Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Pre-Merger: Anyone have stays/points not posting?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Merger: Anyone have stays/points not posting?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by portland67
Anyone else having stays not post since 8/1? I'm not sure if this is due to the merger.
I had a checkout on 7/25 that didn't post, waited the 10 days and submitted the online request, still didn't post and finally had to call this AM. Representative said the points would be posted immediately, but the stay credit would take a day or two. Still not seeing the points 2 hours later.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: United Gold, Marriott Gold
Checkout from Santo Domingo Renaissance was August 2nd, nothing posted as of this morning. Not good.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:34 pm

I am not getting any of my platinum elite welcome points posting! Chalk it up to the merger
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Marriott15
I am not getting any of my platinum elite welcome points posting! Chalk it up to the merger
​​​​​​Haven't had any of those for a few weeks now.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by portland67
Anyone else having stays not post since 8/1? I'm not sure if this is due to the merger.
I'm missing three stays, from three different hotels (check-out date):
  • Chicago Renaissance Downtown (7/30/18)
  • Waukegan Courtyard (7/31/18)
  • Grand Rapids Airport SpringHill Suites (8/1/18)
Waited until the 10 mark for each stay submitted the missing stay request through Marriott.com, as well as attached a copy of the folio.

Also, sent an email to Marriott on 8/9/18 - still have not heard back about anything.

Last edited by SFOrunner; Aug 13, 2018 at 2:57 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Add me to the list of "recent stay hasn't posted."

It's like the whole MR and SPG programs are frozen right now.
Originally Posted by Marriott15
With these FFP mergers, usually stuff doesn't fall apart until they've actually merged.

This is a very bad sign.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by Kacee
Add me to the list of "recent stay hasn't posted."...
Me too.

I'm saving screenshots of my account status, number of nights, points, recent activity, etc., to compare with post merger data when it appears. I'm not feeling very trusting right now.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:58 pm

Add me to the list of "recent stay hasn't posted."

It's like the whole MR and SPG programs are frozen right now.

With these FFP mergers, usually stuff doesn't fall apart until they've actually merged.

This is a very bad sign.
And this is how they lose business....stayed with Hilton last night simply so I didn't have to worry about hunting them down for my points or stay credit.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:26 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I'm at 6 days now since a recent stay (Marriott San Diego Gaslamp)... nada. Double checked the folio from checkout to make sure my # was on there and correct; it was. I had the correct benefits on-site, so it was clear they had my account during the stay.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Me too.

I'm saving screenshots of my account status, number of nights, points, recent activity, etc., to compare with post merger data when it appears. I'm not feeling very trusting right now.

Good idea! For people that are looking to attain the Ambassador status of 100 nights stayed and 20k spent, I made a excel spread sheet that has the Date of the stay, Hotel name, base rate for both Marriott and Starwood stays. Took me about 45 mins but I don't want to get screwed! This way once the two accounts merge you can go back through for this year and check them off!
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by LRMErnst
I'm missing three stays, from three different hotels (check-out date):
  • Chicago Renaissance Downtown (7/30/18)
  • Waukegan Courtyard (7/31/18)
  • Grand Rapids Airport SpringHill Suites (8/1/18)
Waited until the 10 mark for each stay submitted the missing stay request through Marriott.com, as well as attached a copy of the folio.

Also, sent an email to Marriott on 8/9/18 - still have not heard back about anything.
Just got an email from [email protected]...

They credited me with a three night stay at one of the properties. They also addressed me as "Richard" in the email, and my name is not Richard. So I'm not sure if I received credit for "Richard's" three night stay, or if they're continuing to spiral out of control, or if this was a pity credit...
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
They credited me with a three night stay at one of the properties. They also addressed me as "Richard" in the email, and my name is not Richard. So I'm not sure if I received credit for "Richard's" three night stay, or if they're continuing to spiral out of control, or if this was a pity credit...
At least they didn't call you "Dick."
goodeats21 and SFOrunner like this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:59 pm

At least they didn't call you "Dick."
lollll, yes, at least!!!
Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Better than the email I received this morning....three times/three attempts:

"Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
[email protected]
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending your message later, or contact the recipient directly."

Just got an email from [email protected]...

Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:54 am

None of my Marriott, Ritz, Fairfield and Autograph stays since 20 July have posted automatically, each time have to request manual credit. If it’s an emailed statement, someone would reply and do so within 24 hours. But if it’s a scanned statement, it’ll take longer for someone to pick it up and regularise the credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.