Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Pre-Merger: Anyone have stays/points not posting?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Merger: Anyone have stays/points not posting?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2003, 10:48 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

not a real missing stay, only some points ....

I stayed at the Frankfurt Marriott on the first August weekend and was quite impressed as this stay was in my MR account only a couple of days later – but only 74 point (+ bonus). Booking the VISA Promotion I paid 79 EUR / room. After an E-Mail to MR it shows, that the room was only 7,4 US-$, but my Credit Card bill shows still 79,00 EUR (+ restaurant + parking). So I have again to send a fax to MR with the bill etc.

But I am still hoping (I would also be nice if the room rate is reduced to 7,90 EUR / night )

Edited to point out, that I checked my account today an voilá, the correct number of points are posted. Good work, Marriott

[This message has been edited by FLYGVA (edited 08-18-2003).]
Old Aug 18, 2003, 9:39 am

Wailea Marriott Outrigger---no upgrade (nor breakfast coupon in lieu of), and NO points for an 8 night stay in May. Never there again!

------------------
AA 3MM, AA EXP, MR Gold
Old Aug 18, 2003, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Aug 20, 2003, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Aug 30, 2003, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
I'm sure that socrates is tired of hearing my problems, but I've got another one. About two months ago I had a problem getting ANY satisfaction with the Scranton, PA FI concerning the Plat gift. (ended up getting a check for $25 ) I haven't been back to a Marriott property since as I am tired of the treatment, or lack there of, of Plats. But back on that trip to PA, after my stay in Scraton I went to the Bethlehem/Allentown, PA FI. Decent property but my points never posted. Had to track down a receipt (already turned in to my acct. payable dept) and fax it along with the missing stay request to MR. Did all that two weeks ago and it just posted!! Then I realized the points hadn't posted, they had been DEDUCTED and to top it off, my stays for the year was REDUCED by one night. Bottom line, "Why don't MR points post?", because it is not a priority to make sure this happens. Otherwise there would not be a problem. NO OTHER HOTEL CHAIN HAS THIS PROBLEM. NO OTHER CHAIN!
Old May 10, 2004, 9:31 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

A question for the Marriott Concierge?

I am still missing two stays of the Courtyards in DUS (one nearly two month ago). Staying in this properties, I have every time to do a "Missing Stay Request".

Why do some stays show up in the account some days after the stay and other never?

Is there anything, one could do while staying there.
Old May 10, 2004, 9:47 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
How much of a time lapse should there be before a stay is considered missing? A stay from two weeks ago could be nothing to some people, but an eternity to others.
Old May 12, 2004, 9:37 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Originally Posted by DavidDTW
How much of a time lapse should there be before a stay is considered missing? A stay from two weeks ago could be nothing to some people, but an eternity to others.
DavidDTW,

As long as you provide your Marriott Rewards number when making reservations and your stay qualifies for credit, it can take up to 10 business days from the time of check out for it to post in our system. For international stays it can take up to 4 weeks from the time of check out to post.Once the stays have posted in your account they will update to your online account summary 24-48 later.

We do appreciate your patience in these matters. And if you see a problem with any of your stays at a particular property not posting, I would recommend you contact our Marriott Guest Services office. The number is listed on the back of your card. They will be happy to research any stays in question.

Sincerely,
Old May 12, 2004, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA-exp, 4MM, MR-plat, Hertz-PC, WN-CP
Originally Posted by kiwibigdave
Marriott Amsterdam - never. Have always had to complete a missing stay request

Rennaissance Amsterdam - always.
FYI. We have never had a problem with Amsterdam Marriott points posting. Been staying there for several years, at least 5 times a year.
Old Jun 17, 2004, 11:32 pm
Suspended

Exclamation Missing Platinum Amenity 500 MR Points

Dear Chris,

Since you have opined on one question on this thread, I have another.

I think it unfair that not only I, but certainly it seems others constantly have to call to have our bonus points taken in lieu of the amenity to post.

In my case, the property constantly either refuses or forgets to advise MR to post my amenity bonus points.

Last time I had an extensive phone conversation with the Front Office Manager concerning this issue -- which, of course, he now forgets.

You can take a look at my profile and stay history and you will see that my point totals from stays at that property are constantly being amended to add the missing 500 points.

My beef -- I think that the property ought to be penalized the $100.00 in this instance, if not all the others, because it is impossible for me to complain about my not receiving the missing points before checkout because:

1). The folio never indicates whether you are coded to receive this bonus or not, and therefore, we are in the dark about that; and

2). We only learn if the points are missing when our stays post, which certainly is after checkout from the property.

What is the point of promising the "amenity" on the day of your arrival -- essentially the Marriott T & C -- if you have to chase after it to have it posted all the time.

In this circumstance, the rules are being circumvented and since this is to obligate the hotel to treat its Elite guests well, this particular hotel, but also others, are giving short shrift to the spirit of the guarrantee.

If we are not to receive the bonus points, I think that at the very least, the hotel that fails to notify MR to post those bonus points ought to be penalized by having to fork over another 500 points -- for a total of 1,000 points to be awarded to the account missing the initial bonus points.

Kindly provide your response ASAP.

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------

Edited to Add --

I have spoken to the Front Office Manager of the property in question, and he graciously decided to provide me a generous compensation in points for my troubles.

He will be asking Marriott for a solution to this problem, but I still think that a penalty of some kind is warranted if the hotel does not properly post these bonus points, and would appreciate a response from you, Chris.

Thanks,

NJ

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Jun 18, 2004 at 9:40 am
Old Jun 21, 2004, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA PLT, HH Diamond, SPG PLT, MR PLT, Hertz 5*
Marriott Financial Center (NYC)

I have been staying at the MFC NYC for the past 6 weeks and even after mentioning the problem to the GM, I still have to call to get my points posted, and then call again to get my plat bonus points . I think I'll send them a bill for my hours, at $225 an hour, maybe I'll get some of the free nights that I would have earned in points.

J
Old Jun 21, 2004, 11:58 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

[QUOTE=NJUPINTHEAIR]

NJ,

I have passed this information on to my superiors and I want to assure you that we do appreciate your feedback and suggestions!

Sincerely,
Old Apr 5, 2005, 8:20 pm

How much time to resolve points issue?

Is there a cut off on disputing missing points? I have a stay from August that I faxed in documentation on in October and never got a response. I refaxed this week and also mailed in hard copy. Am I past the cutoff for trying to get these points? I wouldn't push so now if it wasn't during a double points promo that would have netted me 20,000+ points and be enough to put me over the top for a Hawaii hopper reward.
Cindi
Old Apr 6, 2005, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I have never had a dispute over a missing stay drag on for that long, but I am unaware of a time limit. In my long experience with Marriott Rewards, they'll fix anything at any time if you have adequate documentation. They have never imposed rigid restrictions on me, and I suspect they don't do that to anybody.

Bruce
Old Apr 6, 2005, 7:03 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by cndij
Is there a cut off on disputing missing points? I have a stay from August that I faxed in documentation on in October and never got a response. I refaxed this week and also mailed in hard copy. Am I past the cutoff for trying to get these points? I wouldn't push so now if it wasn't during a double points promo that would have netted me 20,000+ points and be enough to put me over the top for a Hawaii hopper reward.
Cindi
You have a PM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.