Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Berlin Design Hotels (Cosmo, Provocateur, Hotel Zoo, Sir Savigny)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt

There's not much info on these together so I thought it may be useful to pull these together into a master thread. The prices are competitive overall.

I have regular travel so here are some notes:

Cosmo
Great location off the U-bahn. Easy to get everywhere with a 2 min walk to hotel.
Hotel seems to be a block of apartments, converted into a hotel. There's a mailbox block at the bottom of the elevator.
Breakfast included for platinum guests
Free drink when checking in (for platinum I assume)
Rooms nice - modern design. Large bathroom.

Provocateur
Odd vibe - pretty close to the W with sexual innuendo everywhere.
Playboy was the in-room magazine
Very beautiful rooms. Well decorated in W style. Lots of character.
One rickety elevator though so very antique feeling
Cool lobby bar.
No platinum anything. Not even mentioned. Points did not automatically post.

Sir Savigny

Hotel Zoo

Last edited by BobbySteel; Mar 6, 2018 at 6:00 am Reason: update
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Thanks for the notes on Cosmo. Was currious. Going to try it out next month.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards Gold, Club Carlson, Starwood Gold, AAdvantage
We have stayed at the Cosmo Hotel a few times and really enjoy the location. It is right by the Spittelmarkt subway stop on the U2 line so easy to get everywhere. The immediate area around the hotel is nothing special though. Here is a review with pictures if interested: Cosmo Hotel ? Berlin, Mitte - miles away

We were actually considering the Provocateur for our next trip but interested in the other design hotels as well.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Stay at the Cosmo regularly. Am upgraded about half the time (PLAT) and quite like the hotel. Immediate hotel area, as another poster mentioned, has very little, but has good connectivity to the rest of the city via Spittelmarkt U2.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by onlysilver
We have stayed at the Cosmo Hotel a few times and really enjoy the location. It is right by the Spittelmarkt subway stop on the U2 line so easy to get everywhere. The immediate area around the hotel is nothing special though. Here is a review with pictures if interested: Cosmo Hotel ? Berlin, Mitte - miles away

We were actually considering the Provocateur for our next trip but interested in the other design hotels as well.
I just read the linked review. Thanks.

Do you know if they offer Gold members breakfast or lounge access? Is this property easy to get to from the airport TXL?

If I had a choice between this property and the Sheraton Berlin or Westin, what would you (anyone reading) choose?

Thanks.
Dan
Old Mar 31, 2018, 11:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I have no idea about the rooms at the Sir Savigny, but it is attached to/part of a hamburger joint called The Butcher, where I had a late lunch the other day. One side is done in US deli style, with white tiles, etc, and the other part is very much hipster lunge, with useless but pretty furniture completely unsuited to either dining or engaging with people. The burgers are pretty decent, but the fries/chips nothing special. Excellent negroni though!
Old Apr 1, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards Gold, Club Carlson, Starwood Gold, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by dhammer53
I just read the linked review. Thanks.

Do you know if they offer Gold members breakfast or lounge access? Is this property easy to get to from the airport TXL?

If I had a choice between this property and the Sheraton Berlin or Westin, what would you (anyone reading) choose?

Thanks.
Dan
The hotel doesn’t have a lounge since it is a design hotel and no free breakfast for Gold members, unfortunately. We had a lot of luggage so took a taxi from TXL which cost 30 euros. With public transportation, you would take the airport bus from TXL to Alexanderplatz and then it would be about 2 or 3 stops on the U2 line to the Spittelmarkt stop.

We just stayed at the Sheraton last weekend and were upgraded to a club room with lounge access. A continental breakfast was served in the lounge with the only hot item being scrambled eggs. The hotel was nice but the surrounding area nothing special and about a 15 minute walk to the closest subway stop. We personally prefer the Cosmo just for the location right by a subway stop. The Sheraton and Cosmo are the only 2 Starwood options we have used in Berlin (so far...)
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 8:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dhammer53
For free breakfast as a Gold, stay at one of the Marriotts.

TXL is relatively easy by taxi from any part of Berlin you're likely to stay.
dhammer53 likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
I have a booking at Provocateur this summer. Do you know if they give 4pm check out for Plats/Titaniums?
Old May 23, 2019, 12:53 am

I was there last week. No elite recognition. The extra low price was the only positive thing about them. I have also spend a night at ZOO hotel - much better experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.