Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Int'l (outside USA) Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels internationally (outside of the US). It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Int'l (outside USA) Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
1) Fes / Morocco / Marriott Jnan Palace
2) No Lounge. Full breakfast in restaurant (free full)
3) See above
4) See above
5) 11-May-2018
Old May 22, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Was at the Frankfurt Marriott a couple of weekends ago. Weekend breakfast is in restaurant, but they do have evening snacks and drinks. Not the voucher that is mentioned here.

Was at Rotterdam Marriott last weekend, and the new M Lounge is open, but they are still offering the choice of breakfast in the lounge or the restaurant.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:47 am

* Cardiff / Marriott / OPEN Mon-Sat; CLOSED Sunday per website (presumably brekkie in restaurant on Sunday); Free wifi & i-net term+printer; 07/17 update

Just to update the above. The Lounge is open daily from 06:00 till midnight. Breakfast option available in the lounge daily.

Last edited by kilo; Jun 3, 2018 at 3:31 pm
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Venice Italy / AC Hotel Venezia

No lounge and Plats had to pay basically Half price for breakfast!

It was the first thing out of the FD mouth as I got one foot in the door. Breakfast not included! He said 10 Euro for plats instead of 18

10% off parking at the garage down the street. 32 Euro a day

Also, PAG was 200 pts or a drink coupon at the bar for both of us.
As of 6/2/18
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
* Toronto/Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre / CLOSED Weekends & Statuary Holidays / Lounge on ground floor; M-F take a tray to restaurant & get anything from buffet; Sat-Sun get coupons for cont'l brekkie in restaurant or $17 credit per person/$34 for 2 for anything on the menu; i-net terminals; 08/16 update

Slight amendment to this one – at the weekend the coupon is for the full buffet breakfast in the restaurant, not limited to continental only. I didn’t see any option for anything off the menu.

* London (Slough) / Heathrow/Windsor Marriott/ OPEN; key accessible; i-net terminal; no children under age 16 in lounge; lounge currently under renovation; Gold/Plats get free breakfast at the Cast Iron Restaurant. The front desk will provide a voucher for a drink.

Again, a slight amendment for this one. The renovations in the lounge are complete (although I can't say I noticed much/if any changes!). No drink vouchers. Breakfast either in the lounge or in the Cast Iron Restaurant.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:54 am

[QUOTE

* London (Slough) / Heathrow/Windsor Marriott/ OPEN; key accessible; i-net terminal; no children under age 16 in lounge; lounge currently under renovation; Gold/Plats get free breakfast at the Cast Iron Restaurant. The front desk will provide a voucher for a drink.
[/QUOTE]

Really? I was there earlier this year and they didn't serve the usual canapés and drinks Friday and Saturday night although the lounge was accessible for soft drinks from the fridge.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Some lounges in the UK don't do the drink/food over the weekend but are usually open for soft drinks.

Oh another thing to add for the Heathrow Windsor Marriott is you need to bring your own water bottle with you - there are no bottles in the lounge any more but a couple of taps (like a beer tap) that you can pour your own still/sparking water. Not exactly handy for those that have been travelling (like we were) and don't carry water bottles.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:30 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nequine

Oh another thing to add for the Heathrow Windsor Marriott is you need to bring your own water bottle with you - there are no bottles in the lounge any more but a couple of taps (like a beer tap) that you can pour your own still/sparking water. Not exactly handy for those that have been travelling (like we were) and don't carry water bottles.
'

As does the LHR Marriott. But they provide a small bottle of Evian in the room and say to refill that. Sometimes I found it easier to take a paper coffee cup and use that.

I have also seen this in the USA at the LAX Marriott. But, there they specifically provide empty glass bottles in the lounge and say to leave it in your room when you are done.

I suspect we are getting a little off topic for this thread.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:22 am

Rome Marriott Park Hotel Update June 29, 2018

• Hot food service in Executive Lounge from Sunday to Thursday from 5.30pm to 7.30pm
  • Snacks, not hot food service, provided on Friday and Saturday Evening
  • Breakfast in Restaurant on all days
Old Jul 24, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
The Hotel Arts Barcelona update

I just completed a 5 night stay at The Hotel Arts in Barcelona.. I was told that the Rewards Lounge referred to here no longer exists. Apparently it ceased operating about 2 years ago. My room reservation had club access which was wonderful (yet substantially pricier of course than non-club rooms) so I didn’t need the amenities of a Rewards Lounge myself this time, But I just thought I’d provide an update for future elites staying at this property.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:27 am

It will be interesting to see what changes will happen to the wiki after 18th August. There are a few posts regarding hotels who are currently up selling full breakfasts (see Ceres 7th June post). Will they still be allowed to do this I wonder? Marriott now says daily breakfast for elites at participating hotels, not daily continental breakfast.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: Mileageplus, Aadvantage
Update Renaissance Haikou Hotel, China

I remember people asking about the lounge in this hotel a while back. Yes, there are the usually hard liquor, red and white wines, and local beers.
The lounge opens 7 days a week from 2:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
2:30 pm - 5:30 pm: Afternoon tea, light snacks, sweets, and local fruits are provided.
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm: Happy hours, 4 to 5 entries, pizza, bread, and a variety of cheeses are provided.
7:30 pm -9:30 pm: Drinks remain available along with nuts, cookies, and fruits.
24-hour accessible with keycard for coffee, water, soda, and fruits.
This is one of the better lounges I have been to.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 9:30 am

Sindelfingen / Stuttgart Marriott Hotel Sindelfingen, Germany
Lounge now OPEN every day from 0530 until midnight.

Breakfast (Continental with scrambled eggs, usually) from 0600 until 1000 M-F, weekends 0700-1100

Snack "hour" 1730 - 1930 (not sure about weekends)

Alcoholic beverages 1730 - 2130

NOTE: The computer terminal has been removed from the lounge, but Wi-Fi still works if you bring your own device.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:17 pm

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
Lucerne Autograph Collection

Lucerne/Switzerland/ The Hotel Luzern, Autograph Collection
No Lounge-Continental breakfast + eggs in restaurant
August 2018
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Post #1 has been updated to include SPG properties based on info in SPG exec lounge thread.

If there are missing properties that is because they were not listed in the SPG thread. I'm scrambling to get the SPG properties added before 8/18, so not have time to visit every country/property website to see if there are some properties missing - aka, at the moment I'm relying on the SPG lounge thread for info.

If you know of SPG properties that aren't listed or have an update on the ones listed, please post in this sticky.

And as always, if you have updates on MAR properties please post that info as well. The MAR properties are up to date in terms of # of properties listed, but always need an update on lounge/breakfast situation.

Many thanks!

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Aug 14, 2018 at 2:31 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.