Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
As of January 1, 2020 the 10 night credit per meeting has ended. Events will only earn points after Jan 1. Room blocks will still earn night credits per T&C.

Rewarding Events offers points and nights for events/meetings booked at 25 brands of Marriott hotels

Marriott Rewarding Events

Participating brands:
Ritz Carlton, St. Regis, JW Marriott, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, EDITION, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton, Marriott Vacation Club, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Le Meridian, Westin, The Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Tribute Portfolio, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Four Points by Sheraton, Springhill Suites by Marriott, Protea Hotels by Marriott, Fairfield by Marriott, AC Hotels by Marriott, Aloft, Moxy Hotels, Element

Non-participating brands:
TownePlace Suites, Residence Inn, Marriott Executive Appartments, and Design Hotels

How to Book a Rewarding Event

There is an online interface to get quotes for meetings. Or you can call the sales office of each hotel you are interested in directly for a quote.

Rewarding Events Online Booking

Rewards

2 points per $1 USD or 1 mile per $1 USD spent per qualifying event (base members can earn up to 60,000 points; while Platinum Premier Elite members can earn up to 105,000 points per qualifying event).

Get 10 Elite Qualifying Nights for the first meeting — and achieve Silver Elite status automatically.

Earn one Elite Qualifying Night for every additional 20 room nights booked — up to 20 Elite Qualifying Nights per contract.

Note: Money spent on events reportedly does not count towards the $20,000 spend needed for Ambassador status.

Changes from Old Program

10 elite nights are earned only for the first meeting every year. Previously, it was 10 elite nights per meeting.

FAQ

Do I have to show up? - Maybe. Some people have no-showed at events and still had them post. Others have had no-shows that did not post.

What is a good rate? - Around $100 is considered a good rate for a meeting that lasts an hour or two.

What should I ask for if book a meeting just for the 10 elite nights? - It is recommended to ask for a meeting room for 2 people for 30 minutes or an hour. You can say it is for an interview. No audio/visual or catering is needed, and the meeting time is flexible.

Which hotels have the lowest rates for meetings? - Typically, the lower priced brands like Fairfield, Courtyard, etc., have small meeting rooms that can be less expensive. But it depends on the location.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by turin39789
Do I actually need to show up with guests or just go sit there myself? I've offered that my dates are flexible if that saves, but so far no dice.
I didn't show up at all for any of the 6 meetings I booked and everything still posted correctly.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by scotty00
I didn't show up at all for any of the 6 meetings I booked and everything still posted correctly.
Just incase you haven't noticed, it's now a new day dealing with MR. Just because something worked months ago does not mean it will work now. MR has put some teeth into the T&Cs stating accounts can be closed when they determine fraud is happening. Now, just like no credit for no shows, empty meetings are discouraged. Once they get the properties retrained we will see this enforced more and more. I suggest making these events look and feel like valid events as much as possible. I don't believe there has to be a huge attendance. I don't believe there is a need for the member to actually show up, but arranging for someone to be there won't hurt. Currently there is no limit to how long the event needs to last, so a simple one hour booking should still count. I do believe the biggest issue is getting the property to use the GPT to post the event so MR is notified the event occurred and post the 10 nights. I also hope they rethink limiting this to a single event (a year?). Maybe if their bookings drop they will take time to reconsider.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:06 pm

Does anyone here know if the FREE NIGHT certificate will count towards elite night to qualify for plat? I still have 2 free nights left.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by musicscrip
Does anyone here know if the FREE NIGHT certificate will count towards elite night to qualify for plat? I still have 2 free nights left.
Yes, free night certificates will count towards status. However, they won't count towards any promotion.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
OK, I had a "Rewarding Event" for my tennis trip at the Fairfield Inn Fort Wayne from 10/4-10/7. There were a minimum of 24 nights and maybe up to 30 across 8-10 reservations. So it was a legit event and booking. I signed a contract. I submitted the proposal through Rewarding Events. It has been a month now and no EQN. There is a vague 5K posting of points from the property but I highly doubt that my points from the event earned an even 5K. The hotel sales rep said the points / EQN's were posted on 10/17, which is the day the 5K posted. No EQN's. I am at ~ 730 lifetime nights and want Lifetime PP before that expires on 12/31. I've been in contact with an ambassador for the last 2 weeks about it and have repeatedly emailed the hotel. Nothing. Any advise on what to do?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by bergamini
OK, I had a "Rewarding Event" for my tennis trip at the Fairfield Inn Fort Wayne from 10/4-10/7. There were a minimum of 24 nights and maybe up to 30 across 8-10 reservations. So it was a legit event and booking. I signed a contract. I submitted the proposal through Rewarding Events. It has been a month now and no EQN. There is a vague 5K posting of points from the property but I highly doubt that my points from the event earned an even 5K. The hotel sales rep said the points / EQN's were posted on 10/17, which is the day the 5K posted. No EQN's. I am at ~ 730 lifetime nights and want Lifetime PP before that expires on 12/31. I've been in contact with an ambassador for the last 2 weeks about it and have repeatedly emailed the hotel. Nothing. Any advise on what to do?
My guess is the hotel posted the points like they would post a service recovery and din't actually post the event using the posting tool.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Was it just a bunch of room reservations that you arranged negotiated or did you also book a meeting room or some banquet meal for your group?

Also, did you do any previous rewarding events (or something similar) this year?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Was it just a bunch of room reservations that you arranged negotiated or did you also book a meeting room or some banquet meal for your group?

Also, did you do any previous rewarding events (or something similar) this year?
It was 28 room nights across 10 reservations for a group; no meeting space. I could see an opening that the EQN states "meeting" and not sure if this counts as a meeting. The last time I did a Rewarding Event for a tennis team rooms only tournament stay was in 2014, for less room nights, and I did get the 10 EQN. I am aware that I only get one per year. I should get at least 1 EQN for the 20+ room nights but am hoping that when it properly posts I will get the 10 EQN's instead. If not then since I didn't get it here, I guess I can book a meeting room nearby and work from there for a day or something to get the 10 nights if they are strict on the definition of a "meeting" (which I couldn't find). Is that what you were alluding to, that since it was rooms only it doesn't count as a meeting?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It was 28 room nights across 10 reservations for a group; no meeting space. I could see an opening that the EQN states "meeting" and not sure if this counts as a meeting. The last time I did a Rewarding Event for a tennis team rooms only tournament stay was in 2014, for less room nights, and I did get the 10 EQN. I am aware that I only get one per year. I should get at least 1 EQN for the 20+ room nights but am hoping that when it properly posts I will get the 10 EQN's instead. If not then since I didn't get it here, I guess I can book a meeting room nearby and work from there for a day or something to get the 10 nights if they are strict on the definition of a "meeting" (which I couldn't find). Is that what you were alluding to, that since it was rooms only it doesn't count as a meeting?
I've never done rewarding events, but I'd worry that this one counts as your first, even if you just get one night, and doing a later meeting won't give you ten nights as it wouldn't be the first one (with a post merger posting) this year. I've always had the impression that the legacy MR program required a meeting or banquet rather than just a bunch of hotel rooms, but I'm not an expert on that.

However, these days at Starriott there are the legacy MR rules, the legacy SPG rules, the new combined program rules, and what someone just makes up when you talk to them.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I've always had the impression that the legacy MR program required a meeting or banquet rather than just a bunch of hotel rooms, but I'm not an expert on that.
No. You can get points and nights, before and after 8/18, with just rooms. In fact, you can't get any nights after 8/18 for events with only meeting or banquet space and no rooms.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
No. You can get points and nights, before and after 8/18, with just rooms. In fact, you can't get any nights after 8/18 for events with only meeting or banquet space and no rooms.
Huh?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:00 pm

What about the ten nights that folks here are still getting for their "first" $75 one hour meeting without participants?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gunner14
Huh?
What about the ten nights that folks here are still getting for their "first" $75 one hour meeting without participants?
You get 10 nights for your first "event" under the new Rewarding Events but from there out you do not get any nights if your event doesn't have a rooming component to it.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:09 pm

So I definitely should get the EQN and now an Ambassador is involved so hopefully they will post soon! They should want to help themselves because I'll force 10+ nights there that I wasn't going to otherwise if they get this done quickly.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:17 am

You get 10 nights for your first "event" under the new Rewarding Events but from there out you do not get any nights if your event doesn't have a rooming component to it.
Ah ok - would recommend you clarify your statement to read "after the first event"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.