Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
This is what drives me crazy. I have platinum-premier ambassador status, which properties have confirmed. Marriott.com and Marriott application said so then changed me to platinum-premier. Now the web booking confirmations say platinum.

Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I just saw a couple of LinkedIn profiles in Wichita and Austin ... no indication about looking for jobs.
I know mine is in Austin...
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:36 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Do legacy SPG ambassadors work at a particular location?
Mine is in Boston
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
My Ambassador also emailed yesterday to promise that my points refunds for recently canceled old award stays (replaced with new award stays at the reduced rate) at the StR Bal Harbour (Oct/Nov) and StR Bahia Beach (Feb) will be processed within the next 7 days.
Did you get points refund on a merged account, unmerged account, or does it not matter at this stage and both will be equally easy/difficult?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:13 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by escape4
Did you get points refund on a merged account, unmerged account, or does it not matter at this stage and both will be equally easy/difficult?
Monday, I got an email from my Ambassador indicating my upcoming StR SF stay’s 90K points refund would be processed within 48 hours. Tuesday, I got the 90K points refund.

Monday, I also got an email from my Ambassador indicating they were working on the processing of other canceled stays and should get those refunds within 5-7 days. I assume “they” are the IT teams.

I also assume “they” are working on stays in a temporal manner, correcting nearer reservations first and correcting later reservations later. My upcoming stay at the StR SF fully populated in the app and online reservations section only today, actually, while future reservations from the legacy SPG side still haven’t fully populated.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Have any newly qualified PPE+Amb received an ambassador yet? I qualified through my combined SPG/Marriott spend and the status has shown up correctly for around a week now, but I still haven't heard anything. I called the main platinum number to try to request a Your24, and it didn't seem like anyone knew what I was talking about. I saw these had to be requested through your ambassador now, but without having one, I'm not sure who to contact.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Am I the only one showing (unearned) Ambassador status?

After I combined accounts, I have 110 nights for the year, with about 50 SPG and 60 Marriott. I've got about $10K in spend. I'm not sure why it still says Ambassador until 2020. Is this going away, or should I call and ask who my ambassador is? ;-)
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:39 pm

many people had this and then it went away after the systems updated.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Interestingly, I received a short email from one of the ambassadors today offering to take care of combining my account if I hadn't already done so.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
is ambassador service no longer 'personal'?

right before aug 18th I had a problem that i reached out to my ambassador on and she basically blew off the request, and after my follow up email other members of the ambassador team answered my questions instead.

i have been having problems booking stays post aug 18th (i cant get the app to show any spg properties at all - yes the spg app, it only shows marriot properties for me) and have been going through the ambassador service for that as well. in the last few weeks I have had a response from 'my' ambassador maybe 10% of the times. mainly it's someone else on the team, even on days and during hours that my ambassador is supposed to be working.

is the service no longer 'personal'?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by stant
is the service no longer 'personal'?
Hopefully that's not the case. Suspect it's just a question of extreme workload and everyone chipping in for the immediate time being. Otherwise it's just a different level of contact center, and not terribly ambassador-ish.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:45 pm

I finally heard back from my ambassador after several days. She actually was the one to reply to my e-mail to the general ambassador e-mail which I used as an alternative because I thought she was temporarily overloaded.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
My understanding is the service is indeed still personal, the only thing I can think of is if your request was urgent and your Ambassador was in the middle of working on something else so by getting soneone else to deal with it got you your result in the time you needed?

If you are finding its negatively impacting you then maybe send a quick email asking the question, see what there response it. I would imagine with all the changes and fact they were understaffed to start with there is maybe a lot of training going on at the moment and maybe your Ambassador is involved giving some training to new agents. Its certainly not ideal however and they should at least explain to you whats happening!
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I was recognized by the front desk of the Marriott Waikiki Beach as a platinum-premier ambassador, despite Marriott.com and the Marriott mobile app showing me as a platinum-premier. I still haven't been contacted by an ambassador, but whatever.

This property now gives out fancy black keys that are branded "platinum elite" (see here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30152269-post636.html) Of course, the keys completely ignore the fact that platinum-elite is two status levels below platinum-premier ambassador.

I suspect other properties will soon get the new keys. All of my other post 8/18 stays have been at properties with the legacy Marriott or legacy SPG keys.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by spgplat21
Have any newly qualified PPE+Amb received an ambassador yet?
I have not heard anything from the new MR Ambassador team.

I have 168 nights (124 butt-in-bed) and over $28,000 spent just at Marriotts alone this year. I have fewer than 10 SPG nights this year, and probably only another $1,000 in spend on SPG. I've not yet combined my accounts.

This is really quite ridiculous/frustrating. The Ambassador team can't possibly be the same team of folks who are working on any remaining issues from the rewards programs combination. When I checked into my hotel in St. Louis this week, I inquired at the front desk what they saw my status as: only PPE. When I asked if their system said anything about "ambassador status" or "M0" code, the FDC said no. *eyeroll*

-mvitale

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.