Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2016, 8:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Fairfield Inn - Surabaya Indonesia

http://news.marriott.com/2016/11/fai...eld-indonesia/

Category 1.

"Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAR) introduces Fairfield by Marriott Surabaya, the first Fairfield property in Indonesia. The new hotel is a significant milestone of the brand’s expansion into the midscale hotel segment in Indonesia.

Fairfield by Marriott is located in a new development area in West Surabaya, easily accessible to a main highway to accommodate travelers who are commuting to the outlying industrial estates from the city center.

With its strategic location, close to Ciputra World, one of the biggest shopping malls in Surabaya and near to various entertainment and shops, the hotel offers easy access to the highway and 45 minutes away from Juanda International Airport.

In proximity to one of the city’s key business areas, the hotel offers 270 guest rooms and suites. The all-day dining restaurant, ‘Kava’, serves Indonesian and Western cuisine in both buffet and a-la-carte options where guests can relax while enjoying the city view. And ‘Kava Bar’, where guest can enjoy cocktails, mocktails as well as fine spirits. The hotel also provides corner market for guests to have convenient access to drinks and snacks."

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...iott-surabaya/
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:30 pm

Has anyone stayed here yet? I have a one night trip to SBY coming up and am debating this versus JW.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Debating Fairfield versus JW? Huh?

I mean if the price difference significant, you might have answered your own question. I am curious on the free breakfast standard for these FI overseas/Asian properties. Might be better than in the states?

Rasheed
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rasheed
Debating Fairfield versus JW? Huh?

I mean if the price difference significant, you might have answered your own question. I am curious on the free breakfast standard for these FI overseas/Asian properties. Might be better than in the states?

Rasheed
I wondered the same thing - ie, FI vs. JW. If it's a huge price differential then going w/ the less expensive FI makes sense. Otherwise, the JW would presumably win.

I think the Asian FI property breakfast are much better than the US versions.

BTW - here's a pic of the buffet area for this property:

Old Aug 26, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Accor Gold, Star Alliance Silver
Fairfield is relatively new hotel. Stayed here once.
I can say they should improve their services including breakfast taste significantly. Rooms generally Ok.
With that said, if JW has slightly different higher price, better go with JW.

For platinum members, Fairfield has not yet opened the higher category rooms. If you have plat, then better go to JW.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
So i'm confused.
I thought fairfield has free breakfast for all.
But they have room-rate only, and rate that includes breakfast.

For Gold, i assume we'll have free breakfast here?
Thanks,
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tomy77
So i'm confused.
I thought fairfield has free breakfast for all.
But they have room-rate only, and rate that includes breakfast.

For Gold, i assume we'll have free breakfast here?
Thanks,
Wow - that's a strange one. Usually FI does have free brekkie for all. One would think that being Gold would get you breakfast for free, but the member rewards rates have two different rates - room or room+breakfast.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.