Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 22, 2018, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Lounge is on the fifth floor.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by Kacee
Wrong program.

MR Gold and Plat get lounge access. Period.
My apologies, that’s right I forgot. I am Gold. But, getting an actual room on the club level I have heard is hard and almost never done. Unless others here can comment otherwise.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:05 am
Suspended

My apologies, that’s right I forgot. I am Gold. But, getting an actual room upgrade to the club level I have heard is hard and almost never done. I have heard the best they will do is upgrade you to a Harbour View. Unless others here who have experience can comment otherwise.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Re: Schenzen, I always laugh at how overpriced Hong Kong is compared to that city especially when you compare the high end hotels that go for $300-500 a night in HK. Just over the border they are usually $150 for the same brand!
Same for the differences between hotel prices at the same branded hotels in Singapore and Malaysia.

If I was going to pay over US$500 a night in Hong Kong then I'd just get a room at The Peninsula, which in my opinion is one of the finest hotels in the world.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:17 pm

Sorry to bring up old threads but I'm going to Hong Kong for two days and I have a bunch of points I want to burn on a nice property, and I cannot decide. Right now I have a reservation at the Renaissance, but am considering canceling.

I am an SPG/Marriott Gold and I'm looking for a property that I will get a good free breakfast at, and will also be allowed access to a really good lounge. Any suggestions?
JW hands down.

Take a look at this thread with much discussion about Ren vs JW: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...4-present.html

I believe there was a separate JW vs Ren HK thread that was merged into the Marriott-family HK thread.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
My apologies, that’s right I forgot. I am Gold. But, getting an actual room upgrade to the club level I have heard is hard and almost never done. I have heard the best they will do is upgrade you to a Harbour View. Unless others here who have experience can comment otherwise.
As a Plat Premier, I've been upgraded to a Harbour View suite.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET

I have heard getting upgraded to the club level at the Renaissance is next to impossible even for Diamonds.

Re: Schenzen, I always laugh at how overpriced Hong Kong is compared to that city especially when you compare the high end hotels that go for $300-500 a night in HK. Just over the border they are usually $150 for the same brand!
I'm sure Shenzhen is cheaper, just as staying on Long Island, White Plains, Newark, or Stamford is cheaper than staying in Manhattan. From a pricing perspective, its a different market (and costs of operation/capital are different as well). Additionally, Hong Kong has very open immigration. China does not.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Troopers
JW hands down.

Take a look at this thread with much discussion about Ren vs JW: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...4-present.html

I believe there was a separate JW vs Ren HK thread that was merged into the Marriott-family HK thread.
Its 35 pages long. Can you be more specific at what post they talk about the JW vs Renaissance.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:39 pm

Its 35 pages long. Can you be more specific at what post they talk about the JW vs Renaissance.
They're the main Marriott properties in HK so its really the entire thread.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
They're the main Marriott properties in HK so its really the entire thread.
I read the first three pages and I’ve seen Renaissance mentioned once.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:17 pm

Start at the last page and work backwards.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:45 pm

Not to be difficult but is it really fair to ask other people to search a thread for you? There's a thread on this. Looks to me from a 2 second search -- speaking of unfairness -- that the Ren is mentioned 76 times in that thread. Perhaps if you review the most recent posts in the thread and don't find the information you're looking for, that would be the place to ask questions rather than this thread.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Not to be difficult but is it really fair to ask other people to search a thread for you? There's a thread on this. Looks to me from a 2 second search -- speaking of unfairness -- that the Ren is mentioned 76 times in that thread. Perhaps if you review the most recent posts in the thread and don't find the information you're looking for, that would be the place to ask questions rather than this thread.
I was not asking with any attitude. I just could not find what he was referring to in that thread in the 35 pages. If there’s a function you can search within a thread for specific things, I don’t know how to do that. I apologize.

I thank @Troopers for sharing that thread. I just had trouble finding what he was referring to.

Last edited by Edgerfly; Feb 28, 2018 at 11:57 pm
Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
As a MR Gold I expect that I’ll get a checkout at 4 but wondered whether I might be allowed lounge access after checkout as our VS flight to LHR isn’t till midnight?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
As a MR Gold I expect that I’ll get a checkout at 4 but wondered whether I might be allowed lounge access after checkout as our VS flight to LHR isn’t till midnight?
Aren't the offerings in the Virgin Atlantic lounge better?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Aren't the offerings in the Virgin Atlantic lounge better?
You mean the one at HKG that was closed over a year ago?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.