Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: hh Diamond,Marriott plat, ihg spire
Originally Posted by caimaster
Thanks for the pictures and the info on OWV without pool. With your info, I think I will paid the upgrade fee and stick with St. Regis.
Thats good if it works out for you. In the owv with pool now. There is a major flaw in the design. Access to the water is via a steep ladder with no platform at the bottom. The depth is easily 2 m during high tide and the stairs/ladder is pretty slippery at the bottom end. Holding a pair of fins in one hand and trying to put it on at the bottom without a platform is slightly challenging. Otherwise apart from that i really quite like the owv. Plenty of privacy, great sunset views. Lots of natural lighting and decent amount of space.

​​​​​
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:29 am

How much is the rt seaplane transfer?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:11 pm

For my February reservation for 2 people it's $950 ( billed as "destination amenity fee " on reservation ) plus $60 resort tax for two.

On a side note, when I checked my reservation today, it was changed by somebody from 2 people to 3 people with charges added: extra person: $1,232,
3rd seaplane transfer $475, 3rd resort fee $30
I emailed hotel to change it back to original reservation, waiting for reply.. Just weird how and why somebody would mess with reservation like that.. so keep all your screenshots!
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:31 am

@asian_journeyman, any chance you have photos of the food selections at the all-day dining options like Hawker, etc..?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: hh Diamond,Marriott plat, ihg spire
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
@asian_journeyman, any chance you have photos of the food selections at the all-day dining options like Hawker, etc..?

​​​​Hawker unfortunately closes at 7 pm. The menu has been posted in my previous posts.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by asian_journeyman
​​​​Hawker unfortunately closes at 7 pm. The menu has been posted in my previous posts.
OK, thanks. I was curious what the food actually looked like. It sounds like an interesting concept!
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by ahbitheman
I'd like to hear some first hand platinum member experience here. Some good reviews on TripAdvisor but would like to hear more on Flyertalk. I agree, although the CPP rate is better at the St.Regis and the W, if the experience is similar and the costs are less (i.e. more perks), then who really cares. I do like how the Westin OWV base room has a much larger glass floor. I also believe the menu is quite a bit cheaper for likely the same quality.

+1
ım also interested ın platınum premier benefıts...
* ıs there a lounge / afternoon tea -snacks at thıs property? If yes, what are the hours please.

*what ıs the arrıval amenities?

* how about complimentary water bottles?
how many do they replenish on a daıly basıs ,
ıf any ?

thank you.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Smurfettepharoh
+1
ım also interested ın platınum premier benefıts...
* ıs there a lounge / afternoon tea -snacks at thıs property? If yes, what are the hours please.

*what ıs the arrıval amenities?

* how about complimentary water bottles?
how many do they replenish on a daıly basıs ,
ıf any ?

thank you.

Would love to know as well!

Do we know if this property is going to be a category 8? I assume it is...
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Travelindia
I have booked Westin for my anniversary in February. I will update the forum on my experience. I called the hotel and the people seemed new/inexperienced. They couldn't answer a lot of questions that I had.

But the rates are certainly cheaper than W. Also it is close to the Hanifaru Bay. They also mentioned that we can use platinum suite awards for OWV upgrade. Overall very attractive. I am not sure if they have a house reef for snorkeling.
We are going the 9-14th of February!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by Signatureauddie

We are going the 9-14th of February!

Regarding suite awards, anyone know if it will get the OWV category with pool? If not, I would prefer to stay in a beach villa with pool...
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:51 am

Just reached out to the resort, and they've informed me that SNAs are 'not yet applicable' at their resort.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriott
Weird. Was going to book for December or January travel dates, and last week, December dates were bookable on reward points without any prepayment. Just a CC to guarantee the res. Then, the dates we wanted disappeared from availability. Now, some dates have reappeared and are available, but the website is asking for a $1,000/pp prepayment along with the points for many of the dates. Not sure what the prepayment of that size covers, since the sea plane ride and taxes should be $1010 total. Why are they requiring a payment nearly twice that amount?

Is this a website glitch, or is that massive prepayment normal? I don't want to commit this amount of money, even if it's refundable, until I'm sure I can get flights for those travel dates, and flights for the dates I want won't open for a few weeks.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by FrustratedinCA
Weird. Was going to book for December or January travel dates, and last week, December dates were bookable on reward points without any prepayment. Just a CC to guarantee the res. Then, the dates we wanted disappeared from availability. Now, some dates have reappeared and are available, but the website is asking for a $1,000/pp prepayment along with the points for many of the dates. Not sure what the prepayment of that size covers, since the sea plane ride and taxes should be $1010 total. Why are they requiring a payment nearly twice that amount?

Is this a website glitch, or is that massive prepayment normal? I don't want to commit this amount of money, even if it's refundable, until I'm sure I can get flights for those travel dates, and flights for the dates I want won't open for a few weeks.
Trying calling Marriott and booking to see if they take the same prepayment...could be a website issue...maybe??
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
It seems lots of rewards bookings have opened up but be careful as they are now non-refundable. Even my previous reservation says flexible next to the cancel button but non refundable in the terms (app only). I tried to edit my dates but couldn’t. What’s going on? Are they now allowed to make redemption bookings completely non refundable 1 day after booking?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: Marriott
I did see some dates show up without the prepayment and are fully cancellable up until 14 nights ahead of time. However, I think all reservations for the holiday period (the last two weeks of December and first two weeks of January) appear to be pre-pay only (and at a much higher rate than they should be for a points reservation) and non-refundable after one day.

So, I will not be making that reservation. Not worth the risk.

I've seen similar (or more egregious issues) with the other Maldives properties (W, St. Regis). Seems like Marriott is playing games with most of the Maldives properties, trying to make it hard to book them on points before the March intro of Cat 8 (but still having "availability" so it adheres to the no blackout date policy). Le sigh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.