Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Siem Reap Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 15, 2020, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Siem Reap Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by r3cycle19
The lounge access part because legacy Marriott resorts were not required to provide lounge access.
I have no clue if this has changed with the new terms and conditions though.

I found this https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mem...s/guarantee.mi under guanrateed lounge access

Courtyard (Outside U.S./CAN with lounge) (Resorts excluded)If lounge closed, offer breakfast in restaurantN/A
For the welcome amenity, which includes breakfast allowance, there is no exclusion that I see for CY and a $50 payment if not met.
CourtyardU.S./CAN/EU:
500 points per stay or $10 Food & Beverage credit per day

AP/CALA/MEA:
Hotels without lounge - 500 points per stay or Food & Beverage amenity or $10 Food & Beverage credit per day

Hotels with lounge - 500 points per stay and breakfast in lounge (if lounge is closed- breakfast in restaurant per day)$50 USD
Furthermore, in 4.3c iv B it states where there is no lounge at CY breakfast is in the restaurant and there's no exclusion for resorts.

Courtyard

(Outside the United States and Canada with Lounge)
If lounge is closed, Participating Property to offer breakfast in restaurant
N/A
This hotel seems to want their cake and eat it too. They have a lounge but because they restrict access they are following the terms of NOT having a lounge. Seems to be a possible claim for the $50 from the Welcome Gift Guarantee.

This was all pulled directly from the T&C: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:52 pm

I guess we will see how porkie does during his stay
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to this there is no carveout for lounge access at CY for resorts.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I still don't understand why any full-service property, let alone one with a lounge, would brand as a Courtyard. My guess -- and it's only a guess -- is the fees that corporate deducts for the privilege of being in the Marriott portfolio are reduced at a limited-service property.

Marriott International manages most of its full-service properties internationally so they can also probably cut costs by branding as a Courtyard and using a third-party management company.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
According to this there is no carveout for lounge access at CY for resorts.
I was hoping they would come out with a new chart that included Asia pacific. But ya one of the reasons I started my query was because of that chart and was hopeful that this courtyard would change its policy.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:59 pm

I will stay at LM/elsewhere instead of this property just for their attitude towards platinums. lots of good value for money in REP. for those who do stay, i'd wait until i'm there, and when they deny me access, i'd seek compensation thru what's left of the platinum CS.

reading reviews, breakfast is overpriced for the market and $10 for 2 people isn't going to go very far. i'd spent no more than $10 and eat elsewhere. lots of mom and pop places that will be very happy to have our patronage.

resort... i swear if marriott bought motel 6, they'd rename 1/3 of them resorts to avoid giving benefits. i can see it: Motel 6 by Marriott West Oakland resort and spa (As a resort, our coffee and jelly roll lounge is not accessible to Platinum members)
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical

resort... i swear if marriott bought motel 6, they'd rename 1/3 of them resorts to avoid giving benefits. i can see it: Motel 6 by Marriott West Oakland resort and spa (As a resort, our coffee and jelly roll lounge is not accessible to Platinum members)
The location of this place could be West Oakland. Calling it a resort is an absolute travesty.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by porkie
Staying here in 3 days, preupgraded already to 80sqm Courtyard Suite. Hotel reached out and confirmed following plat benefits:

I have asked about lounge access and they replied that they do not provide it to platinum members, I have responded quoting the TOS and Marriott's lounge access factsheet. Will update as soon as I hear back from them.
How did your stay go porkie?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:09 pm

I would not say that the hotel really has a lounge — a bar would be a better description. I don’t believe that it is even open yet. While the hotel looks good, some things like the spa , lobby, lounge etc are not complete. One does benefit with lower prices, so I think there is pretty good value, and a fair trade off.

as to breakfasts, I have stayed at about forty four and five star hotels in Siem Reap, this hotel has the second best breakfast that I have seen after Park Hyatt .

as to resorts and their exclusion from four pm checkout , and courtyards offering ten dollars towards breakfast, that is not particular to this hotel or the management of this hotel. This is part of a pattern at Marriott, the result of which might be that they will permanently lose me, rather than see me complete the last leg or two towards lifetime platinum, and then stay another couple of decades.
i don’t care about either of those points, but Marriott has just about lost my trust.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jared Ito
as to resorts and their exclusion from four pm checkout , and courtyards offering ten dollars towards breakfast, that is not particular to this hotel or the management of this hotel. This is part of a pattern at Marriott, the result of which might be that they will permanently lose me, rather than see me complete the last leg or two towards lifetime platinum, and then stay another couple of decades.
i don’t care about either of those points, but Marriott has just about lost my trust.
As to the breakfast part, is there another courtyard in Asia that is not offering a full breakfast?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:04 pm

In the middle of my first of many five night stays with my family. The main purpose of these stays is to complete the requirements for lifetime platinum. I have stayed at about three dozen four and five star hotels in Siem Reap in the past — my family has a considerably less nice home in the countryside, I like being in the city sometimes, am a luxury hotel junky with an industry background.

This hotel should be a JW, is a bargain at current rates , excellent service, beautiful, great facilities, location is ok, it is one kilometer further from some things like pub street and old market, one kilometer closer to others such as the main ticket office for Angkor wat , and walking distance from the largest market, psar leu.

pity that marriot plays games with breakfasts at courtyards for platinums — the breakfast is very close to being the best in town, so worth paying something to get it. Resort I guess means the spa, pool, kids club, etc, again wish marriot had clearer rules about spas and convention centers.

i recommend staying at the hotel.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:49 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
In the middle of my first of many five night stays with my family. The main purpose of these stays is to complete the requirements for lifetime platinum. I have stayed at about three dozen four and five star hotels in Siem Reap in the past — my family has a considerably less nice home in the countryside, I like being in the city sometimes, am a luxury hotel junky with an industry background.

This hotel should be a JW, is a bargain at current rates , excellent service, beautiful, great facilities, location is ok, it is one kilometer further from some things like pub street and old market, one kilometer closer to others such as the main ticket office for Angkor wat , and walking distance from the largest market, psar leu.

pity that marriot plays games with breakfasts at courtyards for platinums — the breakfast is very close to being the best in town, so worth paying something to get it. Resort I guess means the spa, pool, kids club, etc, again wish marriot had clearer rules about spas and convention centers.

as as I understand it CY Phnom Penh is the same owner. Just tracked their email down via Facebook to find out if they are still opening in January and received a prompt reply confirming January 6 as official opening date. Hope the don’t deny breakfast or lounge access to plats. In the launch description on their website they state lounge access is available for to elite members. Will be interesting to see but will do a report after my stay hopefully in January
Old Nov 9, 2018, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fdem

as as I understand it CY Phnom Penh is the same owner. Just tracked their email down via Facebook to find out if they are still opening in January and received a prompt reply confirming January 6 as official opening date. Hope the don’t deny breakfast or lounge access to plats. In the launch description on their website they state lounge access is available for to elite members. Will be interesting to see but will do a report after my stay hopefully in January
I'd be curious if the Fairfield currently being built on Russian BLVD is the same company as well.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Staying here now for two nights

Two rooms for two nights.
​​​​​one too upgraded to suite

There is no lounger here so either there has been misinformation or it has been discontinued.

Will post more info and lots of photos .
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:50 am

I have gone ahead and booked for an upcoming trip. Not solely on your recommendation, but your comments have reinforced what I have read elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.