Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Customer Service : General Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Customer Service : General Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Schnit
Here is the problem, you go to the Hilton thread and you will see just as many people saying "Vote with your wallet and go to Marriott instead"

People only have maybe 5-6 choices tops for hotel programs in the US. Most don't want to consider Wyndham or Choice, so you are down to Hyatt/Hilton/Marriott/IHG. Most really only want to consider the first 3, and Hyatt has too small of a footprint for many. So people will just keep flip flopping between Hilton and Marriott and nothing will change because every customer they lose they gain a different one.
Great points. And, then are are those who somehow force Hyatt's footprint to work for them (or at least claim they do). I guess that could work for some major US cities and some Asian countries, but I sure know I wouldn't want to restrict myself that much (i.e. I was looking at Barcelona, and the only real Hyatts with benefits (no SLH) were by the airport).
Old Sep 12, 2022, 10:09 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Positive Note

I sent a missing stay request in on Labor Day for the National Gaylord and had an email within 3 hours and stay posted.

Happy here. As good as when I had a personal ambassador.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 6:29 pm

Bumping up this old thread with a question:

What's the best way to get help from Marriott CS, if bonus promo points haven't posted and it's been over 30 days since the stay? In my case, the bonus points are from a special rate, not a targeted promo on my account. I tried sending an email message on the website, but was told to call as they are "unable to assist you further with this type of question via email". Based on my past experiences, I don't really feel like calling. Is there any suggestion on how to get real help? TIA!
Old Oct 15, 2023, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by ezak
Bumping up this old thread with a question:

What's the best way to get help from Marriott CS, if bonus promo points haven't posted and it's been over 30 days since the stay? In my case, the bonus points are from a special rate, not a targeted promo on my account. I tried sending an email message on the website, but was told to call as they are "unable to assist you further with this type of question via email". Based on my past experiences, I don't really feel like calling. Is there any suggestion on how to get real help? TIA!
Hotels manually post points associated with special rates, such as 2K Everyday at Courtyards.

Flag down a Lurker on these forums and have them open a case with the property for you.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by iknowthings
Hotels manually post points associated with special rates, such as 2K Everyday at Courtyards.

Flag down a Lurker on these forums and have them open a case with the property for you.
Points posted as soon as I reached out Marriott Lurker. Thanks for the advice!
SPN Lifer, dc2 and iknowthings like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.