Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Pre-Merger: Anyone have stays/points not posting?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Merger: Anyone have stays/points not posting?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 6:28 am

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
just faxed a missing stay request this morning to 801-468-4033

no issues
Old Jul 6, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Marriott Vacation Club
No problems calling them. This guy (Mel) even managed to solve a tricky issue I had over the email.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 4:54 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Not to belabor the point, BUT

OP back once more. Tried the fax number repeatedly this morning. Always busy. Called the 801 voice number & after 24 minutes on hold (I was doing some computer work with one ear cocked to the speaker phone), I finally got a human being. Explained problem (fax documentation of missing stay), was given an alternative fax number, said "thanks very much". Figured that this would work, but Noooooooo! The alternative number was just as busy as the regular number. And so this has continued well into the afternoon. This is getting to be a (bad) joke. User friendly? NOT!!!
Old Jul 6, 2011, 5:49 pm

Just got off the phone. One hour on hold before I hung up. That's the gold reward line. Very poor service.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 6:33 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Do they have an e-mail address as an alternative to the fax #? It seems like it would be must easier for most people to scan and e-mail their missing credit requests. (I actually find it surprising when companies still request that people fax information in.)
Old Jul 6, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Why are you guys faxing the requests? Are these stays that are not being credited to your stays? Is this a common occurrance?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 7:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by living near shamu
Why are you guys faxing the requests? Are these stays that are not being credited to your stays? Is this a common occurrance?
People are faxing them in because Marriott asks that you fax in folios for stays that didn't post. Seems to happen more often with international properties than domestic - or at least with me.

I have to fax in 2 stays from early/mid-June that didn't post. Two dif stays at the same property; the 3rd stay did post though. I also had a problem w/ this property last autumn & the stay not posting. Luckily I like the property & they're great w/ upgrades; otherwise I'd be more cranky.

But not thrilled about possibly running into the hold or line is busy thing.

Cheers.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Data point: 11:15am, 07/07/11. Just faxed missing folios; Marriott's fax line picked up on 2nd ring.

Cheers.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by dw
Do they have an e-mail address as an alternative to the fax #? It seems like it would be must easier for most people to scan and e-mail their missing credit requests. (I actually find it surprising when companies still request that people fax information in.)
Yes. There is already a thread on this topic at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...uggestion.html
Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:35 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I just called and waited on hold for about 2 minutes and the JW Ihilani front desk was able to fax my Waikiki Marriott folio straight away.

When I was on the phone the CSR said they had been swamped. When I asked why, he said they had a system wide glitch and points didn't post for stays that had checkout dates between June 28 and July 1. He thinks they are at the tail end of the surge and that call load seems to be subsiding.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
I just called and waited on hold for about 2 minutes and the JW Ihilani front desk was able to fax my Waikiki Marriott folio straight away.

When I was on the phone the CSR said they had been swamped. When I asked why, he said they had a system wide glitch and points didn't post for stays that had checkout dates between June 28 and July 1. He thinks they are at the tail end of the surge and that call load seems to be subsiding.
that is the date range for my missing stay. hopefully it will post in the next couple of days
Old Jul 8, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
I always email a scan of my bill to elite dot member at marriott dot com and stays have always posted within a day or two.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:28 pm

Points not posted

I stayed at a Fairfield on July 26 for 3 nights. My points still have not posted. I submitted a form to request my points 3 days ago and I still have not had them post. How long should I wait before I call?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:57 pm

Send the folio to MR. They will adjust this stay soon.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:30 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I personally never blind fax anything to Marriott. My experience is that the chance of the fax getting "lost" is much higher when you do that. Now, I always call MR get the name of a CSR and then fax it in with an Attention to the CSR. I haven't had a "lost" fax since I started doing that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.