Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Delta Hotels Frankfurt Offenbach - Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Marriott press release today:

Delta Hotels By Marriott Kicks Off European Expansion With First Hotel In Germany Marriott News Center

Excerpt:

"today officially launched Delta Hotels by Marriott Frankfurt Offenbach marking the European debut of the hotel brand. Situated on the left bank of the Main River between Frankfurt city centre and Offenbach, the hotel is within easy reach of the city’s abundant historic and cultural attractions, and a short stroll from the European Central Bank. The hotel’s 223 spacious guestrooms and suites offer a modern take on comfort: elegantly appointed and decorated in calming hues, with floor to ceiling windows that flood the rooms with an abundance of natural light, while affording sweeping views of the city. And, with the needs of the modern traveller in mind, keyless room entry is offered through the Marriot Mobile App. The exceptional waterfront location, combined with excellent transport links,Easily accessible from the airport, landmarks such as such Römerberg, Staedel Museum, and the chic boutiques of Goethestrasse are also close by."

Hotel website. Cat 5. No exec lounge.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...urt-offenbach/

Cheers.
Old May 23, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
It's the former New Century Hotel Frankfurt Offenbach. Although the hotel was built in 1981, it only became a property of New Century Hotel Group (apparently its first hotel outside of China) in July 2016.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Stayed at the Delta Offenbach last week. Was upgraded from a Twin Guest Room to a One Bedroom King Suite, Skyline View. (My best Marriott upgrade YTD.) The suite was well appointed, clean and newly refurbished.
The hotel has no lounge but as a Plat/Tit you'll get a voucher for the full breakfast at Eastside Restaurant, and you can additionally choose btw. 1000 points and welcome amenity.
There are still some Chinese elements left over in the lobby and the restaurant form the former owner. The location of the hotel is somewhat inconvenient when using public transport. You'll better have a car when staying here.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated. I'll also update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 1:19 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Delta Hotels by Marriott Frankfurt Offenbach Review

Delta Hotels by Marriott Frankfurt Offenbach

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Kaiserleistrasse 45 Offenbach am Main, DE 63067

Delta Hotels by Marriott Frankfurt Offenbach Review (26 Photos)

Overall

I had booked this one night stay for two reasons - to try out this brand for the first time (the current Bonvoy promotion supports this) and because this hotel offered me a really good corporate rate during a period of sky high hotel rates in Frankfurt.

I am recommending this hotel with caveats. You should consider a few points before coming, which are further detailed in the sections below:

1. Will the location suit you?

2. Are you okay with the open bathroom plan?

3. Are you okay with the limited and expensive in-house dinner options?

Otherwise this hotel is modern and clean and I can recommend it. I will likely only come again if the price drives me here.

Check In

I arrived around 15:00. I had checked in via app and had requested a mobile key. However this hotel requires that you show a your ID at the desk before they create the key. This kind of defeats the purpose. I even had to sign a form and scan my credit card. It was not a pre-authorization, but an actual payment.

The lady at the front desk had a lot of difficulty understanding me. I am not sure if it was her German language skills or her ability to hear me because of the Corona plexiglass screen. I will give her the benefit of the doubt, but the overall experience struck me as a bit rude.

I was not recognized as a platinum guest, nor was I told about my benefits at this hotel. I was only told about the breakfast hours and given my key.

I later returned and asked about benefits. I was told that I had breakfast included in my rate. And would get 1000 points plus 750 as additional benefits.

0CEBEAE5-581D-4797-9E05-8BAEFCA75B9F.jpeg

The exterior of the hotel.B840D4E0-0CDA-4D64-BA90-3BAD26D50C71.jpeg

The lobby/entrance.E99CFEDE-9523-427B-B5BC-F902C78EF190.jpeg

To the left side of the lobby is the reception.

Room

I had booked the entry level room, but received a Delta Deluxe Room.

85496E6E-B14D-4522-986B-E4E167C004DC.jpeg

Space for the suitcase. The alarm clock has two USB-A charging ports.30F61100-B4AA-43C3-82C7-1967F1023E2D.jpeg

The closet is unsually spacious at the entrance and includes an ironing board and extra bedding.5E71CF41-170A-4053-9628-4B5B47AC5A8B.jpeg

The bed was comfortable. However, I was not able to adjust the room temperature even after reading the thermostat controls. The other side of the bed had two USB-A charging ports.36B3020C-1EC5-4A17-A1A4-E80A2109F416.jpeg

This should be a focused desk with a TV in your face. Overall the room had enough outlets, except at the desk. I had to unplug the tv to have a second outlet.FC070D87-D108-4353-B372-8F234DF320FE.jpeg

I suspect this will be the most controversial feature of this room. The open plan bathroom towards the back of the room. I was alone so had no major issues with it. With a traveling companion I likely would have an issue.C188B5EC-256B-4891-9BFF-A7FCF26FAD8E.jpeg

The shower had good water pressure. The water ran off into the bathroom a little bit, but not excessively so. There were no sustainable shampoo/shower gel bottles available.2AB2C290-220C-482D-BDCE-39A5DBCFFD6A.jpeg

This is probably the room I might not want to use with a travel companion around. :)

AD3C8CB3-1C25-45AF-B529-995623F72F61.jpeg

It was difficult to take a picture of it, but this is the brand of the single-use cosmetics offered.

3FC628BE-118C-4DC1-A707-2DD8F6F2DA33.jpeg

A view of the skyline of Frankfurt and the Main river from the room.

Dining

I had breakfast and dinner at the hotel. 

The breakfast is served daily 6:30-10:00. Dinner is served Monday-Friday 19:00-23:00.

8BFA7450-9ACA-41E4-B986-5FE99718A558.jpeg

The breakfast is in the same room as dinner, expansive and well presented. However, there is no omelette station, so if you are like me who likes well down scrambled eggs, you get to have them a bit soggy. Otherwise everything was fine with the breakfast. I suspect if I had asked they would have cooked some longer for me. The staff was quite friendly. If not included in your rate, it costs 24 EUR.

60ED9E6C-C830-4EFD-8897-A6CE35E481DB.jpeg

95456D91-D251-4E64-8D79-74AFC03C9D8A.jpegEF49D1BB-8107-4EF3-8FAA-C8542C4322F2.jpeg35ACE1ED-3CA1-415F-8E5A-AAF2BE03CC97.jpeg12B9DAB6-6B66-436C-B0F4-3929E4217BF3.jpegBDF637FC-3BE9-416F-8021-F3DB2C634093.jpeg2F2F6635-D396-4054-9EC4-B9A4D5D097BD.jpeg

The Chinese characters on the coffee machine is a testament to its past, but also the large number of Chinese guests that come here.5BF7EDD7-2D50-476C-A72E-C7C660B721D7.jpeg

I found these milk containers to be both cute and sustainable.

Dinner was rather expensive. People staying at this hotel are rather captive. The opening hours of the restaurant also suggest they are milking those on expense accounts.

2A7B24F1-29F4-4113-89A7-F1313D585468.jpeg

I had a salad, glass of wine and a desert. I did not like the deserts on offer and they made me something off menu, which was appreciated.

There are other food options not to far away (see location).

This hotel is located at the edge of Offenbach, which borders Frankfurt, along the Main river. It is a largely commercial area.

I believe motorists would find the area attractive.

For those like me that only use public transport, I agree with the previous poster that this is probably not ideally located, particularly if you have heavy luggage. With my trolley I had no issues. I believe it was around a 7 minute walk from the nearest S-Bahn station.

This location is excellent if you want to go for a jog along the Main river.

If you want different food options, there is a McDonald's close by. However, particularly in summer, if you head west along the river towards the Frankfurt skyline, you will find a section of restaurants along the river. There was a Paulaner Biergarten, and Indian restaurant, Italian, and others. They all have quite good online ratings. Check their opening hours because not all of them are open all day.

097F84CE-689D-4770-BD54-2FAAF0B11A77.jpeg

The view of the European Central Bank from near these restaurants.

Branding

This was my first stay in a Delta hotel. I had read that many of the dated Marriott hotels that I used to visit have been re-branded Delta, but I have not been back since that happened. Based upon this information however, I was expecting a brand with little consistency.

I looked at their brand identification page at: https://delta-hotels.marriott.com/about-delta-hotels/. I did not find this hotel lived up to many of their key points.

• Always connected wifi - mostly true
  • Here when you need us - reception was not particularly friendly and in app requests went unanswered.
  • Stay hydrated - one bottle of water, not two as described, were in the room. There were no water stations except in the gym
  • Break a Sweat - fulfilled
  • A Room that Works - The open plan bathroom is not my thing, but it "works". The desk is better than many hotels, but with a huge tv directly in your face I would not label it "focused"
  • Delta Bar - they have something call a Delta Lounge, but it was not open. Dining is available four breakfast and then not again until 19:00, not all day as described
  • Delta Pantry - there is a small offering next to the reception
  • Soapbox Partnership - they use a different, non-sustainable brand

I guess my expectations about brand consistency (or lack thereof) were fulfilled.

Gym

The gym is rather spacious and has a good selection of machines and weights. There are also gender separated changing rooms that have lockers and showers. This is one of the better gyms I have seen in a hotel. There were plenty of towels.

E6EB301B-35D4-4FD9-8755-2DEF3FC2755A.jpegAAE32BB8-A44B-41D0-B61F-AFCB5DE40D09.jpegEC0112BA-79D0-4C6A-9446-8AD1489C60A9.jpeg

Delta Hotels by Marriott Frankfurt Offenbach Review

Would you like to write a review on the Delta Hotels by Marriott Frankfurt Offenbach?

No, thank you.
Yes
MrSnoot78 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 4:56 am

Programs: FB plat MM sen
No extra lock on the doors - I had a night unexpected visit.

I have locked the doors using standard lock, however somebody opened the doors at 01:00AM and tried to get into the room. I have asked the receptionist but they were not sure who was that!
btw there are no second lock/chain to protect the doors.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is this a newly built hotel or was it something else before it joined the Delta brand?
Old Dec 28, 2023, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is this a newly built hotel or was it something else before it joined the Delta brand?
new
Old Dec 28, 2023, 11:27 am

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
This was a rebrand - it was previously a Chinese brand hotel (forgot the exact name) - not sure if there are any Delta brand new builds; think it‘s a brand specifically for rebranding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.