Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

EDITION Hotel West Hollywood [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *

Driving on Sunset Blvd. in Los Angeles, I saw a building under construction (at Doheny Dr.). There was an "Edition Hotel West Hollywood" sign on the construction site.

The walls of the building are there, but don't expect to book a room at this property, in the near future.

I made a small research and read that it was scheduled to open late 2018, but reaching that goal would surprise me.

Construction Is ?Topped Out? on Sunset Boulevard's Edition Hotel - WEHOvilleWEHOville

https://la.curbed.com/maps/map-sunse...tel-residences

Last edited by UASPG; Jan 3, 2018 at 7:30 am
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I think it's always been scheduled to open in 2019.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
West Hollywood: Premiering 2018 | Edition Hotels

https://www.wehoeditionresidences.com/
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:55 am

From the link:

"The West Hollywood EDITION, located at 9040 West Sunset Boulevard on the east corner of West Sunset Boulevard and North Doheny Drive, features 190 guest rooms, 20 luxury residences and over 5,200 sq. ft. of meeting space. Food and beverage outlets include a signature restaurant, a lobby lounge, rooftop venue and a nightclub/bar. A rooftop pool and a 4-treatment room spa will also be available."

Has a good location on Sunset Blvd.

Cheers.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:52 pm

Opening April '19. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ywood-edition/

Cheers.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:35 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
This is one I’m particularly excited to try. I’m most curious if it can appeal more than the SLS Beverly Hills for at its price point. I’m also excited that it will be pet friendly like the New York and Miami Edition properties.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by bhrubin
This is one I’m particularly excited to try. I’m most curious if it can appeal more than the SLS Beverly Hills for at its price point. I’m also excited that it will be pet friendly like the New York and Miami Edition properties.
I would say if you're into nightlife, this will be the best Marriott property in LA. You'll be able to walk to all of the clubs on the Sunset Strip.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:16 am

Any update on opening date? I read somewhere its been delayed to September '19?
Old May 16, 2019, 7:36 pm

Marriott website now shows it opening September '19.

Cheers.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:27 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Reservations open from Oct. 1 as of now.

I am booked for Thanksgiving weekend--assuming its early reviews are not too worrisome.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Currently staying at hotel. Booked Deluxe King City View and was given a room with Hollywood Hills “view” on the 2nd floor, immediately above the entrance to the garage from the driveway. It’s noisy and you have zero privacy if you want to keep the curtains open. The room itself is beautiful and modern although a bit warm - AC doesn’t seem to work.

At check-in late last night there was no mention of this room downgrade. Currently they are promising to make it right but still insisting we received the correct room.

Deluxe King description notes balcony. Standard King notes floor-to-ceiling windows which open. Front desk claims the sliding windows in our room = “French balcony”. They also told us that no Deluxe rooms have city views despite the description at time of booking and on booking confirmation which states otherwise.

They asked me to forward our reservation confirmation email. Strange that I have to “prove” what we booked.

Honestly I think they just aren’t ready and wish they’d simply be upfront and honest at check-in rather than try to tell me I don’t understand what I booked.

EuropeanPete and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:24 pm
Suspended

@tismfu thanks for sharing.

Of course, everyone knows that any stay at any brand new hotel (or even a recently reopened one) comes with big risks of things not working, employees not yet fully/properly trained, and various other snafus that come with the territory. With a brand new luxury hotel, expectations are higher but the problems and challenges are still the same.

So anyone coming to stay here within the first 6 months, at least, I'd encourage you to reset your expectations.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:33 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I don’t think it’s too much to expect that even in a new hotel you should at least get the room that you paid for. That is not around tempering expectations, but objecting to more criminal bonvoying. Hotels can’t just accept money for an expensive room and hand out cheap ones - let’s try not to let the rose tinted spectacles get completely out of hand here.

As we’ve seen on numerous occasions though, the lack of functional Marriott customer service means that for everyone apart from those with a super Ambassador there is no service recovery when a hotel rips you off. It’s just like staying at a no-name no reputation hotel, only you provide one directional loyalty.
christianj likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I don’t think it’s too much to expect that even in a new hotel you should at least get the room that you paid for. That is not around tempering expectations, but objecting to more criminal bonvoying. Hotels can’t just accept money for an expensive room and hand out cheap ones - let’s try not to let the rose tinted spectacles get completely out of hand here.

As we’ve seen on numerous occasions though, the lack of functional Marriott customer service means that for everyone apart from those with a super Ambassador there is no service recovery when a hotel rips you off. It’s just like staying at a no-name no reputation hotel, only you provide one directional loyalty.
It's a brand new hotel. That one can get the room category wrong (new guest or new employee) should surprise no one. That the management team isn't working well yet should surprise no one. That the service level isn't where it should bet should surprised no one.

Truth be told, we have no way to know if this guest got the room paid for or not. But if one is pressing here instead of pressing the hotel, that's the first problem: FlyerTalk isn't going to solve the problem.

This isn't about Marriott customer service. That's conflating a completely separate and unrelated issue. It's about resetting expectations for a new hotel--of any brand. The new Rosewood Crillon in Paris opened to horrendous service and operational fiascoes for a good year before they got it under control. The new Four Seasons Trinity Square in London opened to horrendous service and operational fiascoes for a good more than a year before they got it under control. The St Regis Bahia Beach reopened to some big service and F&B issues that only now, 8 months later, are reported as coming under control. The new Rosewood Miramar Beach in Santa Barbara opened to horrendous problems, too.

Anyone expecting more from a newly opened or reopened hotel--luxury or otherwise, Bonvoy or otherwise--is asking to be disappointed.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Totally agree that expectations should be in check for a new property. But I do believe we were not given the room we booked and paid for (reservation email confirmation shows City View and it was pricier than Hollywood Hills view). It could be a system issue, sure, where they are working out kinks with regard to proper descriptions. I took it up with the hotel directly prior to posting and we have been promised to be moved at some point today and they will refund the difference for first night.
C17PSGR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.