Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Pre-Merger: Anyone have stays/points not posting?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Merger: Anyone have stays/points not posting?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2016, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, IHG Platinum, National Executive
This is completely anecdotal, but I find that different MR brands post points at different rates. Fairfield Inns always seem to post quickly and fairly accurately. Marriotts and Autograph Collections seem to be slower and are the ones I've had problems with in terms of accuracy.

I've only had to file a missing points form once this year for an airport Marriott, 20 days and no points. Took about 1 week to post the points.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 7:16 pm

I've had multiple missed Platinum Arrival Gift (PAG) bonus points over the last few months. They have all been promptly credited upon calling the hotel and/or Marriott. Before that, everything for the year had posted perfectly.

I wish there was an automatic bonus granted when properties don't post the PAG points when selected. Or some way that you could get a one-time use scannable PAG points code at check-in for self-entry on the Marriott app/Marriott.com. I shouldn't have to waste time tracking down 500 points.

I often wonder how many non-FT travelers don't even realize that they got shorted points. With most of the nice hotels in a semi-decent location up to Category 7+ these days, every point helps.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
Missing points for closed lounge and gold bonus

I just became Marriott Gold, and about a week and a half ago I spent two nights (Fri + Sat) at the Portland Marriott City Center and had a great time.

Anyway, at check in, I was informed that the lounge is closed on weekends and would I like a breakfast voucher for the restaurant or some points (I can't remember how many, maybe 500 or 750). I opted for the points and they typed something into the computer.

Anyway, I received the regular points (converted to United miles - 2*dollars spent), but there is no sign of the points I was offered for the closed lounge and I just realized I didn't get my 25% gold bonus either.

I am wondering if the issue is that I have my account set up for miles earning, so the points are immediately converted to United miles. Do I not get bonus points in that case, or do bonus points take longer to process?

Thanks.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/miles.mi

If you're set up to earn miles, then you don't get any points.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
Thanks, I figured that might be the case.

I used to be hotel agnostic so it didn't make sense to collect points, so I took the miles. Since I think I'll start using Marriott, I've switched to points for future stays.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Likely a much better strategy given the earning rates.

Also, I'm not a big breakfast person but the points are a pittance compared to the cost of any F&B at a hotel so I try to at least get up in time to hit the buffet for items I can carry out for later in the day.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: Marriott , United, Delta, Priority Club
Anyone have stays/points not posting?

Greetings all. Is anyone else having delays in points posting the past couple of weeks? I am a lifetime plat, and usually stays post after 2-3 days. Last week I checked out of Marriott hotels on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Yes, my territory is wide so this happens to me frequently. Anyway, not one of those stays has posted yet. Anyone else having this problem the past week or so?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mclymerne
Greetings all. Is anyone else having delays in points posting the past couple of weeks? I am a lifetime plat, and usually stays post after 2-3 days. Last week I checked out of Marriott hotels on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Yes, my territory is wide so this happens to me frequently. Anyway, not one of those stays has posted yet. Anyone else having this problem the past week or so?
Yes, basically the same situation (7+ day delay now) - and the last stay was needed for my MB promo.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Going on 8+ days since my last 2 night stay at a FS Marriott, and still nothing has posted. Something is definitely up, since for the past 3 years stays have reliably posted 48 hours after checkout.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:22 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
I'm in the same boat with my account and my lifetime points are also way off.

My stays ending on the 7th have still not posted...
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond for life, Bonvoy Titanium for Life, Delta Million Miler, Delta Platinum
Checked out on the 12th. No credit as of just now
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:48 am

Same Here

Multiple stays last week and nothing has posted. Took a new job and changed the way I was booking and thought maybe that was it, but seems to be more widespread.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Lifetime points are not posting. Clearly, IT is having major problems right now.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-updating.html
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: Marriott , United, Delta, Priority Club
Thanks-- glad it's just not me. Fyi all my reservations were made through my account on marriott.com. It is clearly an internal issue. Another day with no activity and I may call them for an update.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Same here. Checked out on the 13th and still nothing. I typically get the email receipt and points two days after checkout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.