Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Pattaya Resort & Spa - Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...esort-and-spa/

Opening September 2017. Cat 6.

"Stylish and vibrant interiors will wow guests at the 257-room Renaissance Pattaya Resort & Spa. Renaissance Pattaya will offer some of the city’s most comfortable accommodation, including chic Pool Villas and spacious Family Suites. Recreational facilities will include two outdoor swimming pools, a kids pool, kids club and a luxury spa. Inspirational gourmet choices will be available around the clock, as dining options at the resort are set to include 609 Kitchen for breakfast and all day feasting and speciality restaurant, Pebbles Bar and Grill, for fine cuts served alongside hand crafted beverages, created by an expert mixologist. R Bar will create a relaxing space in the lobby area, where guests can unwind and soak up the buzz of the resort."

* No exec lounge (won't know until property opens if they'll do anything for brekkie)
* 10 floors , 234 rooms , 23 suites
* Complimentary parking
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:21 am

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Calling that location "Pattaya" is quite a stretch.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by tai4de2
Calling that location "Pattaya" is quite a stretch.
Yeah, no kidding.
That is Sattahip - 20 KM from Pattaya.

And starting off as a Cat 6 for redemptions???

Unless it includes some amazing, pristine beach access, can't ever see myself booking this.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
The further from Pattaya the better...
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
The further from Pattaya the better...
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Received an announcement of official opening of this property today, but with it really not being in Pattaya but on the other side of the hill, no Lounge, and with it being a Cat 6 resort so basically no benefits and with opening rates above Thb4200++ I'll drive the extra 45 minutes and be returning to Hua Hin and/or Rayong Marriott if I want a day, or more, at the beach (like next week in Hua Hin for 4-nights)
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Location is absolutely ridiculous! Looks like they invited a person who chosen Shanghai locations for IHG. And yeah, cat. 6 is a joke.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:54 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Former staff at the old Pattaya Marriott have switched here and tell me they’re needing to learn Mandarin due to the heavy clientele (with direct flights into Pattaya from the mainland bypassing BKK) !

Originally Posted by barracuda93
Location is absolutely ridiculous! Looks like they invited a person who chosen Shanghai locations for IHG. And yeah, cat. 6 is a joke.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:15 am

Just finished a stay here for the xmas holidays.

Horrible location - took me multiple tries to call an uber to go to pattaya. Most taxis from Pattaya demanded 300 BHT + to take me back to the hotel.

Because they call themselves a "resort", no complimentary breakfast or lounge for Plat. members. The breakfast was disappointing - no fresh juice and the choices were bland. I recall the breakfast being 600 BHT per person.

Their beach is empty, which is a plus, but water still looks dirty.

I would not come back.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Horrible location was a known thing (you may take a songtheo along Sukhumvit for something like 20 THB, I think, but it's a pain and a long ride), but crappy treatment for Plat members is surprising. Service in Thailand is generally good and properties tend to go a bit further than required. Wonder how it survives with all this: extremely high prices, bad service and the worst possible location.
CJKatl and happygolucky_nomad like this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Originally Posted by myko85
Just finished a stay here for the xmas holidays.

Horrible location - took me multiple tries to call an uber to go to pattaya. Most taxis from Pattaya demanded 300 BHT + to take me back to the hotel.

Because they call themselves a "resort", no complimentary breakfast or lounge for Plat. members. The breakfast was disappointing - no fresh juice and the choices were bland. I recall the breakfast being 600 BHT per person.

Their beach is empty, which is a plus, but water still looks dirty.

I would not come back.
I paid THB 350 (Uber or Grab) to get from Renaissance to the city last week.

Agree that the breakfast is nothing fantastic. There were fresh juices but very limited selection(I think 3 or 4 fruits only but no apple, orange, pear etc), sometimes they ran out of fruits.

During my check-in, I asked whether there is any upgrade to suite for Platinum member and the guy said that the hotel is fully booked. Then I checked Marriott website and it shows that there is suite available for the duration of my stay. I showed him that I can book the suite and then he made a phone call. Miraculously, he found a suite for me.

Will I return to this hotel? Probably not.
myko85 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the recent updates, which just confirms my initial thoughts. No way would I book here.

Still lamenting the loss of the Marriott Pattaya....
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Thanks for the recent updates, which just confirms my initial thoughts. No way would I book here.

Still lamenting the loss of the Marriott Pattaya....
Would you stay in the hotel now that it's an Avani? The Hilton even though it's a tower without the garden pool and nice common areas? Somewhere else?

It seems that prices have gone way up now that it's an Avani. Previously, the free UG to a Jr Suite, the CL and being able to walk everywhere from the room made it more than worth the under $100/night it usually cost. Now that room would cost almost $250/night, which is not worth it IMO. I've always liked the Pattaya noise for a day or two, but haven't found a solution I like yet. Suggestions?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Have you considered going the apartment route? VT6 has some nice pads and almost all are under US$100.00 a night.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agreed - I don't think the Avani is worth the price they are asking, at least compared to other options in Pattaya.

The Marriott was great for using Cat 1-5 certs from Vacation packages, which is what I miss the most. Hilton is a great location, but I don't participate in Hilton program.

I have been looking at View Talay 6 as an alternative. Great location. I have stayed in VT2 several times. Very good accommodations for the price, but a bit location challenged.
Might try VT6 next.

The Marriott Pattaya really shined on all levels. Location, service, and reward program redemptions.
CJKatl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.