Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St Regis Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
I'm there in HKG on Thursday... WIll make it a point to visit the spot as I was looking at staying at the Renaissance hotel and opted not to. Instead I will visit both and the area. My office is in Kowloon (Olympic Station area) and it's just not as convenient to do the commute to/from this area as opposed to my usual spot at the W HKG (Kowloon Station) being just one metro stop away from the office.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: Some
Some more info added to the website:
  • 112 rooms and 17 signature suites ranging in size from 538 to 2,583 sq. ft.
  • Every room to have in-room check in
I'm also seeing a price displaying from 1st July 2019 onwards when I search for availability in Hong Kong, but it doesn't appear to quite be bookable yet as it redirects to the hotel page rather than the booking page when you click it. Appears to be priced at slightly under 4,000 HKD for most nights.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:22 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Didn't think it was gonna be cheap, but jesus… that's insane pricing. Not even close to the realm of what's realistic. It doesn't look like this place will have any views, so why bother even staying here vs. the Ritz.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti CX SL SQ KFEG
plat recognition?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:50 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by helvetic
Didn't think it was gonna be cheap, but jesus… that's insane pricing. Not even close to the realm of what's realistic. It doesn't look like this place will have any views, so why bother even staying here vs. the Ritz.
Chinese money brand recognition, possibly.
3rdworldresident and xexs like this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Pricing above RC is a huge fail. If you want breakfast, upgrades, etc at the RC on a paid stay just use FHR or Virtuoso. I was going to move a stay with a confirmed suite upgrade at the Grand Hyatt to this hotel if the price was right, but evidently not.
xexs likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 1:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's not unusual for properties to price high when they first open.

The rooms are very large . . . even base room is listed over 500 sq ft.

Not a fan of convention center location.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 1:24 am

Programs: Some
Now bookable.

Cat 8, of course.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Now bookable.

Cat 8, of course.
Is it me, or it makes JW Marriott HK (Cat 6) relatively cheap using points and Travel Packages? Yes I know St Regis is higher grade but location not so good .....
xexs likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Has anyone found any award availability? Cash rates for entry-level rooms available but nothing on points for the random days I looked.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Not happy about this - they appear to be waiting until they can get Cat 8 points rates. There's now a message when you book that says 'this hotel is not taking redemption bookings at this time, but you can make a cash booking'!
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
At Hyatt, properties are not required to offer award stays until they open. Don't know if new Marriott has a similar rule.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:02 am

let's see after 5/3
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:08 pm

just received an email from them confirming the opening will be the first half of April!
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Originally Posted by Ollie264
Not happy about this - they appear to be waiting until they can get Cat 8 points rates. There's now a message when you book that says 'this hotel is not taking redemption bookings at this time, but you can make a cash booking'!
Isn't there something in the t&c's which says as long as the entry level room is available, they also have to offer awards for it? Did anyone call Marriott and try to book it on points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.