Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Abu Dhabi EDITION [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Abu Dhabi EDITION [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2020, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Thanks for the review. This is my back up for the Grand Prix if W don’t move my booking.
How are you flying to Abu Dhabi?

Had the new dates booked, BA have cancelled my Abu Dhabi flights today looks like for the whole winter season.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 3:36 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by oxfordjames
How are you flying to Abu Dhabi?

Had the new dates booked, BA have cancelled my Abu Dhabi flights today looks like for the whole winter season.
Exactly the same thing happened to me today! I’m going to wait and see what the confirmed dates are, and then maybe book flights to Dubai instead.
oxfordjames likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 3:43 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Any recent stays here?
Old May 12, 2021, 3:49 am

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Duplicate, sorry (bad plane wifi)
Old May 12, 2021, 8:47 pm

Very impressed with the AD Edition team. They upgraded to a standard suite on a stars booking before check-in during EID! Could not have hoped for that. My friend got in the night before and said the breakfast is excellent!

Also, the premier suite runs $50-$100 more but is smaller.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 3:08 pm

This is probably one of the worst hotels I’ve ever visited
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:47 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ramiraw
This is probably one of the worst hotels I’ve ever visited
Care to expand?
WasKnown likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by brokenwindow
Care to expand?
stayed a couple years ago when it was fairly new.

The genius valet left my car to roast in the sun all day in the scorching heat and damaged my car even though I asked to park it in the garage.

Ridiculous from top to bottom...what a joke, what a circus, bunch of clowns! First and last time ever at an edition. Beware at all costs and stay away by any means!

The long check in time was unnecessary. We were so tired. It was incredibly uncomfortable to wait.

They were playing games and lying about suite availability.

Flies infested lobby and atrium!

Very slow Wi-Fi internet!

The views are ugly. The marina is disgusting and all the boats are old. Construction all around.

Terrible steakhouse restaurant called oak room which I could write an entire book about! Definitely don’t order any steaks from here.

Housekeeping always late.

Very noisy, couldn’t sleep.

Mobile key didn’t even activate even though that’s one of the main reasons I chose to stay here.

No cotton slippers as mentioned on website. When I asked them, they said they will have them delivered but nothing came.

Bad smell from shower water. Informed staff but no action.

Bathroom bidet too small, poorly designed.

Didn’t clean room when asked.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 3:29 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
I'm doing a quick three nights in AUH in January, and have preliminarily booked both the RC + EDITION. Similar rates at both. Would love some help choosing which one to keep . Any recent experiences?
Old Apr 5, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: AC 25k, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Epicura
Any updates regarding amenities for elites? Per official policy: no elite breakfast amenity at Edition.
Bumping this question, does this property provide breakfast for elites?
Old Apr 5, 2022, 10:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
Originally Posted by kovy42
Bumping this question, does this property provide breakfast for elites?
it doesnt. Book through an Virtuoso agent and you will get breakfast + $100 credit. You will still get the points / nights credited.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:40 am

Is the breakfast set up still the same since January 2022? When I was there at the start of the year (corporate rate w breakfast included), there was no buffet. You would be seated and provided with a small menu of hot food that you could choose from. The problem was that they had a lot of other options (essentially a full buffet offering) that was not on the menu and you couldn’t help yourself. Had to keep suggesting items with the waiter and he would let me know whether they had it or not. Very strange set up and not at all enjoyable.

More broadly – despite Plat status and booking a paid rate suite, my suite had literally no view of the outside; window was totally covered by plants and shrubbery on the second floor.

Also the location sucks. Luckily I had a car but there doesn’t appear to be much in the area beyond a nice stroll along the marina. Not sure what the value proposition is for this property; I personally can’t see any reason to return.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 8:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Any recent stay reports? Wondering how they treat Titanium elites and if they upgrade…
Old Mar 24, 2023, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Any recent stay reports? Wondering how they treat Titanium elites and if they upgrade…
With only 198 rooms? Ambassador or higher if ever.

David
Old Mar 25, 2023, 12:13 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
I stayed there last year while I was Titanium and they upgraded me from Deluxe Room to Deluxe Room with Marina View (so basically same room just a slightly better view). I will return to the hotel later this year (now as Ambassador), but I do not have high expectations when it comes to upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.