Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bathroom amenities in Marriott Brand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bathroom amenities in Marriott Brand

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:39 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Marriott new bath amenities this works

Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by teo1991
Had them before at a Radisson Blu and thought they summed up the Radisson Blu brand very well - it worked as shower gel and that was about the most interesting thing I could say about it. Would consider it a downgrade if it replaced Thann in Asia, although I note a lot of people seem to hate Thann so might not mind the change. Didn't really have much in the way of fragrance if I remember correctly.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
although I note a lot of people seem to hate Thann so might not mind the change. Didn't really have much in the way of fragrance if I remember correctly.
Count me amongst those who hate Thann - primarily due to the strong fragrance. I'm not really into smelling like orange & tangerine.

Cheers.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:22 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by 466SHH
And those Bliss products smell great. Love them.
I adore the Bliss products. Even if they're wall-mounted, it's great to enjoy them on lower-priced Aloft stays as well.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Lately the JWs I have been in (in the last year) they have different brands (Bangalore, KL, Seoul or London) all good quality and nice aroma. Whereas Marriott the same Thann things which aren't great.
I love the Renaissance Aveda products or the W Bliss ones.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
I am partial to the W Bliss products and Le Meridien Malin + Goetz
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by uscjeff
I am partial to the W Bliss products and Le Meridien Malin + Goetz
I don't like the Malin & Goetz, feel cheap quality.

​​​​​
Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
As previously discussed in the Thann thread, I quite like the real Thann products, but the Marriott versions are cheaper knockoffs, so I'm not going to miss them that much. I agree with lost_in_translation on This Works at Radisson -- they are at best unremarkable, though from the PR it sounds like the ingredients might be better quality.

This presumably means that Marriott will stop carrying Thann via ShopMarriott, but it looks like Thann have finally developed a decent US presence, which carries more/all of the collections, not just Aromatic Wood (the one Marriott uses).

I wonder what this means for Europe. When Marriott switched from Bath & Body Works in the US, they simultaneously switched the EU market from Aromatherapy Associates to Acca Kappa.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 1:14 pm

I just had my first encounter with the thisworks product at a Marriott. I never loved or hated the Thann stuff, but for those of you that are not a big fan of strong scents, thisworks might be worse than Thann was. It's been many hours since I used the product, but I'm still getting strong whiffs of what I think is patchouli. Maybe it is just me, but I hate patchouli...I should've read the packaging closer before using it I guess. I'd much rather smell like Thann aromatic wood than an unshowered hippie at Bonnaroo. But even though i don't care for the aroma, I do think it is an increase in the quality over Thann.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 1:31 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
I don't mind the Thann, but whenever I see thisworks (which I think was at a Radisson?), I'm always tempted to sigh, shurg, and say "Well, I guess this works...". I'm guessing though that my middling (and somewhat sarcastic) reaction might not exactly be what the hotels want their guests to have.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by ryw
I don't mind the Thann, but whenever I see thisworks (which I think was at a Radisson?), I'm always tempted to sigh, shurg, and say "Well, I guess this works...". I'm guessing though that my middling (and somewhat sarcastic) reaction might not exactly be what the hotels want their guests to have.
No, it's not just you My first thought was what a StrangeName.com for a company. It's not very aspirational in connotation.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by rhg247
But even though i don't care for the aroma, I do think it is an increase in the quality over Thann.
How is it better quality? Marriott's strategy is to license these brand names and have Sysco Industrial Supply make this stuff in China, where they use an interesting and likely untested concoction of chemicals that are not found in the real products of these brands. Shame on Marriott for being so cheap.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
How is it better quality? Marriott's strategy is to license these brand names and have Sysco Industrial Supply make this stuff in China, where they use an interesting and likely untested concoction of chemicals that are not found in the real products of these brands. Shame on Marriott for being so cheap.
I didn't take any of the thisworks stuff so I can't read the ingredients list. But I'd be surprised if a company like thisworks would lend their name to Marriott and let them reformulate everything when thisworks brags about their GMO free/cruelty free/phthalates free/etc products. https://www.thisworks.com/why-this-w...roduct-science

Seems like that would be a bad look for thisworks.

And my assertion that it is better quality is based solely on my non-very-objective-data-point of at least I'm having a good hair day
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:36 pm

They have them right now at the Georgetown Marriott in DC. They didn't have them three weeks ago.

I can't really detect any scent. I don't really care.

(but I really do like the mint-rosemary shampoo at the Renis though....)
Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:07 pm

Am I alone in not loving the Ritz Asprey products? Like the JW, STR, and some Lux Collection amenities (Molton Brown) better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.