Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Pre-Merger: Anyone have stays/points not posting?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Merger: Anyone have stays/points not posting?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2002, 2:00 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rmccamy:
Has anyone else noticed a deterioration in the methods/processes Marriott uses to post points? Have you had to make a lot of calls to Marriott to get credited after-the-fact?
</font>
Have I! I'm having lots of problems with my account, and not getting much help from MR.

Item: Stays in Europe that routinely don't show up for months! Usually they do in the end, but in the interim you may not get benefits you've earned. In one case of a 2-week stay that didn't post for three months, I was really a Gold, but the program still showed me as Silver so I didn't get the benefits until my account got over the 50 nights based on other stays.

Item: The dollar value (on stays outside the US) is in some cases way off. Not talking about a percent or two (slight variations in exchange rate) or taxes. They are clearly using an incorrect exchange rate (like using one for a different currency entirely).

Item: Stayed at one property during the "double double" promotion, paid with VISA card (Marriott VISA, as a matter of fact), didn't get the double points or double nights but did get the 3-point-per-dollar bonus for using the MR VISA card. Still fighting that one, too.

Item: To top it all off, I had one stay of 11 nights that MR for unknown reasons insists on crediting for only eight nights. I've faxed the folio (twice) to no avail. The MR person (same one each time, or else they all use a common "pen name") asked me to ask the hotel to fax confirmation of the eleven-night stay; the hotel assures me they have done so, twice in fact, and even showed me copies of the fax. MR lady insists she hasn't received any of them at all, and doesn't even respond to requests that she contact the hotel.

Fortunately, most of my experiences have been pleasant, but the ones that have not have really eroded the good will generated by the ones that have.
Old Apr 24, 2002, 6:50 am
GG

Until recently, Marriott did a great job of tracking and posting points and stays (less than .1% errors over the years, and yes the decimal point is deliberate). But lately we too have had problems.

Our European stays have posted late at times, but they have all shown up, correct as far as I can tell. All our problems seem to go back to individual domestic hotels, most notably the Philadelphia Marriott and the Fairfield Inn South in Austin. But so far we've had very good luck getting those things fixed through Customer Service.

The CSRs we've dealt with have been men in each case, TUFBEAR, so I don't agree that if a man answers, hang up!

But, Counsellor, they don't use the same phone name, so if you've gotten the same person more than once and have had unsatisfactory results, maybe you should try for someone else, or perhaps ask to speak to a supervisor. Are you having to call the US for this?

I had about decided that a few problems bunched together was just a coincidence, but from all these reports, they do seem to need to pay attention here.

------------------
The Delta Flyers' Guide
E-mail on the Flyers' Guide site
Old Apr 24, 2002, 8:42 am
TUFBEAR

In my opinion, this is not a big deal.
I always get my points credited, but lately there have been more delays & problems than usual. Probably with the double-double and extended time to qualify (3-31-02) they have been swamped.
On domestics not credited by the third call they will sometimes call the hotel directly while you are on hold. On internationals you're on your own. If the correct exchange rate from foreign to U.S. doesn't give you the correct points, you will need to fax your credit card statement to them. Then they'rs a little problem of taxs, etc. that must be deducted. If you used a Visa, you may need to start over to get those doubles posted.
The reason I threw in the "if it's a male voice" thing was to see how many posts it would take to get a response. Answer?-3. It doesn't matter if Daffey Duck answers you're probably gonna need to call & fax stuff twice, period. It appears that some people (mostly domestics) have been luckier than others, so there is no reason to come to the rescue of Marriot, they are big "boys & girls" with a stock price around 45. What ever they are doing seems to be working. Marriott is our hotel of choice, and always will be, so as that famous statesman Rodney King once stated, "Can't we all just get along?"

Old May 8, 2002, 5:19 pm

Location: MCI. AA Plat, UA PrmEx., Mrrtt Gold, Hz Pres.Circle, HHonors Gold
Update on my missing points:
- After a series of emails back and forth to various people in various organizations, I finally got an email 2 weeks ago saying "Your points will post in 4-6 weeks." I wrote back reminding them that IT HAD ALREADY BEEN THREE FREAKING MONTHS. They wrote back saying "we can't expedite it any further." Today, the points posted. This experience has convinced me of one thing: I will never buy a Marriott Timeshare, now that I know how well customer service takes care of you.

- Visa sign-up bonus points: still waiting...
Old May 9, 2002, 2:04 am

They still haven't gotten my Asia trip points and stays correct, after three faxes, two different csrs. I suppose I have to call again and try all over again, but is it worth all that to me? At some point you have to say that your time is more important than all this, since other programs obviously want my business much more than Marriott does.

-David
Old May 10, 2002, 12:47 pm

Interim report:

Logged on (to make yet another reservation) and noticed that many of my issues from October and November had finally been addressed. To be specific, I had received the "missing" points (30% plat bonus instead of 20% silver bonus) and the currency conversion rates had been fixed. Also, my European stays are now posting inside a week from check-out. Great!

Still have the missing nights credit to work out. Oh well, at least it's improving.
Old May 10, 2002, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rmccamy:
- Visa sign-up bonus points: still waiting...</font>
rmccamy,

You just have to keep bugging them about it. I had the same problem, and it took months to finally get the bonus.
Old May 10, 2002, 3:46 pm

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
Took 3 months to get the Visa double credit from Renaissance Paris - La Defense

Presently have a stay from Renaissance Tokyo (Tobu Ginza) which is almost a month old now.

------------------
AA member since 1981
Old May 12, 2002, 5:19 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
I had to claim the stays from some hotels regularly (always the same hotels). I collected the bills/copies for several stays and sent them to Marriott. A few days later the points showed up.

Today I wanted to sent my usual pack of bills/copies. I did a last check of my Marriott account before sending the copies and noticed that nothing was missing (including all hotels that didn't show up automatically until now)! Well done, Marriott. A big improvement.

------------------
You needn't be mad to board a plane.
Old May 12, 2002, 12:36 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Points for the Renaissance Fort Worth did not post automatically. Also the 1,000 points a night bonus at the Toronto Renaissance has not posted for my 8 nights there !! The standard points posted fine though.

I don't have much problems with Marriott, but Starwood is another matter.
Old Jun 21, 2002, 8:19 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Alright.. so this is getting very frustrating. I have had to fax a copy of my bill for EVERY but one stay since May 3rd to get them to post. Thats 12 stays until June 7th. Since then I have had 5 additional stays which haven't posted yet either (of which 1 was just 2 days ago, so I don't expect that to post yet). I also had to email a person at Marriott several times regarding a 1,000 point per night bonus at the Toronto Renaissance. Since I had 4 stays there, it got a little frustrating.

In the past this was seldom an issue. Points would post 95% or greater of the time. Now its just the opposite. They post maybe 5% of the time automatically. With so many stays missing, its time consuming just to keep track of the missing stays.

Is anyone else having the same problem?
Old Jun 22, 2002, 4:58 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
I've never had any problems with MR points posting, except for *one* property - Renaissance Riverside Saigon. It has rarely ever posted, I always have to send a fax to Australia to trigger it. They post the points very efficiently, but it still does drive me crazy because I stay at that property almost once a month and rack up very high bills due to the international calls to my corporate network. I've even tried faxing the hotel to have them post the points, but they would rather spend the money to fax me the invoices....
Old Jun 24, 2002, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
A four day stay at the Parc 55 Renaissence in San Francisco costing over $1200 posted as a one day stay for a total of 19 (yes, nineteen!) points. Three faxes and three phone calls got credit for most of it, but no Silver bonus as yet. And whoever mentioned that they seemed like they were doing you a favor by giving you the credit was dead on!
Old Jun 24, 2002, 6:12 pm

A month since my visit around Memorial Day weekend, I'm still waiting on my Renaissance Paris stay to post, and that stay would have qualified for the recent two-free-weekend-nights promo.

This is my 3rd time to fax the bill over to the CSR, but now I'm mentioning the recent promo. Hope it takes this time around.
Old Jun 24, 2002, 6:37 pm
Original Member

Location: UA UGS 1K; US Chairman: AA Platinum: Marriott Platinum Premier; *wood Gold
100% of my US stays (about 150)have posted over the past two years.

25% of my Canadian stays have posted (2 of 8).

About 50% of my Hertz rentals have posted. I have found that it is next to impossible to get missing Hertz points posted. I don't even bother trying anymore. If they don't post the first time I just give up. No point in spending time just to get no response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.