Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 22, 2018, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Lounge is on the fifth floor.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Mmm Question still stands, we can access the new American Express Lounge at HKG but would rather stay in town later
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
You mean the one at HKG that was closed over a year ago?
Didn't know.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
How nice is this hotel and its lounge? I am currently in the midst of deciding between here, The Conrad and the IC.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
My apologies, that’s right I forgot. I am Gold. But, getting an actual room upgrade to the club level I have heard is hard and almost never done. I have heard the best they will do is upgrade you to a Harbour View. Unless others here who have experience can comment otherwise.
Is this correct ? Isn't Club access + 1 guest a guaranteed benefit for Gold ?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:04 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Yes, IF the reservation was made for 2

Originally Posted by wantan
Is this correct ? Isn't Club access + 1 guest a guaranteed benefit for Gold ?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
My apologies, that’s right I forgot. I am Gold. But, getting an actual room upgrade to the club level I have heard is hard and almost never done. I have heard the best they will do is upgrade you to a Harbour View.
Is this correct?
Kind of, depending on what is really being asked. Getting upgraded to the 30th floor, same floor as the lounge, is hit or miss and probably miss for most Golds as there are only so many rooms on one floor; however, there are 4 executive level floors, floors 30-33 if my vague recollection is correct. As a Plat I am usually upgraded to one of those floors, but on rare occasion I think I've been put on another floor, I really don't remember and it really doesn't matter IMO as one still has lounge access.
Isn't Club access <snip> guaranteed benefit for Gold?
Yes, you will have lounge access no matter what floor your room is. You're room key will be programmed for your floor and room, and the lounge floor and door. +1 guest was already addressed by Srisarin.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Srisarin
Yes, IF the reservation was made for 2

Still new to Marriott, so it's not a guest stays free perk ala Hilton ? How strictly does this property enforce it, and do they ALWAYS give Gold Club access ?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum, Mileage Plus Silver
I've had 2 other people stay with me and have paid the extra person charge so that the 3rd person was able to access the lounge. It was about HK$350 a day (although don't quote me on that as my memory isn't the greatest) but I would say it's pretty strictly enforced especially during peak hours (breakfast and evening hours).
Old Mar 18, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Still new to Marriott, so it's not a guest stays free perk ala Hilton ? How strictly does this property enforce it, and do they ALWAYS give Gold Club access ?
Access to the Concierge Lounge is a published benefit for Gold. So they will always give access.

Can't say whether they will put you on the 30-33 floors. On my last three stays i didn't get those floors ... then again, it was because I was upgraded to a harbour view suite

International Marriott properties seem to pay more attention to how many guests are coming into the lounge but that's probably because international lounges are generally much better than the US lounges. I don't know about whether it matters if you clicked one person on the reservation versus two but doubt there is a difference. There may be a difference if you have three to a room in Asia -- as I noted on a recent trip with my children which resulted in extra charges (not hidden and properly displayed) that I haven't had when traveling with them in the US.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:03 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Just stayed here 3 nights last weekend. Booked two harbor view rooms on points, both upgraded to 35th floor, although they made it crystal clear that the second room did not have lounge access privileges. Disappointing, but also well-documented, so shrug.

3503 had a strong odor of smoke so they moved us to an equivalent room on the 26th floor. Kept 3505 as the 2nd room.

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
How nice is this hotel and its lounge? I am currently in the midst of deciding between here, The Conrad and the IC.
I liked it a lot, but have not been to the other two so can't say.

Originally Posted by JamboAddick
I've had 2 other people stay with me and have paid the extra person charge so that the 3rd person was able to access the lounge. It was about HK$350 a day (although don't quote me on that as my memory isn't the greatest) but I would say it's pretty strictly enforced especially during peak hours (breakfast and evening hours).
IIRC it's HKD$400 now.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by TheWiseOne

Hi,
I stayed at the JW Marriott and The Conrad in 2016 and liked them both;

My comparison between the lounges;

Food: JW Marriott ( esp afternoon snacks and evening snacks) Breakfast was more evenly split but still preferred the JW
Service:Conrad( they offered to bring the first coffee or tea compared to the self service at the JW)
View: Conrad . The JW has a harbour view but is obstructed by the relative low level of the lounge and buildings in front of the JW where as the cnorad is unobstructed.

The IC ( I assume you refer to the Inter Continental) is on the Kowloon side so will have a view over towards central. I think ( I have not stayed at the IC) the lounge is just above the lobby and there will be construction going on with barges and cranes in the harbour (IIRC the hotel will close in 2019 for a renovation)

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Food: JW Marriott ( esp afternoon snacks and evening snacks) Breakfast was more evenly split but still preferred the JW
The one additional point to consider here is that the Conrad will let you take breakfast in the restaurant, which has a really nice buffet (though the dim sum is disappointing).
Old Mar 18, 2018, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,
I stayed at the JW Marriott and The Conrad in 2016 and liked them both;

My comparison between the lounges;

Service:Conrad( they offered to bring the first coffee or tea compared to the self service at the JW)
View: Conrad . The JW has a harbour view but is obstructed by the relative low level of the lounge and buildings in front of the JW where as the cnorad is unobstructed.

The IC ( I assume you refer to the Inter Continental) is on the Kowloon side so will have a view over towards central. I think ( I have not stayed at the IC) the lounge is just above the lobby and there will be construction going on with barges and cranes in the harbour (IIRC the hotel will close in 2019 for a renovation)

Regards

TBS
Thanks ! any thoughts on the rooms between the two ? So far I've only gathered JW rooms are smaller with less of a view ... are both around the same level of "luxury" ?

Originally Posted by Kacee
The one additional point to consider here is that the Conrad will let you take breakfast in the restaurant, which has a really nice buffet (though the dim sum is disappointing).
Currently deciding between : All 5 nights at Conrad ... or splitting them with JW.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I posted a comaprison between the Conrad & the J W over on the hilton thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27664479-post221.html

I had both Marriott and Hilton Gold status at the time.

At the JW Marriott I had booked a peak view room and at the Conrad had booked a harbour view room ( upgraded to Executive Harbour)

The JW Marriott rooms were a little smaller than the Conrad. ( I understand the JW will be rennovating rooms between late March and october)

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:32 pm

Acc to Marriott.com, guests rooms are being refurbished Mar 25 - Sept 30, 2018. We will be here in July and hoping for a refurb room.

Please report back if you stay in a refurb room. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.