Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Left Marriott] Nordport Plaza, Hamburg-Airport, Tribute Portfolio [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Left Marriott] Nordport Plaza, Hamburg-Airport, Tribute Portfolio [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Marriott press release:

Tribute Portfolio? Touches Down in Hamburg | Marriott News Center

Cat 3.

Excerpt:

"Tribute Portfolio™, part of Marriott International, Inc., today announced its arrival in Germany with the opening of Nordport Plaza, Hamburg-Airport, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel. Located minutes from the city’s international airport...Inspired by its location, an elegant aviation theme flows through the hotel, reflecting the spirit of travel....Extending to 10 floors high, the oval-shaped main building has a striking glass façade and houses 188 contemporary guest rooms and suites ...The glamourous rooftop Senator Lounge & Sky Bar offers a small-plates menu plus cocktails and features seating inside and out to enjoy sweeping panoramic views out over the airport to Hamburg’s magnificent Elbphilharmonie concert hall....Curving alongside, and connected by a glass bridge to the accommodation tower, the adjoining four-story building houses Restaurant Blue, a chic fine dining restaurant...Landscaped gardens surround the property and open onto the neighbouring nature reserve....The Nordport Plaza, Hamburg-Airport is also located within easy reach of landmarks, such Kunsthalle, Deichtorhallen and the Elbphilharmonie."

Cheers.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:29 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Booked a stay here for this weekend. Anyone have any experiences?
It is quite cheap, got a 70 euro rate.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Here right now, upgraded to a ‘premium room’. Its really nice. Very tastefully decorated, and almost brand new as the hotel has been open for less than a year.

Also got a welcome drink as a platinum member.

They even do turn down service. Haven’t had that in many many stays.

Last edited by thomas199023; Feb 4, 2019 at 1:32 am
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:05 pm

Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the pics. Much appreciated. What do they do for breakfast for Plats? Please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
What do they do for breakfast for Plats? Please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Thx!

Cheers.
Not current as my stay was last year, but at that time you could opt for breakfast as arrival gift and were able to have the regular restaurant breakfast, which is themed like the whole hotel as airline breakfast, so it's a preplated brekfast (choice out of three varieties) served on tray from a trolley. You can order hot items as well, but in general all was a bit on the small side. Was told (but did not try) that you could order seconds if you desired so...

In general I found the design a bit tacky, though - being no feminist by any stretch I still found the pictures of stewardesses throughout the hotel as smiling decoration around (of course male) pilots as well as pictures of women wrapped in towels in my bathroom a little creepy...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:30 am

You can pick breakfast as your Platinum amenity. Choice of trays and you can ask for made to order eggs.

I had the continental plus, with an omelette.

Old Jan 29, 2021, 10:12 am

Hotel declared bankruptcy, now they are looking for a buyer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.