Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Hotel in Danang, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Reservations: [email protected]
Concierge: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *

I could not find the thread for this new property, so here it is:

Marriott Opens Sheraton Grand Hotel in Danang, Vietnam

Hotel in Sunnyvale | Sheraton Sunnyvale Hotel

It might well be hidden somewhere, although it was mentionned on this other thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...-1-2018-a.html

Last edited by UASPG; Jan 25, 2018 at 1:32 pm
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
The General Manager is Frank Bochman, previously GM (Pre-Opening) at the Sheraton Hoi An Tam Ky and at the Le Meridien Saigon.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Considering staying here in a few weeks. Beginning of Feb is bookable, so it would seem they're pretty close to opening.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:29 pm

I'm eager for a report. Made a reservation in March.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Sheraton Grand Danang, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Looks like this hotel opened up this past weekend, did anyone visit or does anyone have any plans to visit? I have tentatively booked in June for my honeymoon. I'm a bit torn between the Danang hotel and the upcoming opening in Hoi an.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:50 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
I had been in touch prior to opening as was considering a stay Feb
Originally they had a fabulous club lounge but sadly decided to cancel. Was told would get breakfast as platinum amenity and upgrade subject to availability to garden view suite, a shuttle was planned but not up and running yet but by June should be in place. It looks like a very large hotel geared to Chinese tour group and conferences. For your honeymoon you might be better off at hoi an property but the name is misleading as it is around 50 kilometres from hoi an and it seems there is not much in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. Probably best to make a decision once both are open and a few trip advisor reviews available
plc44 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Ditto, I started another thread on it yesterday, this one didn't come up when i searched.

The images on TripAdvisor's site have me tad bit worred:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re..._Province.html

The rooms with the plunge pools seem super exposed...
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:34 pm

With three pictures I wouldn't draw any conclusions just yet. Let's hope there's more content soon!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus
I'm going to stay this weekend. If anyone needs review, let me know. The rate is acceptable when you compared to the Intercontinental which is $1000 per night now. However the architecture in this Sheraton is better inside, the outside facade looks like a communal house.
plc44 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by nikkoap92
I'm going to stay this weekend. If anyone needs review, let me know. The rate is acceptable when you compared to the Intercontinental which is $1000 per night now. However the architecture in this Sheraton is better inside, the outside facade looks like a communal house.
A review would be very much appreciated.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: Marriott LTP
I would very much appreciate a review from your stay this weekend. We are booked for 5 nights in mid-March, and would be keen to know what to expect!

I hope they are good to you - please let us know how their Platinum treatment is...

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: Marriott Ti CX SL SQ KFEG
I'm looking forward to offers, as seen on the website there are no columns for offers. It'll be great if there's full board package
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:54 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Would also love to see a detailed review. Shame they no longer plan a club lounge. Would be interested to know how far from town/local restaurants they are and if there is any transport. Also what elite benefits they offer
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
I suggest waiting a bit. I passed the property yesterday at from the roadside it looks like still a lot of construction going on around the hotel. Looks like they are still also building villas as part of the very big complex. Also the price seems to be a bit over what is expected for that area.

You might consider Vinpearl or Crowne Plaza instead - both have nice infinity pools (and beach of course as well). Hyatt Regency has nice hammocks under the palms at the beach.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:10 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus
Both this and Sheraton Hoi An have unremarkable architecture. There are some Accor there which look better but the SPG treatment should be better than anything in this area especially there are 2 more Sheraton opening soon within few months. Around the area, only IHG and Accor which are really bad for elite members IMO. You may see the rate is a bit over, but the Intercontinental is almost double the rate at Sheraton now. If you are into the loyalty program, forget about the local chain such as Vinpearl or other resorts because it will just make you angry!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.