Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sthala, Ubud, Bali, Tribute Portfolio [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2016, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yosithezet
Smoking policy

All guest rooms are 100% non-smoking. However, smoking is allowed in public area. 2,000,000.00 IDR cleaning fee will be imposed to guest who violates the smoking policy.

Limited Facilities Available Until Further Notice

Until further notice, the business center are not available. Please contact the hotel for further information.

Spa

The Crème de la Crème spa opened on 19 May 2017.
Print Wikipost

Sthala, Ubud, Bali, Tribute Portfolio [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2016, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Looks like a nice place to immerse oneself onto mother earth.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Picturing the entree pages from the dinner menu. Food here is very good and I was happy with everything ordered. Prices are higher than you would find in local restaurants.

Also pictured is the breakfast a la carte menu. When breakfast is included with the room (e.g. Platinum benefit) guests can eat from the buffet and, in addition, select one item from the menu. The buffet is OK although not as extensive as the resort properties in Bali. There are about 6 hot items, fruit, cereal, and pastries.

Pictured below are Barramundi from the dinner menu (large portion size not represented in the picture) and Pancakes from the breakfast menu.
Attached Images      
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:03 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
I just completed a two night stay at this new Starwood property and wanted to write my impressions.

The hotel is located about 15 minutes outside of Ubud on main roadway that goes into downtown Ubud. I took Uber from the airport. The ride was about an hour in moderate traffic and ran 150k IDR. Once you are at the hotel, they have regular shuttle service into Ubud that is convenient for shopping or heading to the town for dinner. I believe the last shuttle from Ubud to the hotel leaves at 7:30PM so you’ll need to take a taxi if you stay later than that. The area is mostly residential – a small village, school, and rice fields. It’s fun to walk the narrow residential streets for an hour or join the morning foot tour given by the hotel twice per week. There are a few art stores selling paintings across the street and a coffee “plantation” up the road but no local restaurants.

The hotel itself is a multi-story long rectangular building. The lobby is at the center. Half the rooms extend towards the main road and the other half of the rooms extend toward the river in the back of the property. There are two pools, one in each half, and all rooms overlook a pool. I believe the Platinum upgrade rooms are the ones in the back (quieter) half of the hotel. It’s the location of the room, not the features of the room that define the upgrade; that was my feeling but not confirmed. There are only 20 upgradable rooms so holidays may find some competition but the hotel manager is very aware of who is arriving and does his best to accommodate everyone.

The welcome amenity is a choice of a carved wooden sign that says “Welcome”, a heavy stone carving about the size of a forearm, or breakfast. I’d guess everyone would choose breakfast. They hand write your check out date on a breakfast permit. You’ll need to show the permit each time you eat and they made a point of taking the paper away from me on the last day I stayed in the hotel. They seem overly protective of giving away breakfasts but … that’s the system.

Rooms at the hotel were, what I’d consider, slightly smaller than normal. The bed was comfortable, shower was great (nice water pressure), television with plenty of cable channels, and balcony overlooking the pool. There is no bathtub, just a shower.

The hotel has various free activities that rotate throughout the week. At 7:00 AM they alternate between yoga, a walk to a nearby village, and one other activity (water aerobics?). They can also arrange local tours. I used them to book a tour to climb Mount Batur and the price (350k IDR) was less expensive than anything I found online.

Overall I was happy with my stay but there are a few things I wanted to note. If you are using Starwood points, you’re finally able to stay in Ubud and get better access to the temples, rice fields, and volcanoes that make central Bali unique. In my opinion, Nusa Dua is a beach vacation that can be replicated in hundreds of beaches around the world. Bali’s charm is inland.
What I found a bit lacking at this hotel was a sense of place. I’ve paid for stays in other Ubud resorts that evoked the Balinese culture in the building design, footpaths, trees, plants, and lighting. This property is a white modern mid-rise hotel, a building you might find in any American suburb. You’ll need to remind yourself that you are indeed in Bali. Open the patio door in the morning and you’ll hear roosters from the village across the river but if you leave it closed you could be anywhere.
Attached Images      
Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
We stayed nearby in a huge villa next to the river a bit over a year ago. We could see the huge white building being worked in in the distance. Not sure if it was this property, or the other SPG property next door.

It is a pretty nice area to be in. There are so many good deals on Bali these days.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:00 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Wonderful hotel in the countryside

Sthala, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Lodtunduh Ubud Gianyar, Bali 

Wonderful hotel in the countryside (11 Photos)

Getting there

Getting to the hotel from the airport was pretty straightforward. Typing the name of the hotel in Uber brought it up quickly. I booked an Uber and headed upstairs to the departures area. Prepaid SIMs are easy and cheap in the airport so it is best to have a local number handy to call the driver. At the time of this writing, Uber is still having issues with the local transportation drivers so don't mention ot anyone that you are waiting for or looking for Uber. About ten minutes after booking I was in the car and on the way to the property. The drive was about an hour on a Friday afternoon and cost IDR 190K with surge pricing.

1_IMG_8525.JPG

Check In

The guest services agent addressed me by name the moment I got out of the Uber. I asked how she knew who I was and she said that it was her job to know the guests. Check-in was quick. I was informed that they'd upgraded me to a deluxe room, though I think that is what I'd booked. I asked to see the welcome amenity before choosing the 500 points. The options were these wooden carving of reclining Bhudda, reclining Ganesh and a Welcome sign.IMG_8526.JPG

They asked me to wait a moment in the lobby for the GM to greet me, but when they called him he was unavailble.

IMG_8564.JPG

Room

The rooms are not very large but sufficient. 

Other reviews included pictures of the room and mine was the same.

The safe was located in a cabinet under the TV IIRC. I am always disappointed when the safe is low so that I have to stoop down to gain access. The safe was big enough for a laptop.

There was a coffee machien with pods in the

Bathroom

The bathroom is somewhat sealed so that it keeps in the steam when showering. This is nice as you don't step out of the shower into a cold bathroom. This is also important as the shower doesn't have a door but rather a glass seperation wall which goes 3/4 the legnth of the shower.

Service

The staff were very friendly and pretty much everyone called me by name throughout my three night stay. There didn't seem to be all that many people staying at the hotel. I imagine this makes it a 

Dining

Breakfast
As there aren't so many people at the hotel, they are not putting on a full buffet. There is a table with fruit and cakes and bread. The menu that was posted in the thread was still in use. The options are pretty good and the plating is really fabulous. They definitely take pride in the presentation of the dishes.

During the three days I tried the Mexican Smash, which was a variation of the Eggs Benedict with avacado, the Nalu bowl and an omlette. Everything was delicious and the quality exceeded my expectations.

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_8578.JPG

IMG_8579.JPG

Lunch/Dinner
I ate twice at the rooftop bar. Both times I had the most delicious fried fish sandwich with great chips on the side. The portion was a bit too much for me, but the taste, and again the plating, was spectacular.

IMG_8630.JPG

The hotel is up in the hills about 15-20 mins from Ubud's center. The hotel has shuttles back and forth every two hours. They use various vehicles depending upon the number of people who booked. On the way back I waited at the Coco supermarket with two guys who were on the van into town with me, and we nearly missed the pickup as it was a totally different car with no markings. The drive had a Sthala sign, but he was just standing at the car which parked on the opposite side of the small parking lot from where we had been dropped.

Getting Uber drivers to come to the hotel for pickup was challenging. At one point I spent an hour playing catch and release with Uber drivers. I'd make a request, they would accept, but not move their car. I'd call, they would pick up and say they can't come to the hotel as they won't be allowed in. I tried to assure them that there was no problem at this hotel. They still wouldn't move their car so I'd have to cancel. The one time that Uber charged me a IDR 10K cancellation fee I challenged it and it was reversed.

That particular evening I used the BlueBird taxi app and was on my way within 10 mins. The BlueBird cost about double to my destination compared to an Uber. 

One evening I had an Uber driver complain when he picked me up to take me back to Sthala. He mentioned that it is very far away when compared with the fare. I offered him a tip and we were on our way.

There is really nothing outside the Sthala. Some shops have popped up across the street, but really tourirsty cultural sorts of stuff. There is a small shop that sells drinks and snacks, but this is really like a very local corner shop. The woman running it was very nice. She spoke no English but was showing me all sorts of snacks and drinks that I may be interested in. 

All in all the location was nice and relaxing.

Spa

IMG_8565.JPG

The Crème de la Crème Spa had opened the day before my arrival. The space seems a bit too large for the furniture, but the manager mentioned that they are still setting up.

IMG_8583.JPG

In the evenings they filled up with bookings. There were about 6-7 masseuses during the two times I visited. The prices were reasonable for a hotel spa. IDR 350K for an hour-long full body massage. Rather than use oil, they use a cream for the massage. It seems to have some tiger balm type of ingredients inside which was really nice. The air conditioning was a bit loud, but hopefully that is something they will work out.

Scan May 19, 2017, 6.01 PM.jpg

The staff are all from local villages but have been working as masseuses for a few years.

Upon finishing my treatment  I was offered some hot tea. While chatting with the manager he asked for my impressions and then asked if they could get a picture of me with the staff. I suggested that I take a picture of him with his staff as well. 

IMG_8600.JPG

Overall

This is a hotel I would definitely recommend to anyone who is looking for a nice relaxing getaway in a natural setting. I agree with the comments that the rooms lack the sense of place and are pretty generic. But I think that if you keep the curtains open, spend time outside in the great rooftop bar and pool and interact with the wonderful staff, you will have a really njoyable stay.

Wonderful hotel in the countryside

Would you like to write a review on the Sthala, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: AC-SE Hhonors-G IHG-P
So no suite upgrades for Platinum at this hotel?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Nice review, yosi!
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by fdem
Just completed a 5 night stay here, great little boutique fitting for a town like Ubud. You wouldn't want to see any massive sheratons here.
A few observations:

Great value for money under 100 US dollars per night. Rooms very modern but on the compact side, suites not completed, but very modern and functional, same for the bathrooms.
Breakfast included for all with small cold buffet and hot items to,order from the menu.
We only ate once in the evening, however that was due to such low occupancy, we just felt a little isolated which was a shame as the food was excellent and not too expensive for a hotel.
Hotel provided complimentary transport every few hours to and from Ubud. Last return to hotel was 7.30pm so would be good if once occupancy increases they could add a later return shuttle as getting a cab after 10pm was challenging.
There were 2 pools both adequate for a swim plenty of sunloungers.

Common parts were modern Asian, very stylish.

Platinum treatment was good. We were upgraded to a river view (no suites ready yet) we took the 500 points as breakfast was included.

The staff were fantastic, very efficient and we felt as if we were coming home each time we returned.

Easy to access tourist sites from Ubud. Would recommend booking a car with driver around 50 US per day including petrol.

All in all a great place to spend a few days, maybe combine with a few days on the coast, currently at the Laguna Nusa Dua.

Any queries do email me.
Thanks for the tip on the driver. Were you able to book it directly through the hotel? And any additional info you can give us on form of payment - was it charged to your room or were you able to pay in U.S. dollars?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum, AA Platinum
Great July 2017 Stay at Sthala

We had a great stay at the Sthala in July 2017. The rooms were new, clean, and spacious. The breakfast was AMAZING. Some of the best Balinese food I had on our entire trip. Although these dishes may be more of what I would be used to for lunch or dinner (because they are served with noodles or rice and fish, which I think is customary to eat for any meal of the day in Bali), I couldn't resist, they were delicious! In addition to traditional food, there was an omlette station, pastries, fresh fruit, and just tons of options. You could get an iced coffee or latte included with breakfast. Or you could order something off the menu. We got the smoothie bowls...wow, yummy! We got 4 complimentary bottles of water in the room every day.

We did have dinner one night at the restaurant (where they also hold the breakfast), and it was really good. Not buffet style like breakfast, and less ethnic, but still good, and prices were very reasonable, especially after the 20% off for spg members. We also had dinner once at the rooftop - that was much less successful - less to choose from and pricier in relation to the food, but the real let-down there was the service; there were more employees than customers, but we still had to ask for things repeatedly. And we got stopped twice on our way out to make sure we paid (which of course we had), including one random employee (not even our server) who chased us to the elevator to ask if we had paid...pretty embarrassing for us really...

So, highlights in addition to breakfast were the activities the hotel provided (all complimentary). The highlight was the bike tour (by Sumairsi (I think I may be getting the spelling wrong..)). He took us through the local village, showed us the rice paddies, explained the growing process, and took us into a local home (I think it was his uncle's house). Really a highlight from our Bali trip.

Service by hotel staff was pretty good. Some were really great, and very personable; some were so-so, but none were bad experiences.

Location wise - this can be a bit of a hike from Ubud. But the shuttle service was really very convenient. Unlike other hotels, they actual provide shuttle service back to the hotel as well. The shuttle stop is a parking lot of a grocery store - so great spot to get some snacks and whatnots. There were at least 6 roundtrip shuttle option .... but you do need to reserve in advance. We never had a problem getting a reservation, even just a couple hours in advance. One time we needed to get to Ubud at a specific time, so we took a local taxi - the hotel arranged it with a local driver...it was 100k idr fixed rate (which I think is about $8)...but the ride took an hour due to traffic. Usually, I think the ride was about 15 minutes --- but I can't say for sure since I didn't really time it the other times. I did try to get a cab through the BlueBird app, but the drivers never actually came...

In summary - I recommend this hotel. Since most of the days we were exploring the island, it really wasn't that big of a deal that we were situated outside Ubud. The breakfast and village bike tour certainly well exceded any drawbacks of not being centrally located.

Misc non-hotel specific info: We got a name of a driver from other guests at the hotel - we used the driver twice - his rate was 500k-600k for 7-8 hours. For the trip to the airport, we contacted the local driver that the hotel had arranged for us to take into Ubud a few days earlier -- his rate was 300k to the airport. We contacted the drivers via text message or Whatsapp...and the front desk also helped us contact them...which as really great of them to do.

Last edited by yosithezet; Aug 6, 2017 at 6:37 pm Reason: Markup
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:35 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Just completed two nights at Sthala. In contrast to some of the prior reviews, I found the hotel pretty disappointing.

The problem is perhaps that I’ve been to Bali many times, including some villa rentals in Ubud. If you expect something comparable – and the pictures on the Sthala site might lead you in that direction – you’re in for a disappointment. The Sthala is a concrete block, more on the level of an airport Four Points than an Ubud villa, plopped in a pretty location.

The hotel was close to capacity when I stayed (high season and a holiday weekend), so I was given a pool view room. I think all the rooms are the same interior-wise (what differs is the view), and again, Four Points is probably the best comparison – fairly basic furniture, not too large. It’s worth mentioning that the hotel has an enormous number of rooms with not great or really crappy views (of walls, several levels below the pool, etc), so if you don’t have status, consider that in high season, there’s a pretty good chance that you’ll find yourself in a room without view (or even daylight).

There’s not much to do in the immediate vicinity of the hotel – the local village, but walking around is challenging – so unless you’re going on one of the tours put on by the hotel, you’ll probably be getting a driver or taking the hotel’s shuttle to Ubud town. We did the latter, and we were stuck in traffic for almost an hour; on the return, the shuttle came 30 minutes late, and the trip again took almost an hour. (This isn’t the hotel’s fault, of course). Ubud town has changed a lot over the past 20 years, and really isn’t on my list of recommended places anymore.

We had breakfast at the hotel twice, and it was just ok. Very busy, poorly organized (food running out and no effort to replenish, tea order forgotten or very late), and with a pretty mediocre selection. (The hotel was fully buffet when we were there, no option to order from a menu). We also ordered room service once, and it took almost an hour to arrive and was lukewarm at best. And happy hour drinks at the bar – very beautiful sunset, but the drinks were pretty weak. The staff were very friendly, but often not very capable or helpful. We carried our own luggage up the steps, nobody took our drink orders, nobody helped us load luggage in the car and saw us off, even though in all cases several people were standing around.

Some posters have said, finally there’s an SPG place to stay in Ubud. Well, yes, I guess. But: this hotel really doesn’t have much of a Balinese feel, and it is horribly, horribly overpriced on points. How it can be a Cat 5 is beyond me. I have never seen it run above $100, and it’s often much lower. I originally made a C&P reservation when it was Cat 3, and even that wasn’t worth keeping, because their “opening rate” for my stay dates was 950k IDR, and I was able to BRG it for 800k. So points redemption is a stunningly bad deal, and the almost 1000 points I earned (with promos and some food/drink) certainly wouldn’t make me choose this place over a better option in Ubud.
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jpdx
... How it can be a Cat 5 is beyond me. I have never seen it run above $100, and it’s often much lower ...
Im curious about this too.

In Bali, all hotels seem to be categorized wrongly (overrated). IMO, only St. Regis deserves its current category (7).
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:46 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Im curious about this too.

In Bali, all hotels seem to be categorized wrongly (overrated). IMO, only St. Regis deserves its current category (7).
We are not told the ingredients of the "secret sauce" SPG uses to determine categories, but I agree that most properties worldwide and especially in tourist destinations in SE Asia are over-categorized. There's very likely an element of deterrence going on -- as Cat 2 (which it would rightfully be), the Sthala would probably be overrun with redemptions. I'm in Bali right now, during arguably a very busy time (couldn't get the Hyatt for 4 nights because it's sold out), and even now the Laguna/Westin/Sheraton are in the $200 range, and Sthala/4PS/4PK are in the $80 range (and of course can be BRGed for much less). None of these are very compelling redemptions now, and during low season, prices can be 30-50% lower.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:20 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Categories are based on projected revenue. Still doesn't make sense for this property to be so high.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:35 am

Trip resort

We recently completed a 5 night stay here and had an okay stay.

First, don't expect much platinum recognition here at all. The breastfast is included for everybody under the cheapest rate here. There are only 2 suites in the entire building. So you'd better book it if you really need a suite. They also don't honor 4pm checkout for platinum. They told me this is a resort even though it is called a hotel and look like a hotel. Not much facility as a resort.

The hotel is clean and modern. The room size is okay for most regular rooms. We booked a suite ourselves. It is twice of the size of regular room. Overall the rooms are fine. There is nothing special.

the staff are very nice and polite, which is good. But they are not well trained. We had issues with room cleaning as they forgot to provide toiletries and toilet paper multiple times. We also had issue with laundry where they didn't return the laundry on time.

We had breakfast at sungai restaurant every day and had lunch once. Breakfast is average of what you'd see is SE Asia. Nothing sprecial. We thought the lunch was delicious. But it was very slow and a bit overpriced.

the hotel is outside of ubud. It takes about $8 us to get there. Uber and grab taxi charges much less but the drivers often declines the requests. The hotel shuttle get you to the edge of the town and it takes another 15 minutes to walk to the center. The shuttle runs every 2 hours and you can not rely on it.

Overall, an okay option if you want to stick to SPG. Unless I really need the stay/night credit, I'd stay at other properties.
RussianGuy likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Comments: 1. Very poor checkin - had ask first for different reception manager since one started to serve speak very poor english, then had to point to the second manager that I have two different back to back reservations, even I noted that especially during reservation on the in advance, she didnt bother to check or look and was repeatedly asking me for checkout time tomorrow + after settle the upfront bill had to change the room three times since no one bothered to honor my requests about top floor and no pool view from the also mentioned during reservation prices even hotel was 75% empty at this point - so I can say very bad recognition towards platinum elite or loyal guests ... another way surprised me - there is only two reception desks in the lobby and there was a line at SPG logo guest desk, but when I tried to go to the second desk which was customer empty I've been told it's not working and they asked me to cue in the line with obviously not SPG guests, but some travel agency customers who was checking out...

2. Being current platinum Marriott guest I was considering transferring and spending some points for "SPG in the hotel instant rewards" - I remember from before it was great way to get nice spa treatment etc - no one heard about such things here and I did ask about that customer relations manager who helped us to choose the room after reception failed to deliver... at least she was speaking English...

3. Right after checkin myself and my partner went to the pool, where ordered pizza and arrival cocktail from pool menu... cocktail was missing alcohol from my taste and I think I know what I'm talking about being Russian and pizza was absolutely great, but it was served without any napkins wor forks or knifes, so they probably expected us eat with our hands - had to requested it separately

4. During our two and a half hours by the pool no one bothered to bring something like wet towel or simple glass of water - very easy touch which is expected from the hotels like this located at island/mostly resort oriented locations... i don't want to compare, but we arrived to this hotel from Conrad Nusa Dua where even complementary fruit ice was served by the pool and we're talking 1000 rooms hotel here, not boutique style hotel as the Sthala

5. When I got back to the room I found the welcome letter... listen, you saw me checking in into the hotel with the boyfriend, you have both our passports... is it very hard to understand that We're not Mr/Mrs Guy and my name is not "Dear Dear Russian"... you write in your email "personally" welcome? Better no welcome letter at all, if it's THAT personal.

6. There's no phone in the bathroom - very uncomfortable to listen it's ringing for 8 times while you're in the shower and your partner is sill by the pool. The room is 30 meters, and if phone is not answered after third ring it's just polite to stop calling, right?

7. When you're by the pool you can hear very strange music coming from somewhere in the hotel - maybe a mice event, maybe fitness... when I was booking the Sthala I was trying to find hotel which is secluded far from the hustle of the city and at this point this music is bothering and sound like cheap Egypt or Turkey resort... when I come to Bali and if i want to hear the music by the pool I will be staying at W hotel and in the hotels like the Sthala you expect to hear roosters and listen to the wind, please correct me if I'm wrong. Update. Music from the upstairs bar stopped when I complained to the staff. Nice. Update2. Same issue next day... 9-30 in the morning, but music playing like its after hours in some club in Ibiza

8. Pool toilet has no inside locks, this is not very comfortable to expect someone else to comin at anytime you there because toilet is the only one...

9. At this point I decided to call guest relations manager and showed her above text, she apologized for misspelling my name in the welcome letter and I asked her to make us happy... in her own understanding I think she decided that I want somehow to continue discussion and sent me room division manager which came over to me by the pool and sit down next to me introduced himself and asked me if there any way they can make my stay "even more better"... I said I still prefer to be by myself alone together with my boyfriend and not to be bothered... as follow up he send me a fruit plate with seasonal fruits (priced about 5usd) and letter requesting my time ... I think this is an insult and I don't want to lose time explaining anything above to the hotel stuff in person.

10. Next day I ordered mango shakes after breakfast when I get to the pool - it was about 9-00 am... now it's 12-00 ... there were plenty of staff coming around as you can see from above, but no one bothered to take away dirty glasses... it's only 3 people by the pool all that time and only us two who ordering smith... same as yesterday - no wet towels, no complimentary water... we left the hotel at the lunch time and spend better time outside hotel - tomorrow is our last day and we hope to relax...

11. But, last day at the hotel was ruined completely for us. Hotel was completely booked and sold out for two mice events, hotel has only one very interested design-vise bar, which was one of the reason I booked the hotel based on photos, and on the last day I was expecting to do some photos etc... but bar in question was closed for private event because of the above mice events ... also since bar is located on top of the swimming pool you obliged to listen to coffee breaks music, to the event speakers, pretty much be the part of the program... this is not the vacation in boutique style hotel you can expect... no advance mentioning of the events or in room information was provided to us during the booking or at the hotel neither during check in or my stay... so thank you the Sthala you made last three days of my vacation miserable - I choose the hotel because it's new, boutique and conveniently located for myself - we're buying presents for our friends in Ubud - and I was hoping to spend times relaxing before coming back to the busy Moscow Unfortunately I booked non refundable rates and it wasn't possible to change the hotel and once again I feel that all the information about upcoming mice events which will take over whole hotel and you just can't relax and enjoy yourself with peace and cerenity should be advised upfront during booking.

answer from GM re above.... dear mr RussianGuy

Allow me and apology for very late on taking a part on your valid feedback received and trust me that we do seriously following up for our improvement. The entire quality services from check in process, food and beverage pool and restaurant services, and most importantly the loyal costumer recognition will be our high priority to be reviewed and improved very soon.

From technical part like house phone inside the bathroom and bathtub advertisement as well as back ground music level at our Naga Bar has been followed up.

In short, I personally apologize for the inconvenience as I personally will lead my team for a better performance.

Mr. RussianGuy, allow me to make my decision as 2,500 Star points offered by my team will stretched into an additional 50% refund from your room rate during 3 night

Last edited by RussianGuy; Oct 11, 2017 at 3:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.