Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by supatight80
Name the hotel. Id be very pissed if this happened to me. A confirmed SNA is a confirmed SNA.

I really hope you'd escalate this to corporate or whoever and get a load of goodwill points from the property.

If we allow this to continue or if Bonvoy doesnt act against the property, it will really leave a very negative impression about Bonvoy in general.
If Bonvoy never act accordingly then I'm afraid other hotels follow suit.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 5:29 pm

Ambassador elite means crap

It’s an absolute waste. I received the welcome email and tried to request a your24 early check in and the fool was trying to sell me airport transportation instead. Haven’t heard from him since.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by supatight80
Name the hotel. Id be very pissed if this happened to me. A confirmed SNA is a confirmed SNA.
If you do a little scanning across threads you’ll actually see that this happens with unfortunate frequency, including but not nearly limited to my own experience.

However, until recently, reports of this issue were met with vehement attacks and denial from a certain poster, whose strategy consisted of claiming this to be an “IT glitch” and bludgeoning anyone who dared to raise the issue into submission with the sheer volume of his inane ad hominem drivel.

Mercifully, that is no longer a problem on these boards and perhaps a more accurate reflection of these issues will enable a light to be shone upon them.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Even if it really "IT glitch" Marriott and the hotel in question needs to be responsible as confirmed SNA is equal to confirmed reservation.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Ramiraw
It’s an absolute waste. I received the welcome email and tried to request a your24 early check in and the fool was trying to sell me airport transportation instead. Haven’t heard from him since.
Your24 needs to be requested through your Ambassador. I can’t figure out why your Ambassador would try to sell you airport transportation. Did you contact the hotel directly?
supatight80 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Even if it really "IT glitch" Marriott and the hotel in question needs to be responsible as confirmed SNA is equal to confirmed reservation.
I will say that Marriott forced StR NYC to put me in a suite when my SNA request was improperly cancelled at 5 days with wide open inventory. StR got even by putting me in possibly the worst suite in the entire hotel. Won't be staying there again.

I'm one of those who has cleared quite a few SNA, but found that the assigned suite is often an undesirable one. Have done better with complimentary upgrades.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Your24 needs to be requested through your Ambassador. I can’t figure out why your Ambassador would try to sell you airport transportation. Did you contact the hotel directly?
I asked my ambassador to arrange your24. He replied and asked if there’s anything else I needed such as airport transport and I said no. So he didn’t even come back to me about the your24.

when I contacted the hotel I got a strange guy who answered the phone rudely. When I asked for the manager he said there’s no one available and hung up in my face. I called the 1866 ambassador number and asked them to hold on the line to listen in while i conferences the hotel in on the line. The same guy answered and repeated what he did before and was really rude and strange. I asked the ambassador if he got all that and he confirmed in shock. The rude guy from
the hotel then hung up. I asked the ambassador to just cancel The entire trip which he did.

It’s really a shame. I filed a complaint with the hotel manager and he said the guy was fired. Anyway they ruined my vacation. Don’t go to the st regis Mauritius whatever you do because it may not be safe. They said they couldn’t even retrieve the phone recordings which is scary.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
when I contacted the hotel I got a strange guy who answered the phone rudely. When I asked for the manager he said there’s no one available and hung up in my face.
You were on the phone but he hung up in your face?
It’s really a shame. I filed a complaint with the hotel manager and he said the guy was fired. Anyway they ruined my vacation. Don’t go to the st regis Mauritius whatever you do because it may not be safe. They said they couldn’t even retrieve the phone recordings which is scary.
You decided to cancel the reservation and that ruined your vacation?
Old Dec 21, 2019, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
You were on the phone but he hung up in your face?
You decided to cancel the reservation and that ruined your vacation?
yes kacee, I was asking for the manager and he just hung up. Having to deal with all this ruined the trip.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
It’s an absolute waste... the fool was trying to sell me on airport transportation instead...
(deleted because the OP misspoke here and he clarified himself later)
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
I asked my ambassador to arrange your24. He replied and asked if there’s anything else I needed such as airport transport and I said no. So he didn’t even come back to me about the your24.

Oh come on. That's completely different. It's proper for Ambassador to ask you if you needed anything else and gave you options. This is NOT "I'm asking for Yours24 and Ambassador tries to sell me airport transportation instead", there's is no 'instead', he helped you on Yours24 (abid slowly, that's another issue), but he isn't pushing you to get airport transport, he's simply asking just like McDonalds used to ask "would you like some fries with that". Totally different.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Wow

I’ve spent $35k this year with Marriott. Ambasador service is the worst I’ve seen in years. I’ve tried to fire mine and they tell me she’s one of the best. I talked to a manager who said: “please bear with us as we are short staffed.” How’s that my problem? I should ask them to bear with me when I can’t pay or have to cancel last minute.

shameful.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
If I may speak in defense of my own Ambassador, I have had nothing but a pleasant experience. Maybe it is because I am a new Ambassador and am getting the white glove treatment but he has dealt with everything perfectly and arranged upgrades at every stay since I became Ambassador (4 stays). He said he will only be my Ambassador till February (no idea why) so maybe things will go down hill then.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by JBauer
I’ve spent $35k this year with Marriott. Ambasador service is the worst I’ve seen in years. I’ve tried to fire mine and they tell me she’s one of the best. I talked to a manager who said: “please bear with us as we are short staffed.” How’s that my problem? I should ask them to bear with me when I can’t pay or have to cancel last minute.

shameful.
its obvious that the entire experience depends on who your assigned ambassador is. Since the incident last month, I’ve been sending emails to my ambassador directly and to the general ambassador email address but still no replies.

ive had 2 stays since then.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 9:33 am

I have a terrific ambassador ( male, Singapore based, French given name): answers emails in a flash, contacts hotels instantly if I have a complaint ( rare: 2 stays out of 100 plus nights this year), very obliging/accommodating.
It’s all moot, because I won’t renew by $$$ for 2020 ( instead revert to the dead zone : no meaningful benefits above 75 nights).
Anyone looking for a new ambassador could do a lot worse than him...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.