Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Putrajaya, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yosithezet
Pre-opening thread at: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1678789-new-le-meridien-putrajaya-malaysia-opened-aug-18-2016-a.html
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Putrajaya, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: 2023 MH Enrich Gold (OWS), 2023 Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold
I envy you escape4 for the above and beyond service provided by LM Putrajaya on a 2K weekend award stay.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 10:53 am

Just got back home from our 2 weeks in Malaysia.........first stop was a quick 2 night stop over at the Le Meridien Putrajaya....we were originally supposed to arrive at 8:00 p.m. but our originating flight out of YYZ left slightly late which backed everything else up making us miss our connecting Cathay Dragon our of HKG. Luckily they got us on the later flight (I know others had to wait until next day!!) we ended up landing after midnight so we are exhausted by the time we actually got to the hotel. Just grabbed a cab and were welcomed when we arrived.\
We were upgraded to the Atelier Suite - Plenty big for the two of us and were happy with the upgrade. I was delirious by the time we arrived so when I closed my eyes I was out like a light - It could have been a cement floor, I just needed sleep

So for the hotel - service was friendly; very modern and clean; used breakfast both mornings in the restaurant and it was fine - it can get busy but we were usually there quite early even on the first morning; for the simple two nights we were there I really liked the area with the mall close by and quiet - probably not a place you would want to spend for much longer if you don't have any other plans?; we noticed on Sunday morning, like fairly early Sunday morning the pool was packed with kids and parents? we left to browse in the mall and thought we wouldn't get to enjoy it but when we came back early afternoon it was absolutely deserted so we took advantage of getting our first bit of sun and enjoyed a cocktail (BYOB ) It is a simple pool but we enjoyed the peace and quiet looking out.

Club lounge was fairly quiet when we were there. They had a decent spread and service. No reason to complain when something like this is complimentary.

All in all for what we wanted and using SPG points over the weekend it was fantastic value - new and modern - friendly staff - SPG Plat status recognized............what more can you ask for! Would definitely recommend for similar visits as ours.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:10 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Danial
I envy you escape4 for the above and beyond service provided by LM Putrajaya on a 2K weekend award stay.
Indeed, for 2k points it was almost embarrassing all they did for us!
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Only recently re-gained SPG Gold , and surprised to find even SPG gold are granted lounge access. (2 out of 2 stays so far) and was even upgraded to a suite once ! Checked with reception and was told it is a hotel policy to grand full club benefits to Gold.

Lounge offerings during cocktail hour are improving, with enough quality items to qualify for dinner (tandoori chicken, naan bread as well as finger food such as curry puffs , various cheeses) alcohol is still limited in selection but at least there's draught calsburg and black label whisky is back.

Housekeeping is also improving (or is it only in the Club rooms?) eg: shower glass is not water stained , no stray fluff/hair in random places.

All in all, now one of my most enjoyable hotels to stay at with SPG Gold !
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: 2023 MH Enrich Gold (OWS), 2023 Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold
Thumbs up Marriott Rewards

Originally Posted by wantan
Only recently re-gained SPG Gold , and surprised to find even SPG gold are granted lounge access. (2 out of 2 stays so far) and was even upgraded to a suite once ! Checked with reception and was told it is a hotel policy to grand full club benefits to Gold.

Lounge offerings during cocktail hour are improving, with enough quality items to qualify for dinner (tandoori chicken, naan bread as well as finger food such as curry puffs , various cheeses) alcohol is still limited in selection but at least there's draught calsburg and black label whisky is back.

Housekeeping is also improving (or is it only in the Club rooms?) eg: shower glass is not water stained , no stray fluff/hair in random places.

All in all, now one of my most enjoyable hotels to stay at with SPG Gold !
Wantan, LM Putrajaya since last year was following Marriott Rewards guideline where Marriott Gold members are given access to Marriott Club/Executive lounge maybe due to the other close proximity of Marriott Putrajaya. I was indeed surprise when they did give me access when I was formerly Gold last year plus sometimes upgraded to suite just like you.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:31 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I had another 1-night stay on 2k starpoints recently during transit in KL. I was upgraded to the Atelier Suite. We arrived too late for happy hour but we had breakfast in the lounge. We were completely alone - can't beat this for a quiet and private breakfast.

Great room, generous upgrades, nice and quiet lounge, good food, good service, and excellent price.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:34 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I finally managed to check out this place.

I came to the hotel after a few nights at LM KL. I was originally going to take the KLIA Transit & Grab option described above, but when checking Grab at LM KL in the early afternoon, was quoted a price of RM35 and travel time of 33 minutes to LM Putrajaya. (I had checked during rush hour the prior night, and the rate was RM88 and time 1 hour 13 minutes, so it definitely depends on the time of day).

Check-in was friendly, and I was given one of the small suites (xx13). It’s an odd layout, but quite comfortable. The furnishings look good, but the couch and fancy red leather chair are not very comfortable. Considering how new the hotel is, there’s a surprising amount of wear-and-tear (stains on the furniture, broken tiles in the bathroom, etc). The light switches drove me nuts – it probably took me 5 minutes to get all the lights off at night.

The club lounge has a small afternoon tea selection, with bite-sized finger foods. The evening spread is decidedly worse than LM KL, with no live cooking station, and some unappealing hot food options (admittedly, I may have been there on an off night) plus some salad stuff and small plates. Selection and quality were not up to par – the squid salad appetizer tasted rubbery, the small chunks of chicken in the curry were awful, breadsticks were stale. Breakfast can be had in the lounge (I didn’t try) or restaurant – it’s a decent selection, but again LM KL is far ahead.

The location is pretty dreadful. Admittedly, KL also is a little light on must-see attractions, but when staying in the city, there’s a fair bit to do – take the monorail, walk around and explore for a day. At LM Putrajaya, there’s nothing in walking distance other than a large mall. Lots of shopping and food options, but for everything else, you need to get around by car (and there doesn’t appear to be much excitement at all in Putrayaja). To go to the airport, I was admonished to leave 3 hours before my flight (because “traffic can be very bad”); well, traffic wasn’t, and I was there within 35 minutes (at a price of RM45).

All things considered, my strong recommendation would be, unless you have business in Putrajaya, to pick LM KL over LM Putrajaya. Sentral is a much better location, it’s quicker to get to via KLIA Express (and predictable!), and LM KL is a much better hotel. My rate at LM Putrajaya was some RM350 all-in (plus 2000 BRG reward points), and that’s certainly a pretty good deal when LM KL runs RM500. But when the rates are more similar, LM KL is preferable, and even with a RM100 or so difference, LM Sentral is a clear winner!
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by jpdx

The location is pretty dreadful.
I have never stayed here but do stay at the Marriott down the street and actually like the location for a short stay or to mix things up on a trip to KL. The mall nearby is actually a pretty decent shopping mall with some decent dining options. The area is very pleasant for walking/jogging etc. There is a golf course right there. Also, as mentioned up-thread things like the exec lounge can be less crowded etc so the area has a more relaxing vibe to it. Don't get me wrong, Sentral is my preferred area if I need to stay in KL (usually Hilton though) but considering this properties price and my desire to be off-the-grid a bit this would be ideal. You couldn't pay me to stay in Bukit Bintang......
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:38 pm

Just to update :

Since SPG "integrated" into Marriort's loyalty program, this hotel no longer upgrades Gold to to Club Rooms. You'd get a "Premier Room" category which is non-existent on their website. From my stays so far, it means a room on Club floor with no Club access.

If you want a Club Room with Club Access, book it online (typically around RM75 more from base room) since the up sell charge at check-in is RM150 per pax.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:58 am

property is going down the drawn. had a stay last week :

1. Gold now offered to check in/out at lounge BUT any consumption at lounge would be charged. Double checked with both check-in agent and the lounge staff that this means my keycard can access the lounge yet if anything is consumed it's chargeable. While checking-in with the Bonvoy app it shows "Le Meridian Club Club lounge access" BUT THIS IS NOT THE CASE.
2. Room provided on 20th floor (yeap, same floor as the Lounge but "limited access" ... talk about rubbing it in) and the shower leaked + TV broken. only noticed while getting ready for bed so wasn't worth the hassle of having someone come in or changing rooms.
3. Requested for 3pm late check out as was hosting lunch in the restaurant. Request granted at check-in, only to be called on the day at 1pm that I had to vacate the room OR BE CHARGED ANOTHER NIGHT.
4. Upon returning to room, found luggage had been tampered with. Nothing missing but still unsettling, I have a set way of positioning the zips so would know.

Informed the hotel of the incident and was told by the front desk there would be an "investigation". Didn't bother about the other issues at the time as I had to rush back to the restaurant. After 3 days received an "apology" email from the Front Desk Manager about not meeting expectations which sounded close to a template as it didn't address the specific incident, replied back about the remaining shortfalls and received THE SAME REPLY.

Not a disaster of a stay but every expectation of a "perk" was not met. ie: when doing the online check-in I had expected to be able to have had breakfast with the "Club access" hence did not make other arrangements but arrived at 11pm only to be told this was not to be. Too late to do things differently ... similar to the late check-out, as I was traveling only with hand-carry hence could have brought it down but was planing on a shower before leaving.

Unsure if the issues are worth escalating as it feels to me the property just does not care about guests. Overall, this will be my LAST stay for the foreseeable future. Hoping the Doubletree Putrajaya will be worth it's salt when it opens as I've found hotels in this area to be consistently sub-par.

Last edited by wantan; Jun 13, 2019 at 10:03 am
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by wantan
property is going down the drawn. had a stay last week :

1. Gold now offered to check in/out at lounge BUT any consumption at lounge would be charged. Double checked with both check-in agent and the lounge staff that this means my keycard can access the lounge yet if anything is consumed it's chargeable. While checking-in with the Bonvoy app it shows "Le Meridian Club Club lounge access" BUT THIS IS NOT THE CASE.
2. Room provided on 20th floor (yeap, same floor as the Lounge but "limited access" ... talk about rubbing it in) and the shower leaked + TV broken. only noticed while getting ready for bed so wasn't worth the hassle of having someone come in or changing rooms.
3. Requested for 3pm late check out as was hosting lunch in the restaurant. Request granted at check-in, only to be called on the day at 1pm that I had to vacate the room OR BE CHARGED ANOTHER NIGHT.
4. Upon returning to room, found luggage had been tampered with. Nothing missing but still unsettling, I have a set way of positioning the zips so would know.

Informed the hotel of the incident and was told by the front desk there would be an "investigation". Didn't bother about the other issues at the time as I had to rush back to the restaurant. After 3 days received an "apology" email from the Front Desk Manager about not meeting expectations which sounded close to a template as it didn't address the specific incident, replied back about the remaining shortfalls and received THE SAME REPLY.

Not a disaster of a stay but every expectation of a "perk" was not met. ie: when doing the online check-in I had expected to be able to have had breakfast with the "Club access" hence did not make other arrangements but arrived at 11pm only to be told this was not to be. Too late to do things differently ... similar to the late check-out, as I was traveling only with hand-carry hence could have brought it down but was planing on a shower before leaving.

Unsure if the issues are worth escalating as it feels to me the property just does not care about guests. Overall, this will be my LAST stay for the foreseeable future. Hoping the Doubletree Putrajaya will be worth it's salt when it opens as I've found hotels in this area to be consistently sub-par.
Just to clarify... (a) did you book a room rate with Club Lounge access and/or breakfast included? (b) you know that Golds who qualify with 25 nights do not qualify for Club Lounge benefits (and 25 nights has never qualified for Club Lounge benefits - 25 stays yes - no matter what the tier is called). Lounge benefits is a member benefit for Platinums or greater who qualify with 50 nights.

It sounds like the hotel raised your expectations by putting you in a club level room in advance so it showed on the app as "access" (which you got) but without the actual club benefits beyond a place to sit. If this is the case then it's the hotel's stupidity for raising that expectation. They would have avoided your disappointment if they'd just given you the room you booked. You should also have got a 2pm check out as a Gold but this is "based on availability" so did the hotel feel particularly busy?

Really, Gold doesn't give much beyond enhanced points earning. They may have handled your room expectations badly but it sounds like you didn't miss out on guaranteed Gold benefits.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by ftrichard
Just to clarify... (a) did you book a room rate with Club Lounge access and/or breakfast included? (b) you know that Golds who qualify with 25 nights do not qualify for Club Lounge benefits (and 25 nights has never qualified for Club Lounge benefits - 25 stays yes - no matter what the tier is called). Lounge benefits is a member benefit for Platinums or greater who qualify with 50 nights.

It sounds like the hotel raised your expectations by putting you in a club level room in advance so it showed on the app as "access" (which you got) but without the actual club benefits beyond a place to sit. If this is the case then it's the hotel's stupidity for raising that expectation. They would have avoided your disappointment if they'd just given you the room you booked. You should also have got a 2pm check out as a Gold but this is "based on availability" so did the hotel feel particularly busy?

Really, Gold doesn't give much beyond enhanced points earning. They may have handled your room expectations badly but it sounds like you didn't miss out on guaranteed Gold benefits.
I booked the cheapest room, no breakfast. Wasn't expecting Lounge access in the first place and as you've pointed out my expectations were indeed raised.

Although I am more peeved about how lackluster the response was having been told of TV problems , a wet toilet and people opening my luggage (DND sign was on). I've experienced these things elsewhere but to have gotten a template reply TWICE in the same email thread is really something else.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:23 pm

I recently posted a review on my stay here on my blog. Hope someone finds it helpful!

Cheapest nightly rate on Fridays and Saturdays: 242 MYR (257 after tax)
Cheapest nightly rate from Sundays to Thursdays: 283 MYR (300 after tax)
When to book: Two months in advance

Built in 2016, Le Méridien Putrajaya is a 5-star hotel and one of a long list of Category 2 hotels around the Kuala Lumpur area. I booked a 4-nights stay at this property to celebrate my partner’s birthday and took advantage of Citibank Prestige Mastercard’s 4th-Night-Free benefit. I got in touch with the hotel via the chat feature in Marriott Bonvoy’s App before my arrival to see if they can come up with something special for us. Upon arriving at the lobby, we were brought to the Executive Lounge to complete the check-in process. We helped ourselves to some snacks and coffee while waiting for the room to be ready with some mini decoration.

Executive Lounge

As a Platinum member, I was upgraded to the Gallery Suite.

Living room of Gallery Suite

Bedroom of Gallery Suite

I booked the Signature King room and was upgraded to the Gallery Suite (Room 1912) as a Platinum member. Platinum members are also offered the usual 1,000 points per stay, breakfast for two and access to the Executive Lounge.

Balloon arrangements done by the hotel

Complimentary birthday cake

Our favourite table at the Executive Lounge

Back area of the Executive Lounge where food is served

Breakfast setup at Latest Recipe

Swimming Pool area against the sunset

Kids Room

Bar area at the far end of the lobby

Being in Putrajaya, this hotel is about 50 minutes drive from the city center and will not be the best option if you have any plans in KLCC area. This property is connected to IOI City Mall and it is huge! It has a cinema, skating rink and plenty of dining options. We stayed in throughout and really enjoyed ourselves!

IOI City Mall

Hours to note

Breakfast hours: 0630 - 1030 hours
Gym hours: 24 hours
Kids Room hours: 0900 - 1700 hours
Swimming Pool hours: 0700 - 2000 hours

Ratings

Breakfast: 9/10
Service: 9/10
Room: 9/10
Facilities: 8/10
Executive lounge: 9/10
Elite member recognition: 10/10

Source: suitesmile.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.