Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:00 am

Anyone have experience with seaplane weight limits for carry-ons? They seem really low. If you wear a hip pack AND have a carry-on backpack, does the hip pack stay under the radar? Also, my last small plane flight I had to be weighed with my carry-on before boarding both on the outbound & the return. Is this done on seaplanes? TIA

(I'm asking in this thread because I know there's a seaplane transfer).
Old Aug 31, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by erdoran
Anyone have experience with seaplane weight limits for carry-ons? They seem really low. If you wear a hip pack AND have a carry-on backpack, does the hip pack stay under the radar? Also, my last small plane flight I had to be weighed with my carry-on before boarding both on the outbound & the return. Is this done on seaplanes? TIA

(I'm asking in this thread because I know there's a seaplane transfer).
Im almost positive my small backpack was over the limit, but we had no issues. I think our checked bags were under by a few pounds, plus we were 2 adults and a kid with a total of 2 checked and 3 carry on so I suspect they were looking more at total weight vs individual bag weight.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
Im almost positive my small backpack was over the limit, but we had no issues. I think our checked bags were under by a few pounds, plus we were 2 adults and a kid with a total of 2 checked and 3 carry on so I suspect they were looking more at total weight vs individual bag weight.
Yes, they do look at the total weight. Our total was over so we paid a little extra even though some individuals pieces were under the allowed weight.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:34 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AF gold, HHdiamond
Westin vs Le meridien

We are planning our 3rd trip to maldives while our previous stays have been to Conrad Rangali and Waldorf Ithaafushi which both stays were great.
We are now considering either Westin or Le Meridien on a beach villa with pool for 7 nights.( we have 2 kids 4yo and 2yo...) anyone who has been to both resorts ? Would appreciate a review comparing pros and cons for both!
Old Oct 30, 2022, 12:13 pm

I am heading to the Westin in 2 weeks, they just sent me their email to organize the seaplane transfer. The email also mentioned the following:
Effective from 05th March 2022, all arriving tourists and other visitors (traveling for the short-term and not subject to 07 days quarantine) are not required to present COVID-19 negative PCR test results to arrive in the Maldives. However; as a precautionary measure for all arriving and in-house guests and staff we request everyone to do a PCR test on the day of their arrival at the Resort.

While departing from the Maldives we can arrange for a PCR test. Our in-house doctor can take the sample at the resort and send it to Male’ hospital 72 hrs. prior to guest departure and will get the result on departure day and the same will cost USD 120 plus 23.2% taxes per person.
Regarding the part I highlighted above, has anyone been there recently? If so, what was your experience like? Did you have to take a PCR test at the resort at check-in? It doesn't say you have to quarantine while waiting for the results, which takes 72 hours. So do you just go about your vacation then if your test comes back positive you get kicked off the resort? (the email says they cannot accommodate guests who test positive)

Last edited by 57ruledsheets; Oct 30, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Old Dec 4, 2022, 10:30 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 57ruledsheets
I am heading to the Westin in 2 weeks, they just sent me their email to organize the seaplane transfer. The email also mentioned the following:

Regarding the part I highlighted above, has anyone been there recently? If so, what was your experience like? Did you have to take a PCR test at the resort at check-in? It doesn't say you have to quarantine while waiting for the results, which takes 72 hours. So do you just go about your vacation then if your test comes back positive you get kicked off the resort? (the email says they cannot accommodate guests who test positive)
I read on Reddit that the info about arrival test is outdated. Can you confirm that as well since this post is about a month old now? I have a coworker who is going to Westin Maldives next month.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 4:49 am

Email address

Hi all

does anyone please have a contact email address for this resort they could share with me?

what room type can you fit x2 young children in, alongside 2 adults, in case anyone happens to know the answer!

many thanks
Old Jan 19, 2023, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by drmish1
Hi all

does anyone please have a contact email address for this resort they could share with me?
[email protected]
Old Jan 19, 2023, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
thank you very much
Old Jan 19, 2023, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by lacoca
We are planning our 3rd trip to maldives while our previous stays have been to Conrad Rangali and Waldorf Ithaafushi which both stays were great.
We are now considering either Westin or Le Meridien on a beach villa with pool for 7 nights.( we have 2 kids 4yo and 2yo...) anyone who has been to both resorts ? Would appreciate a review comparing pros and cons for both!
I would also be very interested in anyone’s thoughts on Westin vs Le Meridian please…. In a similar situation- travelling with a 4yr old and 7yr old

thanks
Old Jan 19, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by drmish1
I would also be very interested in anyone’s thoughts on Westin vs Le Meridian please…. In a similar situation- travelling with a 4yr old and 7yr old

thanks
I visited both with a kid and shared some thoughts on a comparison in my review of the LM (late Mar/early Apr 2022) in that thread. In short, we loved both, but if we were returning to one, we'd choose LM.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 3:04 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, American Airlines Lifetime Platinum, Accor Live Limitless Gold
Plug type at the Miriandhoo

Does anyone recall what plugs the wall sockets take at the Miriadhoo?
Old Feb 3, 2023, 9:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by Debls
Does anyone recall what plugs the wall sockets take at the Miriadhoo?
I don't remember needing to use an adapter for my US plugs. Let me look back through an old TR I wrote and see if I have any pics to confirm.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 9:57 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, American Airlines Lifetime Platinum, Accor Live Limitless Gold
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
I don't remember needing to use an adapter for my US plugs. Let me look back through an old TR I wrote and see if I have any pics to confirm.
Thank you. We are travelling with UK plugs or a multi-adaptor that does not have a type D plug (3 pronged round pins), which I read is common in the Maldives. Appreciate you checking the photos!
Old Feb 3, 2023, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Debls
Thank you. We are travelling with UK plugs or a multi-adaptor that does not have a type D plug (3 pronged round pins), which I read is common in the Maldives. Appreciate you checking the photos!
This is the best picture I have, but it looks like a US plug to me with maybe some additional adapter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.