Wiki Posts
Search

Marriots in Suzhou and Hangzhou

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Marriots in Suzhou and Hangzhou

Looking for recommendations on the best marriott properties in Suzhou and hangzhou. I am curious about properties located ideally for tourism and that acknowledge gold status.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
In (HZ) Hangzhou, at city center there are a courtyard & JW that share the same address, (interesting mix). same pool/gym, but different EL's and dinning.
Some old threads on this if you search the Mrt forum. It's about 15 minutes from the old HZ rail station & about 15 minutes from the Lake.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:39 am

Renaissance Suzhou - Old building but well maintained, very generious to the Reward members, pretty good chance of free room upgrade. Location is fine with some shopping around. free breakfast for gold

Courtyard Suzhou - Fairly New building, decent room, close to Subway station and the Landmark (Jeans). 15 mins walking away from Renaissance Suzhou. Free breakfast for Gold member.

Marriott Suzhou - right in Suzhou old downtown, dated hotel, close to most tourist places including Suzhou Garden, Walking distance, free breakfast for gold.

I personally would suggest Renaissance Suzhou>Courtyard Suzhou>Marriott Suzhou.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
I'm at the Renaissance right now. Nicely upgraded room to club floor as a gold. Room was very recently remodeled to a high standard. It's a good location near most of the industrial businesses, and lots of shopping nearby.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dartagnan
I'm at the Renaissance right now. Nicely upgraded room to club floor as a gold. Room was very recently remodeled to a high standard. It's a good location near most of the industrial businesses, and lots of shopping nearby.
I ended up booking it for two nights. I'm going for tourism but hopefully getting around won't be too bad.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jiatong
In (HZ) Hangzhou, at city center there are a courtyard & JW that share the same address, (interesting mix). same pool/gym, but different EL's and dinning.
Some old threads on this if you search the Mrt forum. It's about 15 minutes from the old HZ rail station & about 15 minutes from the Lake.
15 minutes by taxi or walking? I'll try to search the old reviews. I'm likely going to have to go out of pocket since I used my points on Suzhou. In the alternative I have hyatt points, but I think the hyatt property is beneath some of the marriott choices in this location.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
15 minutes by taxi.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jiatong
15 minutes by taxi.
Hmm I prefer to avoid having to take taxis when I can, but I guess that can't really be avoided sometimes.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:13 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

See my review on Marriott Taihu Suzhou.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ake-china.html
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:19 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I also stayed at Marriott Suzhou. It is located in the city center. Its entrance is clustered with cars and several shops right in front of it. So the very first impression was not great. The inside was average. I was upgraded to a top level executive suite with good view of the city. The morning buffet breakfast is not good. Better use the executive lounge if you get it.

It is very close to many attractions if you are really into those. I had high hope of visiting the traditional gardens, but disappointed. There were so, or too many people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.