Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Domes Miramare, a Luxury Collection Resort, Corfu Greece [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
If choose breakfast as Plat arrival gift option, it's a full breakfast buffet. The "Living Room" lounge is for those who book Pavillion Suites. Status will not gain you access.
Print Wikipost

Domes Miramare, a Luxury Collection Resort, Corfu Greece [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
BEWARE of the car rental company that the hotel cooperates with!!!

It is named Stars Cars and has a 2.3-star rating on Google, which we only discovered when it was too late. We relied on the hotel, which was a mistake.

When the guy brought the car, he told us, we were "upgraded" to a higher class. While we didn't want an upgrade cause the streets are small and we explicitly decided to go with a smaller car, we were shocked with what he brought. It was a ~10 years old Opel Insignia with 144.000km, scratched and damaged from each angle, dirty, defect motor sign, etc. It is a nightmare!
However, it was late and we needed the car, so after some discussion we accepted soured.

Then the guy tried to rip us 4-times:
1) the price was 50% higher than in the pricelist before, as he calculated the days differently, we managed to clear this and he said "oh, sorry, I was wrong..."
2) When I said we need no insurance as I have full coverage on the credit card, he requested 900€ blocking on the credit card which would be released eventually 2-3 weeks after our rental. This we couldn't negotiate with him. He said he cannot trust a customer. I said I cannot trust him. This is where the discussion ended.
3) the price of the insurance, which he pressed us at 2), was double the real rate, we also managed to clear this and he didn't even comment on it4) he didn't want to mark the damages on the booking form, said he has not enough time for checking the cars damages, but we just marked the whole car around and it was ok for him
An absolute nightmare, I never experienced such a bad rental car service anywhere I've ever been.
yurtripper likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by rota
Update today:
Our dental kits were even older, validity until 2019-08, haha. They promised to replace them but no new ones arrived. Maybe they found out, that they were all old 😄 doesn't matter to us, we are stocked.
​​​​
What a joke. I told the Guest Relations Manager this a month ago and they've done nothing.

Originally Posted by rota
Breakfast seaside was partly a miss. The opaque sunshades outside go straight down and have been closed down to about 1m height during the breakfast. So there is no sea view during breakfast. What a pitty! Ended up sitting inside at the window as it was air conditioned inside, glimpsing through the sunshades.
There's no view because of the direct sun the breakfast area receives. What I found worse is that after a 9-day span breakfast did not change one single bit. It was boring after day 3 and the only thing they rotate are the cooked veggies.
Ontariotraveller likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:04 pm

Finally received the points I was promised. I'll write up a review about my experience and their attempts to fix it in the next few days.

Also, I've heard the cleaning staff at the Domes Miramare is currently on strike. No housekeeping at all. It is such a shame a beautiful hotel has been reduced by management.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Too_Fly1
Finally received the points I was promised. I'll write up a review about my experience and their attempts to fix it in the next few days.

Also, I've heard the cleaning staff at the Domes Miramare is currently on strike. No housekeeping at all. It is such a shame a beautiful hotel has been reduced by management.
I’ll look forward to reading the tale.
We arrive in 2 weeks. It’s alarming about housekeeping, will be watching Tripadvisor reviews to see how they resolve it and what compensation will be given.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 4:04 pm

Bonvoy Titanium. I am at Domes Miramare right now. Got my free breakfast. SNA didn't clear. No room upgrade at check-in. The hotel is full so it's understandable. Looks like they are *a resort* so no guaranteed 4 pm check out. I didn't get any *across a road upgrade offers*, got the room I booked. The room is great. Nice and quiet. Bottle of prosecco and sweets as a welcome gift. I like breakfast a lot. Too_Fly1 is correct there are not so many changes every day but I am happy with the breakfast buffet. There are lots of options available. I visited the new hotel extension across a road. Big pool, concrete everywhere, super hot in the summer months. I would recommend staying in the *old* part of the resort.
New Overall compared with my 2020 visit...
Negative:
wireless *I need a drink* buttons on a beach umbrella are gone.
Room shampoo/ etc switched from Byredo to Elemis which is for me a huge downgrade.

Positive:
Beach/restaurant staff is very friendly, way better than the 2020 crew.
Well, overall I am very happy with the hotel and my stay.
P.S. Regarding the cleaning staff strike... Seems like it was a one-day event. From my understanding, there are recurrent one-day strikes in different Corfu hotels for cleaning staff.. maybe if someone from Greece can clarify it's here it would be great.
drod and Ontariotraveller like this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 11:57 am

Does anyone have an email contact for the hotel?

Thanks
Old Aug 28, 2022, 12:06 pm

I was using
[email protected]
Old Aug 28, 2022, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Foboscan
Bonvoy Titanium. I am at Domes Miramare right now. Got my free breakfast. SNA didn't clear. No room upgrade at check-in. The hotel is full so it's understandable. Looks like they are *a resort* so no guaranteed 4 pm check out. I didn't get any *across a road upgrade offers*, got the room I booked. The room is great. Nice and quiet. Bottle of prosecco and sweets as a welcome gift. I like breakfast a lot. Too_Fly1 is correct there are not so many changes every day but I am happy with the breakfast buffet. There are lots of options available. I visited the new hotel extension across a road. Big pool, concrete everywhere, super hot in the summer months. I would recommend staying in the *old* part of the resort.
New Overall compared with my 2020 visit...
Negative:
wireless *I need a drink* buttons on a beach umbrella are gone.
Room shampoo/ etc switched from Byredo to Elemis which is for me a huge downgrade.

Positive:
Beach/restaurant staff is very friendly, way better than the 2020 crew.
Well, overall I am very happy with the hotel and my stay.
P.S. Regarding the cleaning staff strike... Seems like it was a one-day event. From my understanding, there are recurrent one-day strikes in different Corfu hotels for cleaning staff.. maybe if someone from Greece can clarify it's here it would be great.
This all seems to mirror my current experience compared to 2021. Currently on 2nd day of 14 day stay booked @35K per night before most recent deval. Titanium and received Emerald Sea View overlooking the pool. So far, it really seems like the staff has stepped up from last year. Arrived around 11pm and was offered express check-in (no nonsense with passports or anything) was brought some Prosecco, sandwiches, and sweets. Hardly feels crowded at all considering the addition. Will check-in back in as the stay progresses.

Last edited by infrequentfliermiles; Sep 2, 2022 at 1:50 pm Reason: spelling
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:43 am

Thanks for this report!
We arrive on the evening of September 3rd for 12 nights.
We have requested a room alongside the pool as we enjoyed this location last year.
We booked as well on points before the devaluation, quite a bargain!
Perhaps we will be neighbours there!

Last edited by Ontariotraveller; Aug 29, 2022 at 12:18 pm
Old Sep 10, 2022, 3:06 pm

Does anyone know the price of breakfast?
As I understand there are no benefits as a gold member?
Old Sep 11, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mobilemario
Does anyone know the price of breakfast?
As I understand there are no benefits as a gold member?

You should get breakfast. Confirm on check in , and act like it is a Given !
mobilemario likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 1:07 pm

A follow-up question. Is it worth renting a car?
We don't plan to do a lot during our 5 night stay. Seems there are some walkable restaurants in the area?
Old Sep 19, 2022, 5:46 am

re: breakfast
We just returned and it seemed to me that everyone got breakfast! We always had breakfast on the seaside, not the new restaurant up the hill. I have Titanium status but no one was ever asked for a room number! Assume you get breakfast.
On the Bonvoy website I believe it says breakfast is included in the heading.
The breakfast was great, served 7-11. We ate a later breakfast and didn’t need lunch! They make all sorts of coffee and will give you one to go when to go if you ask when leaving.

Email ahead with your room preferences. Read the recent Tripadvisor reviews to help determine what to ask for.

Eating dinner onsite is sooo expensive. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Definitely have the concierge make a reservation for the Village Taverna, it is worthy of the hype. Nice tavernas and faster food along with sundry shops in the nearby town (10 minute easy walk).

Last edited by Ontariotraveller; Sep 19, 2022 at 5:53 am
Old Sep 24, 2022, 2:00 pm

2023 availability now available

Looks like all dates are now 63,000 (no difference in off peak or peak currently)

​Points range from 49,000 to 57,000 for the rest of 2022 dates

Huge increase from our recent stay at 30,000 points that we booked at the end of last year
Old Sep 26, 2022, 11:24 am

We had a great stay. The property is nice and very relaxing. Breakfast was great -- as commented above -- everyone gets it!

My only issues:
* Pool menu(s). Greece is about great veggie dishes. In that sense, the choice is minimal and expensive.
* Indoor pool. If there's nothing else to do, closing it at 7 PM is a missed opportunity.

Based on the whole experience, I'd still give a rate of 5*
I hoped to return but not at these rates (63000 points).

Marriott's devaluation is enormous. These aspiring redemptions are almost out of reach for someone outside of the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.