Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Omaha Marriott Downtown at the Capitol District

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Omaha Marriott Downtown at the Capitol District

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
Thanks for the comprehensive review. This looks like a really nice property and a great additional option for the area. It appears that the 'new room design' doesn't include any drawers and I personally don't find the new chaise lounges to be practical or comfortable. I guess Marriott wants people to live out of suitcases and not stay long.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:19 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta, AMEX Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Thanks for the review! I'm booked here for the CWS later this month, actually. My last time here I stayed at the Magnolia, but it's nice having a new modern hotel that hopefully has better air con!
Glad my review could help! If you don't mind me asking, what was your average nightly rate during the CWS? Hotel prices are usually astronomical so I'd imagine this one would be pretty penny.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Armani
Thanks for the comprehensive review. This looks like a really nice property and a great additional option for the area. It appears that the 'new room design' doesn't include any drawers and I personally don't find the new chaise lounges to be practical or comfortable. I guess Marriott wants people to live out of suitcases and not stay long.
Thanks! I'd like to add that the Capitol District is now complete so there isn't anymore construction around the property. Like you said, the 'new room design' looks sleek but I also think it could be a little more practical.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 5:42 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by PassengerPoldberg
Glad my review could help! If you don't mind me asking, what was your average nightly rate during the CWS? Hotel prices are usually astronomical so I'd imagine this one would be pretty penny.
I used points (30K/night). Rates were $459 if I remember correctly.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin

I used points (30K/night). Rates were $459 if I remember correctly.
Good call! I'm surprised they had any award space available.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist;Bonvoy Lifetime Titan ; Hilton DIA (amex); AA Plat
Stayed there last week during CWS as well, on award stay. Hotel was fantastic. Modern, comfortable lobby (great leather chairs).

Concierge Lounge was the nicest visually appealing one I have encountered. Corner room, glass walls, leather seats, incredible staff.

Black suburban picks you up from the airport.

Bonus- attended 2pm game last day and had to go straight to the airport in the middle of it. Staff picked me up outside the stadium, bringing my bags!

Highly recommend.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by I 40
Stayed there last week during CWS as well, on award stay. Hotel was fantastic. Modern, comfortable lobby (great leather chairs).

Concierge Lounge was the nicest visually appealing one I have encountered. Corner room, glass walls, leather seats, incredible staff.

Black suburban picks you up from the airport.

Bonus- attended 2pm game last day and had to go straight to the airport in the middle of it. Staff picked me up outside the stadium, bringing my bags!

Highly recommend.
I'm glad to hear the service didn't suffer during the CWS. Hope you enjoyed your stay in Omaha!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by PassengerPoldberg
Thanks! I'd like to add that the Capitol District is now complete so there isn't anymore construction around the property. Like you said, the 'new room design' looks sleek but I also think it could be a little more practical.
Construction is in full swing. This photo is from July 12 2019.

Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:06 am

Any update to this property? How's breakfast offering now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.