking should still count. I do believe the biggest issue is getting the property to use the GPT to post the event so MR is notified the event occurred and post the 10 nights. I also hope they rethink limiting this to a single event (a year?). Maybe if their bookings drop they will take time to reconsider.
I'm really surprised they haven't just set a minimum price or duration on meetings to qualify. Even simply raising the minimum to $100 will price out at least 90% of the people who use it solely for "free nights".
Old Nov 6, 2018, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Zelucifer
I'm really surprised they haven't just set a minimum price or duration on meetings to qualify. Even simply raising the minimum to $100 will price out at least 90% of the people who use it solely for "free nights".
This was a program introduced when travel was weak and looking for ways to keep members tuned to MR, and it worked. Now that travel spend is better they don't need to be as generous and honestly being a bit deceptive trying to convince members they are still the best program. MR wiggle speak takes some training to sort out. FT is a great help there.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
You get 10 nights for your first "event" under the new Rewarding Events but from there out you do not get any nights if your event doesn't have a rooming component to it.
Actually, if you already got 10 nights (or more) before 18 Aug (under the old Rewarding Events), then you can't get 10 nights again this year (under the new Reward Events), right? If so, it's not quite as simple as you stated.

I think maybe: You get 10 nights for your first "event" of the year under the new Rewarding Events.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Actually, if you already got 10 nights (or more) before 18 Aug (under the old Rewarding Events), then you can't get 10 nights again this year (under the new Reward Events), right? If so, it's not quite as simple as you stated.

I think maybe: You get 10 nights for your first "event" of the year under the new Rewarding Events.
This seems to be the rule that we've reverse engineered from reports here of events getting or not getting the ten nights credit, but it's certainly not clear in the T&C. However, for all we know there could be further nuances involving, for instance, people getting credit for one additional meeting after combining acccounts. Or maybe Starriott IT is simply random in how it applies various "rules."
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Do the 10 EQN from a meeting also count towards Lifetime status?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by airoli
Do the 10 EQN from a meeting also count towards Lifetime status?
Yes
airoli likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:38 am

Held a valid meeting this AM. In the middle of the meeting, received an email with the following:
TOTAL EARNED & PURCHASED POINTS: 450ELITE QUALIFYING NIGHTS: 10.00
Looked in my account, and the points and nights were already there.
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by N1Flyer
Held a valid meeting this AM. In the middle of the meeting, received an email with the following:
Now that's a proactive property! Many report having to wait days to get them to post the meeting and get the nights. Care to share the name of the property? Those that have not yet booked an RE meeting might like to know.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by N1Flyer
Awesome. And yet I'm a month and 3 days out and nothing. Grrrr.....
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Titanium
I just set up a 1 hour, $100 event through the rewarding events website for a meeting tomorrow. I signed everything online through the website. Do i need to do anything else, other than showing up, to ensure the 10 nights? The hotel is 5-min from my house, so i'll just swing by for a bit.. thanks.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:21 am

Sorry I haven’t really followed lately, but will I still receive 10 nights if i book a meeting before end of year, even though I earned Nights for my meetings before the change?
I know going forward new terms are only once a year, but thought I might be able to get 1 in for this post merger year.

Thanks.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mighty_Bluff
I just set up a 1 hour, $100 event through the rewarding events website for a meeting tomorrow. I signed everything online through the website. Do i need to do anything else, other than showing up, to ensure the 10 nights? The hotel is 5-min from my house, so i'll just swing by for a bit.. thanks.
Just make sure your account number is included with the "contract" and it would be wise to ask when your show up that the property knows about the Group Posting Tool and how to use it. This is the trigger to MPG to post the nights.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Sorry I haven’t really followed lately, but will I still receive 10 nights if i book a meeting before end of year, even though I earned Nights for my meetings before the change?
I know going forward new terms are only once a year, but thought I might be able to get 1 in for this post merger year.

Thanks.
Several postings are pointing to no, if you've had ANY RE event this year then you will not earn the 10 nights on any meetings the rest of the year. There are rumors that MPG is going to reverse themselves on the one-a-year limit but I doubt it will be retroactive. But then we are talking Marriott and anything can happen.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:41 am

Several postings are pointing to no, if you've had ANY RE event this year then you will not earn the 10 nights on any meetings the rest of the year. There are rumors that MPG is going to reverse themselves on the one-a-year limit but I doubt it will be retroactive. But then we are talking Marriott and anything can happen.
Thanks.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Why would Starriott reverse themselves and make it possible to earn 10 nights credit many times for these $75 fake meetings? This is reminding me of the decision to capitulate and change the rules to make everyone and their dog LTPP in January.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.