Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport

Stay Report - 7/22 - 7/23

Location: The hotel is located literally across Airport Road from the Asheville Airport, I believe it would be easily walkable from the terminal in fact, and 1000 feet from I-26. On the other side of the interstate are a number of chain restaurants. Downtown Asheville is a 15 mile drive and The Biltmore Estate about 18 miles.

Hotel: It was originally built in 1993 but has undergone extensive renovation. There's a nice lobby with sitting area and sundry store as well as the breakfast area. There's a fairly large indoor pool as well as a small outdoor fire pit. Parking is a little limited as the area around it has an offsite parking company and a restaurant but I still found a spot when I arrived at 10:30 PM.

Check In: Handled really well by a friendly agent who gave me two bottles of water and pretzels along with a letter thanking me for being Marriott Gold and explained how Wifi worked and what the breakfast hours were without asking.

Room: Very comfortable with outlets near the bed, a larger TV than expected, comfortable bed, good shower and a small desk. My only complaint is that even when using premium Wifi the Wifi was annoyingly slow.

Breakfast: Way more extensive than expected. Two kinds of sausage, scrambled eggs, cheese omelets, biscuits and gravy and a pancake machine plus cereal, breads, fruit and yogurt. Annoyingly the coffee wasn't replaced quickly though.

This is the only Category 5 hotel in Asheville which is how I ended up here. That said, it's actually quite good and while a bit of a drive from the sights, worth staying at if you're looking to save some money.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update w/ pics. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:13 pm

Thanks. I was looking at this hotel as a possibility for an eclipse trip(se). Asheville is pretty close to the epicenter line.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: Status Free
Ashevilles not that close. The NC epicenter is in Andrews. About 1.5-2 hrs from Asheville

although, at this date, it may be the closest lodging you can find. Not a lot of hotels west of Asheville. The furthest west Marriott location is a Fairfield inn in Cherokee

Last edited by ediemac1; Jul 24, 2017 at 8:50 pm Reason: added more detail

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.